Author Topic: PiBoSo and simracing youtubers  (Read 1845 times)

connorhall70

• YeetGod
    • View Profile
Re: PiBoSo and simracing youtubers
« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2018, 09:59:30 PM »
people would bsah the old clunky ui, bash the graphics etc. plus you never advertised any of your games very well. in fact i dont think you ever did. what do u expecT?
GanjaGod

Asdrael

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2018, 03:22:56 PM »
Youtubers - at least 99% of them - are not interested in providing new things, they are interested in getting views. So unless you quite litteraly pay them, they won't cover your game if you have no hype around it.

You have zero active online presence when it comes to marketing. I don't even get an email when a new MXB beta is out, and that's the BARE minimum nowadays. That, and I'd say one twitter post a day + a trailer video for each beta (which, to be honest, you more or less started doing). I know proper advertisement is not realistic within budget, but then you need to rely on creating hype to attract new players.

Those days, a beta is considered a release. Your games have been in beta for years if not for a decade, so there is no new hype around those.

If KRP is like MXB and GPB, the online racing is still very lack luster, so the community barely gels together and can't spread with awesome racing videos.

Again, if it's like MXB and GPB, it is so difficult to get into modding that content simply doesn't come at a decent pace and quality outside of a select few modders.

So in short - your active following is to small to attract youtubers, and the common perception of players is that there is never anything new attract them.
Asdrael - #15

PiBoSo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2018, 11:34:49 PM »

Thank you everyone for the information.
Very insightful.
Obviously your ambition outweighs your talent

Cory_Hayes.11

• Track Creation and 3d Modelling
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2018, 11:37:39 AM »
well there you go, someone ended up doing a comparison

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPzkQwTGKow&t=3s
YEAH BOIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

Hawk

• MOD Team: CAWS / GP-Team: Horizon GP #7
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2018, 12:46:48 PM »

Not of much use unless you understand his language..... Very limited audience reach.... A very poor decision from the YouTuber concerned, in my opinion.  :P

YouTube definitely needs a translation utility on it's service..... far too many videos in foreign(non-English) language appearing on YouTube these days, which is fine for those who understand a particular foreign language, but video posters need to fully understand that if they want the biggest audiences then they need to speak and post using the international language to reach large audiences.

If YouTube don't do this then they at least need a search filter for filtering out non-English language videos, then we might get all foreign posters starting to use the international language.

This is not an attack on non-English speaking people, I'm just stating the way it is in the world..... The international language to communicate to the biggest majority of people on this planet is, like it or not, the English language.... people should understand that and use it on global communication media sites like YouTube.  :)

PiBoSo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2018, 12:51:36 PM »

Yay!
Smaller youtubers to the rescue!  :)
« Last Edit: November 11, 2018, 06:45:34 PM by PiBoSo »

JamoZ

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 11, 2018, 05:35:32 PM »
Back then you didn`t want to hear anything about it ...but this is a issue many people here confronted you with multiple times over the past what, 7/8/9 years? And now you`re wondering what`s going on? Hilarious.

I hope you take all the insights and advices in this thread seriously this time around, as it might be your last chance to do something about it looking at the competition...

Tom HWK

• View Profile
    • Hardwick Graphics
« Reply #37 on: November 12, 2018, 10:52:41 AM »
2 things i think all the game would benefit from would be a better internet presence and an new UI, the outdated grey 4:3 layout is definitely a turn off.

PiBoSo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 12, 2018, 11:22:39 AM »
2 things i think all the game would benefit from would be a better internet presence and an new UI, the outdated grey 4:3 layout is definitely a turn off.

Could you please link a reference UI you like?

Tom HWK

• View Profile
    • Hardwick Graphics
« Reply #39 on: November 12, 2018, 01:18:46 PM »

I think it needs to look clean and simple. I really like the Fifa menus, ACC and PC2 have a clean look too, the simple box layout like Windows 10.
F1 2018 has a clean look in a different style, scrolling across the bottom with pictures above.
And even though i really don't enjoy MotoGP 18 much, the way they animated the bike on the menu is very nice.

Pictures for reference.

And in terms of social media and internet presence in general i'd look at how the guy making Wrench is putting his work out http://www.wrenchgame.com/ he has his blog, 6k followers on Instagram, 15k on Facebook, 1.7k on Youtube and as far as i'm aware its 1 guy making the game.

You have a new bike you are working on for GP-Bikes, make some noise about it.

PiBoSo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 12, 2018, 03:08:25 PM »

I think it needs to look clean and simple. I really like the Fifa menus, ACC and PC2 have a clean look too, the simple box layout like Windows 10.
F1 2018 has a clean look in a different style, scrolling across the bottom with pictures above.
And even though i really don't enjoy MotoGP 18 much, the way they animated the bike on the menu is very nice.

I don't like the Windows Metro interface at all.
The F1 UI is a huge waste of space.

The MotoGP interface is actually quite nice, not too dissimilar from the GP Bikes one.

Probably making the GP Bikes default interface 4:3 instead of 16:9 wasn't a forward-looking idea  :-[

Hawk

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 12, 2018, 03:18:38 PM »
@Piboso.... If you'd personally struggle to achieve the professional quality you wanted, then why not do a community competition to design the UI's for your projects.... There are some very talents graphics artists here.... some being their day jobs..... You'd just need to give them the basic guide-lines as to what you'd require: Formats, image sizes, etc.

Give it a try.... Nothing to lose, and you may just come up with a gem of a design that you could implement

Just a thought.  ;)

Hawk

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 12, 2018, 08:26:15 PM »
Probably a good idea to change the UI selector sound too? Personally I find it very irritating.... CLUNK, CLUNK.  :P ;D

C21

• Online: Chris Walker....the Stalker :-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 13, 2018, 06:12:30 AM »
Quote from: Cory_Hayes.11 on November 11, 2018, 11:37:39 AM

Not of much use unless you understand his language..... Very limited audience reach.... A very poor decision from the YouTuber concerned, in my opinion.  :P

YouTube definitely needs a translation utility on it's service..... far too many videos in foreign(non-English) language appearing on YouTube these days, which is fine for those who understand a particular foreign language, but video posters need to fully understand that if they want the biggest audiences then they need to speak and post using the international language to reach large audiences.

If YouTube don't do this then they at least need a search filter for filtering out non-English language videos, then we might get all foreign posters starting to use the international language.

This is not an attack on non-English speaking people, I'm just stating the way it is in the world..... The international language to communicate to the biggest majority of people on this planet is, like it or not, the English language.... people should understand that and use it on global communication media sites like YouTube.

As i personally donīt like german reviews as well because they are limited for german speaking people the review is not that bad, in fact very good. The reviewer drove kart at the age 13-16 , he has a bit of experience in kart sport.
Short summary:
KRP wins against KK and he said that the handling and phsyics are still benchmark for kart racing games - "it could be real". He likes the chassis flex and the surface grain / tire marks on the track which is not present in KK.
KK is better in terms of graphic but not as good in terms of physics.
KRP is the best sim but it still lacks of users playing it.
KK still lacks the multiplayer option and the kart shows some strange reactions but the feeling is not that good as in KRP.

@Hawk
Still nowadays not everyone is able to speak english or do a recent review of a game in fluent english if itīs not his native language ;)
Youtube alread has a translation utility which works really well but not everyone uses it.
EA uses a discord server where you can ask the develper questions if you encounter problems playing the game.
# Member of the CAWS Racing Team #

Stout Johnson

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 13, 2018, 07:58:26 AM »
Thank you everyone for the information.
Very insightful.
Thank you for being open to suggestions. Good (but rare) approach these days.

I don't like the Windows Metro interface at all.
The F1 UI is a huge waste of space.
I know it is your product and it might be hard to accept. But when it comes to things like UI and looks your opinion on what is neat and pretty might not be representative. And what good is a product which the developer things looks nice but the majority of its users and potential users might not?

Trying to fathom in which direction to go when changing UI would be a classic topic for a poll. Then take it as a general direction to go and alter the community-proposed UI according to your product. So if certain details in the proposed UI are not applicable for you, then change it in that respect where it makes sense for you. But you should be open in the general layout according to what your customers want. That's just common sense to me. The UI very much affect the overall feeling and the acceptability of your products, especially for new potential customers who test the demo. The first impression matters as to what attitude a user has to your titles.

I know that your titles are sims and the looks are not the most important selling points. But we all are affected by the overall feeling too, not just the hard facts.

Probably a good idea to change the UI selector sound too? Personally I find it very irritating.... CLUNK, CLUNK.  :P ;D
I agree. The sound is like from a game from the 90's. Make it a more subtle and pleasant sound. I used to have a TV where the menu selection sound was a unpleasant und loud sound. I just started to hate it. The new TV makes a much more pleasant selection sound and I am much more relaxed. Such small details actually do matter.
    -----------   WarStout Kawasaki Team   -----------