• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:41:40 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Legends Suit Template??

Started by Hawk, August 20, 2018, 01:59:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawk

Any chance of letting us have the "Legends" Suit Template please Piboso?

And please can we have all the official templates in layered .psd format please Piboso for ease of painting? Thank you. :)

Manu

Modern and Legend template they are compatible.
It's Easier to Fool People Than It Is to Convince Them That They Have Been Fooled.

matty0l215

the name is different isn't it?
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

Hawk

Quote from: Manu on August 20, 2018, 05:35:04 PM
Modern and Legend template they are compatible.

Thanks for that Manu..... I think I've see you mention that before but I wasn't 100% sure it was you who said it. Thanks mate! ;) 8)

PS: Would be good to know if, as Matty was querying above, whether the names of the suit paint elements within the Modern suit templates are named differently and what those names are? Thanks.  ;)

Manu

August 20, 2018, 10:31:38 PM #4 Last Edit: August 20, 2018, 10:33:17 PM by Manu
Looking inside the edf I found that the default painting is "rider_legends"
It's Easier to Fool People Than It Is to Convince Them That They Have Been Fooled.

h106frp

Quote from: Manu on August 20, 2018, 10:31:38 PM

And how do you do that?  (Looking inside the edf)

Manu

August 21, 2018, 12:05:01 AM #6 Last Edit: August 21, 2018, 12:19:21 AM by Manu
Quote from: h106frp on August 20, 2018, 11:31:49 PM
Quote from: Manu on August 20, 2018, 10:31:38 PM

And how do you do that?  (Looking inside the edf)

With a text editor (notepad ++) looking for plain text.

DaringD

Hey Manu,

With using the Modern suit template without the shading from the original Legends suit, won't that cause a bit of weirdness with the specular map not lining up and causing a sort of ghosting effect?

I looked really carefully at both of the suits and the creasing and leather seams are totally different.

Anyway, it's good to know that at least I can get on with some Legends suits by using the Modern template, thanks!

Manu

Hi DaringD

The modern template can be used as a base. The modern model and the legends share the same mapped but the particular details of the legends can only be used if piboso provides the template.

Specular, Normal and Reflect maps they are included in the model.

DaringD

QuoteSpecular, Normal and Reflect maps they are included in the model.

That's what I thought, so I'll probably hold off until we can get our hands on those, I don't think I've been part of the community for long enough to start making damands! so I'll please myself with whats available for now, there is plenty to be getting on with.

Thanks for the information though, sometimes it's good to know that the thing you need isn't available so you don't have to waste time looking for it.

Hawk

August 22, 2018, 02:25:57 PM #10 Last Edit: August 22, 2018, 02:28:59 PM by Hawk
Update Memo:

Snappe has very kindly and speedily provided the "Legend" riders suit paint template in .psd format with layers to ease the task of painting.

I've sent the file to Matty for inclusion in the paint database, so it should be available very soon.

For your convenience here is a link to the paint database forum thread were you can access the paint database: http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=2625.msg38830#msg38830

A BIG, "Thank you!" to you Snappe! Your a STAR! Thank you and very much appreciated mate! ;D 8)

Hawk.

Napalm Nick

Thanks Snappe and well done Hawk. :)
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

PiBoSo

Quote from: Hawk on August 22, 2018, 02:25:57 PM
Update Memo:

Snappe has very kindly and speedily provided the "Legend" riders suit paint template in .psd format with layers to ease the task of painting.

I've sent the file to Matty for inclusion in the paint database, so it should be available very soon.

Please don't.
The templates has been updated:
http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=1623.msg92122#msg92122
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

matty0l215

For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

Hawk

Quote from: PiBoSo on August 22, 2018, 03:38:26 PM
Quote from: Hawk on August 22, 2018, 02:25:57 PM
Update Memo:

Please don't.
The templates has been updated:
http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=1623.msg92122#msg92122

I must say that I don't understand your reasoning as to why you would rather us not put this template in the community paint database Piboso? :o ???
My thinking was that people will have access to the paint template files at the same time as they have access to the paint files that the community have created without having to download from separate websites..... I just cannot understand your objection to that Piboso?? :-\

I purposely didn't publish a download link myself so that there wouldn't be spurious download links for the template/s which I understand can cause issues if the templates are updated in future and the spurious links are not updated also, I understand that as does Matty.... This is the main reason the community have just the one paint database administered by one person(Matty) so as to keep things organised properly without having outdated download links all over the forum.

I hope you will reconsider your request Piboso? Thank you.  ;) 8)

My apologies to you Snappe if I put you in an awkward situation by doing this mate..... This is the last thing I thought would've happened. ??? :(