• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 05:35:50 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

One annoying replay missing feature ?

Started by HornetMaX, January 26, 2014, 11:57:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HornetMaX

HI all,

when I watch replays I'm often in a situation where I use one of the trackside or spectator cameras, but I'd like to roam/move/zoom it a bit.
Today if I want to do that I have to use the Free-Roam camera, but that obliges me to "fly" all the way from the finish line to the spot I like.

Wouldn't it be better if, whichever cemera we are looking at, selecting the Free-Roam camera will automagically put its initial position (and direction) exactly where the current camera is ?

MaX.

Klax75

Yes I was thinking this same thing the other day.

iVolution

Quote from: HornetMaX on January 26, 2014, 11:57:42 PM
Wouldn't it be better if, whichever cemera we are looking at, selecting the Free-Roam camera will automagically put its initial position (and direction) exactly where the current camera is ?

MaX.
+1, that is why I never take the time to use it now, just takes too much time to do a quick view of something if it took place on the back side of the track

P.S. shouldn't be too hard to implement either since i guess the coordinates of the current camera can simply be used for the free roam camera as a starting position.

HornetMaX

Quote from: iVolution on January 27, 2014, 12:29:57 AM
+1, that is why I never take the time to use it now, just takes too much time to do a quick view of something if it took place on the back side of the track
Let me guess: you are not aware that using the NUM +/- keys you can vary the speed at which the camera roams ...

Anyway, it's still a PITA, so the proposed solution would clearly be better.

MaX.

Stout Johnson

MaX.
+1
    -----------   WarStout Kawasaki Team   -----------

Hawk

HI all,

when I watch replays I'm often in a situation where I use one of the trackside or spectator cameras, but I'd like to roam/move/zoom it a bit.
Today if I want to do that I have to use the Free-Roam camera, but that obliges me to "fly" all the way from the finish line to the spot I like.

MaX.

You've got my vote, Max! +1 ;D

ALEale

HornetMaX

I've added this to the wishlist recap.

MaX.