• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 05:45:45 AM

Sidecars?

Started by DaringD, August 15, 2018, 10:11:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaringD

Hello all,

I grew up around British club racing and a fair amount of my extended family competed in one way or another in the British F1 and F2 sidecar championships pretty much since they were invented, so I have a love for sidecar outfits, though I was wondering if the physics of GPB would be able to cater to it or if cornering totally revolves around leaning or if this is something that could theoretically be possible?

I suspect the demand for it is probably just... me, but this kind of thing would make for pretty interesting online play with passengers and drivers, teamwork, I've always hoped for a sidecar game that would compare to other modern racing games.

h106frp

It might be possible using WRS rather than GPB - maybe one of the WRS modders could build a very simplified 3 wheeler to try?

Hawk

Well this is something we've asked Piboso for in the past(a long time ago now) and I'm totally with you on this DaringD, sidecars would be a great addition to GPB; afterall, a sidecar is but a bike with an extra wheel poking out the side, no? ;D ;)

How's about considering this addition to GPB Piboso? ;D

h106frp

August 16, 2018, 07:22:47 AM #3 Last Edit: August 16, 2018, 07:25:17 AM by h106frp
I think its available in that 'other' IOM TT game, with both 1 and 2 player team modes  ;)

Watched a video and it looks sort of OK but I though sidecars with very little suspension travel should bounce around a lot more and it did not appear to have much lift (if any) of the chariot wheel

DaringD

Quote from: Hawk on August 15, 2018, 11:31:09 PM
Well this is something we've asked Piboso for in the past(a long time ago now) and I'm totally with you on this DaringD, sidecars would be a great addition to GPB; afterall, a sidecar is but a bike with an extra wheel poking out the side, no? ;D ;)

How's about considering this addition to GPB Piboso? ;D

It's nice to know someone else feels that way about sidecars, I was asking more because I don't know how the physics work and I assumed that if they were 'true' physics, an outfit could be made and would work, but I think I might have been a little naive and I'm also assuming that it wouldn't just be a five minute job to implement so I understand it might not be a consideration, but it would be pretty good fun I bet.

h106frp

The physics should work but we do not have the geometry support to convert GPB to true 3 wheel.

Manu

I have also thought about the sidecars. In fact I did some tests, but there is no support for 3 wheels in gpbikes as h106frp has said. Maybe it can be done in wrs.
It's Easier to Fool People Than It Is to Convince Them That They Have Been Fooled.