• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 03:08:53 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Donington Park Circuit v2.0

Started by javiliyors, November 09, 2018, 06:57:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

javiliyors

Quote from: Hawk on November 17, 2018, 09:16:58 PM
Quote from: javiliyors on November 17, 2018, 07:59:47 PM
Quote from: Syd on November 17, 2018, 07:55:12 PM
I don't understand? It feels like you are floating on a sea of grip. The track you have copied, what we already have, Donington GP and Nat, seems more realistic and nicer to ride (in my opinion). I don't want mega grippy kerbs either. Not wishing to upset you, because you have done a lot work for the comunity, but it was probably better left alone.

This is your opinion, respect my opinion this version is too much realistic than older... kerbs, outtrack, asphalt... but not problem my friend  ;)

I've just been testing this version Javi as I said I would earlier mate....

I'm curious.. Can I ask you something Javi: What is it exactly that makes you think this is more realistic than the CAWS version kerbs, out-track and asphalt? Are you talking about the textures, smoothness of the track/kerbs, or is it something else? I'd be curious to know your thoughts on this.  :)

I would also be interested to know what you changed and what you added in comparison to the original version too? Some things are obvious of course.  ;D

Well i try only the version of the mega link... i dont know it is the caws wip version or no, but is too bumpy and the kerbs is too high. This game is too sensible with this things, and my version, i thinks is too better rideable without this problems of the track. And if added the high definition textures imported to the AC tracks and new groove... i think is too much realistic.... but is my opinion. If u dont like it i respect your comentaries

javiliyors

h106frp

Noticeable in the video that unless upright the kerbs are respected and avoided on this track.

javiliyors

Quote from: h106frp on November 17, 2018, 11:37:17 PM
Noticeable in the video that unless upright the kerbs are respected and avoided on this track.

Yes, but is a real life...

Hawk

No worries Javi.... We obviously have opposite points of view when it come to what makes a realistic track for a simulator..... I'd personally prefer to have tracks that are real to scale; you appear to prefer completely flat and smooth kerbs and tracks surfaces; but why you would think that makes them more realistic  I do not understand?

But anyway we all have differing opinions at times.......  Good luck to you, respect to you and enjoy modding your tracks mate.  ;) 8)

Napalm Nick

My opinion on this because its a forum and we are allowed to:

If the kerbs are modelled correctly then its the bike physics that is wrong. Making a track that fits the current physics is all well and good for now but is masking the real problem.
The question then is ultimately - do we want a simulator that runs on simulated tracks? Or badly simulated physics and non-simulated tracks that 'feels' right?.

"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Kaidicko

I think the CAWs version is more realistic, the problem lies with the bikes and the tyres imo, all tracks shouldn't be made flat and have flat painted kerbs just because the bikes don't handle them as they should. I agree with Nick

javiliyors

ok, if u want a real kerbs no problem, i make a version with Real kerbs....

Hawk

Quote from: KliPPiE on November 18, 2018, 03:49:52 PM
HAWK no disrespect to you, but from a perspective of someone (me) who has ridden Donington Park, Javi has hit the nail on the head in terms of feel and i really cant stand the version caws released considering its my favorite track in real life, the graphics is fantastic but the curbs are pathetic and I really hoped an update would come but i was wrong. I am someone who pushes the boundaries of a track using the entire service from the curbs to the sand and the way you make it out to be in the caws version is way to unrealistic.

You've ridden at Donington Park Klippie! Oh really!! I'm impressed! ;D
No disrespect to you either Klippie, but I was racing bikes at Donington Park way before you were born mate, I was even there on the day it re-opened. It is also my local track living just five miles away from it, so I think I probably have slightly more experience of what it's like to race a bike around Donington Park, Klippie, don't you think so? ;D
You are not the only person on this forum that races or has raced bikes, and at your age you have a long way to go before you have the experience and knowledge of most of the guys concerned here... Just remember that mate. :P ;D

As for your opinion, I refer you to Nicks post above.... I totally agree with what Nick is saying in his post - Well said Nick! ;)

Napalm Nick

Quote from: javiliyors on November 18, 2018, 05:15:05 PM

I think we want real physics more.

Why not leave it as it is Jav until the physics improves and make the track more real then? As long as we remember its not a problem and who knows how long before the physics is sorted. 

But my point was that the track is not wrong as implied just not suitable for current day physics.

Love a compromise, me.  :)
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Hawk

Quote from: Napalm Nick on November 18, 2018, 05:51:57 PM
Quote from: javiliyors on November 18, 2018, 05:15:05 PM

I think we want real physics more.

Why not leave it as it is Jav until the physics improves and make the track more real then? As long as we remember its not a problem and who knows how long before the physics is sorted. 

But my point was that the track is not wrong as implied just not suitable for current day physics.

Love a compromise, me.  :)

+1 Nick

@Javi: I totally agree with what Nick has said there mate.  ;)

javiliyors

Added: Real Kerbs version. Include all 3D Kerbs in the track.

Enjoy.

matty0l215

November 18, 2018, 08:37:37 PM #28 Last Edit: November 18, 2018, 08:39:58 PM by matty0l215
Quote from: KliPPiE on June 26, 2017, 10:07:05 PM
Coming from someone who has raced this track in real life,

This is as close as fucking dammit as im going to get to going back and reliving my moment where i won there in the BSB final.

Ride 2 has nothing on this,

To all involved what a great map!

Funny, you said that about our one...

Shame you didn't provide feedback back then...

We will have to invest in a new crystal ball for future projects, Current one is a bit cloudy ;D
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

Napalm Nick

Real and flat kerb variants! I like what you did there Javil. Thank you!   :)