• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:27:14 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

More camera options

Started by dude, August 08, 2018, 06:27:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dude

I play and enjoy GPB since december 2013 and looked at all the good steps forward the betas have made.
But one thing never really changed: the cameras.

To make it short I just write down my wishes for the future.

1P View:

• needs to be tweaked to look (sry) more like in MotoGP 18 (sry again) :D There is a thread about the unrealistic position between the riders head/line of eyes and the apex in combination with the front end bike shape.
  • adding more effects like head shaking to simulate the wind hitting the helmet or decent blur for more speed feeling *weeeee*
  • more fine tune options like moving the whole cam up/down/near/far, so you can better adjust a more realistic view to the different bikes (for now you can just adjust the fov to "move" forward/backward)

3P View:
  • adding more positions like a far cam and a near cam, maybe another with a little gyro effect
  • let us choose if we want to drive with a static following cam or like it is now with a cam that follows a bit into a corner (seeing the bike more from the side while cornering, dont like it much)
  • adding effects like blur (using a slider to choose the prefered intense)

I know that the 1P cam settings are currently in the bike model folder but maybe there is another way to make the cams "free" and not depending to the mod youre using.

These things are my personal wishes and that should not mean, that the current state of options is bad.

Thanks for never stoping improving GPB! :)

matty0l215

Completly agree that camera view should be more custom

Most of the bikes have their camera way to low in first person.
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

RIDER

I don't have a problem with 1st person as is.

aguy0523

Yes, would like the ability to adjust/move the 1st person view in the game like @dude said.

KG_03

I fully agree with the suggestions about 1p camera

Vini

August 11, 2018, 08:51:25 AM #5 Last Edit: August 11, 2018, 09:05:00 AM by Vini
Agree as well.

The 1P camera position should not be defined in the bike CFG but rather be defined solely by the user (in-game) as a transformative function of the actual rider's eye position.
You would define a constant offset and a percentage of movement (independently for each axis) relative to the position of the rider's head/eyes (relative to the bike).

So if the rider moves his head let's say 20cm away from neutral position horizontally at max. lean and you defined the percentage to be 80%, the 1P cam would move 16cm away from neutral position on that axis.
This way, you wouldn't have to change your view settings for every bike and it will obviously be closer to the point of view you have in reality. It should also allow helmet cam in replays relatively easily.