• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:34:45 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Crowdfunding 2...

Started by PiBoSo, November 19, 2018, 02:31:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you think of a crowd funding campaign to add a laser scanned Nordschleife officially to GP Bikes?

Shut up and take my money!
17 (63%)
Meh... A mod is already available.
10 (37%)

Total Members Voted: 26

PiBoSo

New spin.

I've been in contact with the Nurb for all of 2018 for the indoor kart track project, and I am wondering:
1) How many would join a crowd-funding campaign to have the laser-scanned Nordschleife officially in GP Bikes?
2) How many think it would be a good idea?

There already is a mod version, but:
1) is it an authorized conversion?
2) does it come from laser-scanned data?
3) it doesn't use the graphics engine at its full potential

Nonetheless, I'm not sure that a better and official version of the Nurb would be enough for a successful campaign.
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

Napalm Nick

Quality content would always be good.  :)

I'm not sure how many would be that interested based on the fact its a bit niche and I think a greater audience could be found for a bike road race circuit, but this survey might prove otherwise for reasons similar to mine:
  I would probably back it in the eternal hope it drives sales and development of course. Which would need to happen in conjunction because the bikes cant really be ridden properly at Nords with its nasty banking, bumps and inclines, currently.

But to invest more there has to be some indication of a plan to finish the game for me to be honest.
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

KG_03

as we speak about any quality content made by you I am for it.
The question is how much money is needed and if the money from crowdfunding will cover it?

Grooveski

The part of me that's been obsessed with nordy since the mod came out says "Yeah - bring it on".  ;D

...but any time it's been up as a server I've had a lonely time on it.  The only other folk who've joined have just watched for a lap or two then left.

Looking at this I'd rank the one we have 2nd, with the iRacing one having the edge for it's skinning.
...but there's so little in it model-wise it's hard to imagine much difference in gameplay.
https://www.gtplanet.net/four-laser-scanned-nurburgring-nordschleife-replicas-on-test.

On the fence with this one.  :-\

lluisete

I don't think it will be worth it... It's not a funny track for motorbikes and its too bumpy and bumps are the enemy of gpbikes... Maybe we can consider to make a crowfunding for other project that will benefit more the game.
Champion of Summer Cup 2012 and SRC125cc.<br />Subchampion of SRC500cc.<br />Admin of @gpbikes_fans<br />Personal instagram @lluiscabedo

PiBoSo

Quote from: Napalm Nick on November 19, 2018, 03:57:57 PM

But to invest more there has to be some indication of a plan to finish the game for me to be honest.

Could it be part of a bigger campaign for contents for the "final" version of GP Bikes?
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

Tosteetos

I love this track specially on motorcycles and would be all up for supporting any crowd funding project related to GPB.  But GPB has a big problem with bumps, on and off camber turns and elevation changes. To me it would not be a fun track on GPB. It's been very enjoyable on other games.

Laser scanned tracks are beautiful and this in particular is an icon for true enthusiasts. But most people are now using non scanned tracks in an effort to avoid the bumps.

I think we would be better off investing that money in continuing development, maybe fixing all the quirks that put off new users? I would be up for supporting a crowd funding effort into having you develop strictly GPB for a few months :)

Napalm Nick

Quote from: PiBoSo on November 19, 2018, 08:37:33 PM
Quote from: Napalm Nick on November 19, 2018, 03:57:57 PM

Could it be part of a bigger campaign for contents for the "final" version of GP Bikes?

Yes sure, all great content will enhance the product no end  :), but I am just worried it is another distraction / more stress / that will push V1s 'finality' over the distant horizon. And I cant see that current horizon as it is!  :(
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Furious

I think that crowdfunding is a good option, however I would disagree that Green Hell is the best track to add to the game. Its good marketing, big and well known track, but I fell this one is like a gadget more than a playfull content. Would rather get 2 real racing circuits (but I guess work wise Nord is worth aat least 5) than this.

In the subject of funding, I would join no mater what is your decision.

BUT again, I think that 5 tracks and at least 2 (4 at best) bikes in each category would be enough for official content and would help the game a lot more.

And one last word. In my opinion there are more ways for "funding" the game. My guess is that there are people that would happily offer their time and skill as support. I know I would (and actually did). It's all up to you.

Reactive

November 19, 2018, 11:08:06 PM #9 Last Edit: November 19, 2018, 11:25:18 PM by Reactive
  I supporting the crowdfunding, but absolutly NO for any laser scanned tracks. Dont you have the others problems to resolve? Its better to hire more programmers to help you, as in my opinion. Nothing personal, im just trying to think logical.
  What exactly we trying to reach? What will be in final version and already done for now, which aspects needs to be reworked, to be added? Write it to yourself on the paper, post it on the forum — we all will know the final destination and we all will have the direction to move on. This will help to stop your mood swings, i hope  :D
   How about a little game on the forum?  You asking for some sort of  content/ someone posting the content made from scratch (and everybody saying "Yes, its quality work, its worthily to ask something for it") — you adding one new feature or fixing the issue? Both sides have a stimulus, hm? ("fix the multiplayer" is not correct, "fix the network synchronization for players with ping less than 150ms and network speed more than 10mb/sec" is correct)
  Or how about a local crowdfundings for big features? You want a ragdoll phisycs? ok, 100$. And some page with progress bars — how much money any feature did collected. I think we all understanding that we are all together in this boat and we understanding that continuing of the developmend need more money. And we dont have another planet with another rules for those who disagree :)
Just some of my thoughts, you can ignore it  :-X
Excuse my English, its not my native.
Ryzen7 1800x / Aorus GA-AX370 Gaming K7 / Hynix 16Gb x2 2993MHz / Samsung 960PRO 512 M.2 / nVidia GTX1060 6Gb / Windows 10 pro x64

Phathry25

Same as most of the comments I'm reading.  Fine with some crowdfunding, but not for Nordschleife.  Programming, graphics engine updates, more bikes, hell, even decent modern tracks. Just not a relic.

connorhall70

Current state of physics, stupid idea cos half the track wouldn't work and replays would look severely retarded.
GanjaGod

-aGy-

i dont think nurb is to way to go..isint there any other road tracks?everybody knows nurb and have played it many driving games so boring. i think piboso have more bigger problem with the game engine and the games he have producted.crowdfunding is not acceptable or maybe if piboso can make bigger improvements like 2 months not years.

Kayo

Hi. New here. I know a way that Gp Bikes could get that extra push. How do I get in touch with the developers?

BOBR6 84

Nurb would be great as official content. Would look cool in the piboso style graphics too.

Id be more concerned how the bikes handle the track though because the physics still dont cope with any hills.  :-\