• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:56:15 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

CAWS MOD Team - Net Dash for Android Devices

Started by matty0l215, November 06, 2018, 07:54:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

javiliyors

h106frp

Unfortunately I have no experience of IOS or apple devices and as far as I know the code cannot be simply ported between android and IOS.

davidboda46

Quote from: javiliyors on November 08, 2018, 12:43:09 PM
U can release the app to IOS ??

Apple is also not so keen on people installing apps that haven't gone true the Itunes check. The only way to get it on an Iphone or Ipad is if you have a jailbreaked device.

Cheers,

/David "Gonzo" Boda #46
"THE EDGE... THERE IS NO HONEST WAY TO EXPLAIN IT BECAUSE THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO REALLY KNOW WHERE IT IS ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE GONE OVER"

davidboda46

Hi guys.
Sort of got it working on Beta 14 but I have this flashing screen bug (watch video), don't know why... tried on an HTC One M9 and on a Samsung Galaxy S8+, same problem on both... Any ideas?
http://www.youtube.com/v/8gWSBmwNuTs

Cheers,

/David "Gonzo" Boda #46
"THE EDGE... THERE IS NO HONEST WAY TO EXPLAIN IT BECAUSE THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO REALLY KNOW WHERE IT IS ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE GONE OVER"

h106frp

That would occur if it received an empty packet of data, what do you have set in udp_proxy?

or....

if you have installed the new .dlo from Piboso (08/11). During a quick test I cannot disable the new extended data and this would cause a conflict with this app that only expects data in the original format used by the b14 release .dlo.

davidboda46

Quote from: h106frp on November 08, 2018, 11:41:39 PM
That would occur if it received an empty packet of data, what do you have set in udp_proxy?

or....

if you have installed the new .dlo from Piboso (08/11). During a quick test I cannot disable the new extended data and this would cause a conflict with this app that only expects data in the original format used by the b14 release .dlo.

My settings
[params]
enable = 1
port = 30001
ip = 192.168.0.108:30001
delay = 1
info = 1

Also tried with port = 30000

Have the new dlo from Piboso but I think I kept the old one so I will try with that one today, if I can find it ;) Should I remove the "info = 1" if I use the old dlo?   

Also, since PIB didn't answer me... do you think it's possible to get it working on Beta13? I prefer it too Beta14.

Thanks for all your great work!

Cheers,

/David "Gonzo" Boda #46

h106frp

If you are using the new dlo that is the problem.

Really do not know about b13 but with the header data that is added I guess not

davidboda46

Quote from: h106frp on November 09, 2018, 01:09:31 PM
If you are using the new dlo that is the problem.

Really do not know about b13 but with the header data that is added I guess not

Tried with the old .dlo. That did the trick, works perfect now, thanks! One little request... could you guys make a version were the Kph and Mph are switched around, so the kph is the bigger one and mph the smaller?

Suggestions:
Maybe also include the clutch next to the throttle and brakes if it's possible?
Different colors for Throttle, F-brake, R-brake and Clutch, for example Throttle green (as it is now), F-brake red (as it is now), R-brake yellow, Clutch blue?
TC level, AW Level, EB level and engine mode (like TC:3 AW:1 EB:2 EM:1, maybe on the left side above the taco?), if it's possible to extract that info from GP-Bikes?

Thank you again. Awesome work!

Cheers,

/David "Gonzo" Boda #46

matty0l215

Working on Adjustable features for a future release. ;)
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

davidboda46

Quote from: matty0l215 on November 09, 2018, 09:26:21 PM
Working on Adjustable features for a future release. ;)

Awesome!

Now we just have to wait for B15 (hopefully without any front end issues).

Cheers,

/David "Gonzo" Boda #46

matty0l215

Net Dash Mk.2 is here!

The dash is now based up an AIM TFT dash, like the one used on the CAWS 350 Clubman

Download
HERE
Updates

• New splash screen with UDP data link indication during GPB start
  • Dash uses sprite animation for rpm bar, revlights, warning lights, ECU settings and ECU activity monitor, app now generates its own custom font so it should be independent of locale.
  • Functions; rpm, speed, ECU, suspension, speed, fuel, temps and timings.
  • Tap on the screen in normal on track mode toggles between ECU and control inputs/Direct steer viewer in lower left corner
  • Shift lights now have definite shift point indication in animation sequence
  • Broken windscreen when you have crashed

Issues known - UDP does not appear to correctly transmit last lap time, bug reported to Pib

bison160

This is a cool looking app. Great job guys. I have almost no experience with app development, but would assume this is something that could be ported over and used with WRS as well. Would obviously take some different artwork, which I could do, but no idea how to implement it.

h106frp

PB would need to implement the UDP plug in for WRS so you could work out what to display but I guess it would all work in a similar way.

davidboda46

Hi guys.

First of all, love the app (Mk.2), I use an old Motorola phone as dash now and it is perfect. I have one minor bug to report. The inputs are coming up in the wrong boxes for me. So:

Controller            APP
Clutch          =       Rear brake
Front Brake  =       Throttle
Throttle        =       Front Brake

Thank you for bringing the Net Dash to GP Bikes. :)

Cheers,

/David "Gonzo" Boda #46

matty0l215

We shall be working on the App soon. A the moment we are still getting back up to speed with GPB after taking a bit of a break :)