• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:54:35 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Itching to replace my bike, I tried a couple of recent ones.

Started by HornetMaX, November 04, 2018, 12:05:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HornetMaX

matty0l215

For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

Napalm Nick

"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Stout Johnson

Nice! Judged upon the vegatation pictured above, I would say you still have fairly warm weather where you live. So enjoy that babe and always ride safely mate!
    -----------   WarStout Kawasaki Team   -----------

Hawk

Nice Max! ;D

You'll need some big safety run-off areas if your going on the road with that beast mate!  ;) ;D ;D

Warlock

hohohooo, congrats man !  you certainly must be a happy daddy  , thats a real beast  :)

Enjoy it , ride safe

..cough ! aheemmm akrapovic  !  ;D

HornetMaX

Thanks all.

Weather is still very reasonable, although this morning I've seen only 5C (but during the day it's way better). Problem is time to ride it, should be a bit better from December on.

Run-off areas: definitely something I hope not to need / test :)

Akra: one of the thing that really sucks on the 2018 Tuono is that to comply woth Euro4, they had to put an exhaust valve and it is in the silencer, not in the collectors. So swapping the gigantinc OEM silencer is a bit of a nightmare (small electronic stuff to make the ECU think the valve is still there + remapping of the ECU). And of course, all this is not homologated (i.e. non street-legal). Only street-legal option is the dedicated Akra, which has 2 issues to me: first it's still big as fuck (so no aesthetic gain and essentially no weight gain) and second it costs a little fortune. That's annoying ... on Euro3 models you had plenty of choices for aftermarket slip-ons ...

Warlock

Quote from: HornetMaX on November 19, 2018, 08:27:20 PM
Akra: one of the thing that really sucks on the 2018 Tuono is that to comply woth Euro4, they had to put an exhaust valve and it is in the silencer, not in the collectors. So swapping the gigantinc OEM silencer is a bit of a nightmare (small electronic stuff to make the ECU think the valve is still there + remapping of the ECU). And of course, all this is not homologated (i.e. non street-legal). Only street-legal option is the dedicated Akra, which has 2 issues to me: first it's still big as fuck (so no aesthetic gain and essentially no weight gain) and second it costs a little fortune. That's annoying ... on Euro3 models you had plenty of choices for aftermarket slip-ons ...

Ohh.. that's a bummer   :-\  , true the legal akra still an aberration .....
Well, pretty sure you will find a way to put the race one sooner or later, a man just can't live with that huge can in one side of the bike  ;D

HornetMaX

Quote from: Warlock on November 20, 2018, 02:27:00 AM
Ohh.. that's a bummer   :-\  , true the legal akra still an aberration .....
Well, pretty sure you will find a way to put the race one sooner or later, a man just can't live with that huge can in one side of the bike  ;D
This time it's gonna be hard: most of the yummy slip-ons are not road-legal and if you happen to find a road-legal one, usually Aprilia dealers are not happy to apply you the modified map (because of course they have the order to only do this for the "official" Akra ones). Yawn ...