• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:03:52 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Caruaru

Started by Rodrigovis, July 22, 2018, 03:24:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rodrigovis

guysThis is my first conversion.
Caruaru one of the Brazilian tracks.
has some problems still like some transparetntes textures and the cameras ...
all the criticisms will be well received ...
If anyone can help with the cameras, I appreciate it.
Good fun.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/p01q5u8qtv82u29/caruaru.rar/file

KG_03

the track is very very good. I really like it. I didn't notice any problems with transparent textures. I would suggest you to reposition some trees as from the track point of view they look like poles in the ground.

Reactive

Quote from: Rodrigovis on July 22, 2018, 03:24:14 AM
If anyone can help with the cameras, I appreciate it.

Ask Ghezoo
Excuse my English, its not my native.
Ryzen7 1800x / Aorus GA-AX370 Gaming K7 / Hynix 16Gb x2 2993MHz / Samsung 960PRO 512 M.2 / nVidia GTX1060 6Gb / Windows 10 pro x64

Rodrigovis

Rodrigovis

Quote from: KG_03 on July 22, 2018, 11:28:37 AM
the track is very very good. I really like it. I didn't notice any problems with transparent textures. I would suggest you to reposition some trees as from the track point of view they look like poles in the ground.

tks

Grooveski

July 24, 2018, 12:58:58 AM #5 Last Edit: July 24, 2018, 01:04:55 AM by Grooveski
Great to see you biting the bullet an getting into (Brazilian ;D) track modding Rodrigo. 
...and we've known each other long enough that I feel I can be straight with you from the off....

It's bumpy  :-\ - and the bumps aren't because the track is bumpy - it's because it's too low-poly.   ;)
GPB is far more sensitive to low-poly models than GP500 was.  Everything taken from rFactor needs smoothed or subdivided or whatever your modelling program calls it.

On the plus side -  GPB can take it - you could subdivide Caruraa two or three times and it'd still run fine.   :)

...but how you go about it will depend on what program you choose to get into modeling with. 
Whichever one you've chosen there will probably be someone here who can talk you through it.   :)

Rodrigovis

July 24, 2018, 09:49:42 AM #6 Last Edit: July 24, 2018, 10:02:08 AM by Rodrigovis
 ;) ;D ;D
Big groovesk ... you were the one who converted the Brazilian tracks to the GP500 :)
this is my first conversion ... and the twists and turns shake a lot, apart from the lack of some textures like the grids on the grid, as well as the grams in local data ...
if you can give me some tips i'm glad
;D ;D ;D

Rodrigovis

Is it possible to convert the tracks of the automobilista? Julian told me that there are some problems to convert....

cyborg chip

message in brazilian portuguese..

CARUARU que eu conheço é no Ceará... estou certo? rsrs, muito legal.

comecei há pouco tempo no gp bikes e estou jogando em realidade virtual. estou aprendendo..

você costuma jogar em qual server?

abraço.

Rodrigovis

Você é Brasileiro?
Na verdade Caruaru fica no pernambuco...
temos um campeonato para o pessoal da nossa região com ping legal https://motovelocidadevirtua.blogspot.com/

Quote from: cyborg chip on July 24, 2018, 07:45:56 PM
message in brazilian portuguese..

CARUARU que eu conheço é no Ceará... estou certo? rsrs, muito legal.

comecei há pouco tempo no gp bikes e estou jogando em realidade virtual. estou aprendendo..

você costuma jogar em qual server?

abraço.

Rodrigovis

How can I adjust the stroke curves?
Do you have any tutorials for editing?

Quote from: Grooveski on July 24, 2018, 12:58:58 AM
Great to see you biting the bullet an getting into (Brazilian ;D) track modding Rodrigo. 
...and we've known each other long enough that I feel I can be straight with you from the off....

It's bumpy  :-\ - and the bumps aren't because the track is bumpy - it's because it's too low-poly.   ;)
GPB is far more sensitive to low-poly models than GP500 was.  Everything taken from rFactor needs smoothed or subdivided or whatever your modelling program calls it.

On the plus side -  GPB can take it - you could subdivide Caruraa two or three times and it'd still run fine.   :)

...but how you go about it will depend on what program you choose to get into modeling with. 
Whichever one you've chosen there will probably be someone here who can talk you through it.   :)

Grooveski

July 25, 2018, 02:57:27 PM #12 Last Edit: July 26, 2018, 12:12:36 AM by Grooveski
The trouble is - I know that the modeling program I use(Lightwave) is weak at this and that it can be done much quicker in 3DS MAX.
...but I don't know how to do it - and every time I've tried I've messed up.   ::)

...but ok - in Lightwave it goes like this:

You get the bit of track you want to smooth onto a layer of it's own, do a Merge Points to make sure everything's welded properly and select the model.

Press tab to MetaNURB the model, which makes it look smooth but it's not really - it's just a in-modeler trick.

Freeze the model.

Nurb and freeze again...

...and again - until the poly density is up in the region you're looking for.

So now the road is nice and smooth but it's not welded to the grass or kerbs anymore.

Welding it back up is the tedious part of the job.  I'll try to get it done tonight and upload it to you complete with all the rest of the model.
In the meantime - here's the WIP model for you to check out.  Do a quick conversion of it if you like - just avoid the track edges - the gaps will crash GPB.   ;)

https://mega.nz/#!PolXXIzZ!Hlh-dWkdwiOTs3JVO2qh0nP2ruST9Tb6eypYBzYic7s

Also - here's a guide I made for Seby years ago.  I've changed the way I do a few things since then...
...but not much really - it's still worth a flick through.

https://mega.nz/#!r09lTYaa!RT1RxS0_sRqlNSqcmdTKYgpvtXxtvCjnQM7STlt1uzs

[Edit] Was silly posting a timescale.

Got a fair bit done tonight but it's not even half-way finished.
I'll upload it when it's ready - that's what I should have said.   :)

Rodrigovis

hello ... I just came home now ... I'm going to download Lightwave and see what I can learn ...
tks

Quote from: Grooveski on July 25, 2018, 02:57:27 PM
The trouble is - I know that the modeling program I use(Lightwave) is weak at this and that it can be done much quicker in 3DS MAX.
...but I don't know how to do it - and every time I've tried I've messed up.   ::)

...but ok - in Lightwave it goes like this:

You get the bit of track you want to smooth onto a layer of it's own, do a Merge Points to make sure everything's welded properly and select the model.

Press tab to MetaNURB the model, which makes it look smooth but it's not really - it's just a in-modeler trick.

Freeze the model.

Nurb and freeze again...

...and again - until the poly density is up in the region you're looking for.

So now the road is nice and smooth but it's not welded to the grass or kerbs anymore.

Welding it back up is the tedious part of the job.  I'll try to get it done tonight and upload it to you complete with all the rest of the model.
In the meantime - here's the WIP model for you to check out.  Do a quick conversion of it if you like - just avoid the track edges - the gaps will crash GPB.   ;)

https://mega.nz/#!PolXXIzZ!Hlh-dWkdwiOTs3JVO2qh0nP2ruST9Tb6eypYBzYic7s

Also - here's a guide I made for Seby years ago.  I've changed the way I do a few things since then...
...but not much really - it's still worth a flick through.

https://mega.nz/#!r09lTYaa!RT1RxS0_sRqlNSqcmdTKYgpvtXxtvCjnQM7STlt1uzs

[Edit] Was silly posting a timescale.

Got a fair bit done tonight but it's not even half-way finished.
I'll upload it when it's ready - that's what I should have said.   :)

Grooveski

Here's something to refer to.
https://mega.nz/#!T9t2hYAA!xuP-_lXJeAIDImINe19Hz3i39_WpWiul9H0SD9TzHsw
You don't need to read it all.  Just look up the commands mentioned in the track guide and read what it says about them.  It's for an old version of LW but nothing's changed much.

You're working in Modeler - just ignore the Layout Program - that's for animation.

Play with the move (t) and rotate (y) tools and get used to how they work differently depending on which viewport you're working in.

Open the Layer, Numeric and Statistic windows and have a good play around with them.  They stay open nearly all of the time.

Snap-Drag (Shift-G) to manually weld one point to another.

Merge Polygons (Shift-Z) to change a pair of triangles to a quad.

Merge Points (m) for the the big final weld.

...and Add Points(in the Multiply Tab) for the tedious bit.

Those are the commands you'll use most for a smoothing job.