• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:56:58 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Crowdfunding 2...

Started by PiBoSo, November 19, 2018, 02:31:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you think of a crowd funding campaign to add a laser scanned Nordschleife officially to GP Bikes?

Shut up and take my money!
17 (63%)
Meh... A mod is already available.
10 (37%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Grooveski

November 20, 2018, 11:17:09 AM #15 Last Edit: November 20, 2018, 12:38:32 PM by Grooveski
Y'all do realise that NORD_LS in the track database is a laser-scanned Nordschleife?
Folk that are doubting it'll work could just have a spin and see for themselves.   :)

Soften your suspension, ca' canny over the couple of nearly-jumps and brake early enough for the nasty hairpin and the track seems perfectly fine to me.  It's not too bumpy, too long or any of the other horror stories I'm reading here.   :o

Best track in the game in my opinion.  ;D

Quote from: BOBR6 84 on November 20, 2018, 10:27:48 AM
Id be more concerned how the bikes handle the track though because the physics still dont cope with any hills.  :-\

It's been getting better over the last couple of Betas though I reckon.

The worst corner for crabbing is the right hander at the end of the walled section(just a few corners after the hellish mid-course hairpin).
It started working ok in B13 and I think got a little better in B14 as well.

The Karussell got better in B14 too.  B12 it was best avoided, B13 it was usable but you have to take it easy as it can lowside you or tankslap you off.  In B14 I used the banked section every lap and don't think I lost it once there.
Some bikes handle it better than others.

Of course the nose-heavy B14 problem causes all sorts of grief at various other places(like nearly everywhere else ::) ), but although I gave up on it and went back to 13 I did notice improvements in the uphill/downhill/cambered bits.

connorhall70

Development of this game is a joke. CTD still happens pretty much every time i open the game, i have to try multiple times to get the garage to work to make some changes such as turning tcs off, changing tyres, etc. the game is broken for many people and the developer is thinking more about adding a new track than actually fixing the game so people will be able to play the new track!
Absolute fucking joke.
GanjaGod

PiBoSo

Quote from: connorhall70 on November 20, 2018, 02:05:00 PM
Development of this game is a joke. CTD still happens pretty much every time i open the game, i have to try multiple times to get the garage to work to make some changes such as turning tcs off, changing tyres, etc. the game is broken for many people and the developer is thinking more about adding a new track than actually fixing the game so people will be able to play the new track!
Absolute fucking joke.

Why are you still on the forum?
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

-aGy-

Absolute fucking joke.

what?never happened to me. piboso by the way i love the game

lluisete

November 20, 2018, 02:43:02 PM #19 Last Edit: November 20, 2018, 02:58:23 PM by lluisete
Absolute fucking joke.

Don't worry u will enjoy the game of your friends soon, meanwhile post constructive advices. ;) ;)
Champion of Summer Cup 2012 and SRC125cc.<br />Subchampion of SRC500cc.<br />Admin of @gpbikes_fans<br />Personal instagram @lluiscabedo

KG_03

After reading some posts I think I agree with some people saying that it would be nicer to see more content like more bikes and smaller quality tracks. No doubt the game needs more work on existing aspects. So I would rather prefer to pay money for speeding up development of next game version rather than getting new track and wait longer for fixes or new content.

Hawk

Quote from: Reactive on November 19, 2018, 11:08:06 PM
  I supporting the crowdfunding, but absolutly NO for any laser scanned tracks. Dont you have the others problems to resolve? Its better to hire more programmers to help you, as in my opinion. Nothing personal, im just trying to think logical.
  What exactly we trying to reach? What will be in final version and already done for now, which aspects needs to be reworked, to be added? Write it to yourself on the paper, post it on the forum — we all will know the final destination and we all will have the direction to move on. This will help to stop your mood swings, i hope  :D
   How about a little game on the forum?  You asking for some sort of  content/ someone posting the content made from scratch (and everybody saying "Yes, its quality work, its worthily to ask something for it") — you adding one new feature or fixing the issue? Both sides have a stimulus, hm? ("fix the multiplayer" is not correct, "fix the network synchronization for players with ping less than 150ms and network speed more than 10mb/sec" is correct)
  Or how about a local crowdfundings for big features? You want a ragdoll phisycs? ok, 100$. And some page with progress bars — how much money any feature did collected. I think we all understanding that we are all together in this boat and we understanding that continuing of the developmend need more money. And we dont have another planet with another rules for those who disagree :)
Just some of my thoughts, you can ignore it  :-X

I have to agree on most of what Reactive is saying here Piboso, among other work that could be worked on rather than track or bike content.... We have plenty of tracks/bikes to choose from already....... In my opinion it would be better for you to work on current physics, networking and mod-tool issues as well as visuals/lighting(upgrade to directX 11?) for instance? Other features/additions should come after those things have been properly fixed and finalised, in my opinion.  :)

lluisete

November 20, 2018, 03:11:54 PM #22 Last Edit: November 20, 2018, 03:16:02 PM by lluisete
I think that the point is:

1)Determinate what we need to get a perfect final game.

2) What things PiBoSo can do fast and nice because it's what you dominate in terms in knowledge.

3) How much can cost externalizating a person/persons (maybe freelancers) that make the other secondary things that make u lose too much time = slow updates.

To be honest, I think that the persons who are still playing this game is because we love it and are really enthusiasts of motorbikes and sim world, so u can't be afraid about the amount of money because im totally sure that we will get it.

Don't be sad PiBoSo, you still have the support of the community.
Champion of Summer Cup 2012 and SRC125cc.<br />Subchampion of SRC500cc.<br />Admin of @gpbikes_fans<br />Personal instagram @lluiscabedo

Tom HWK

November 20, 2018, 05:08:58 PM #23 Last Edit: November 20, 2018, 05:10:47 PM by Tom HWK
I'd rather have a couple more bikes and better bikes, also a couple more tracks as well as an Ulster GP like road track.
Considering MX-Bikes has 5 bikes and 12 tracks?, KRP has 6 karts and 7 tracks? and GP-Bikes just looks bare with 3 bikes and 1 track.
It doesn't look very appealing to people buying the game, £25 for that? I know it is a platform but people want something in the base game.

Also Nordschleife isn't really a track for fun close racing...

matty0l215

I would be up for crowdfunded if it was for 2 or maybe 3 smaller tracks. Nord doesn't appeal to me and we currently have a very nice version.

A proper and official version of Assen would be amazing for example :)
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

Tosteetos

Get some help, make them stakeholders, no need for initial investment and huge upside for you and for them, win-win, and we finally see this project getting the attention it needs.

HornetMaX

I'll spare useless bytes: crowdfunding yes, for tracks no (and for "exotic" tracks like Nord or IOM even less). Just my opinion.

uberslug

Sort of off topic, but, why do sim creators have their own versions of tracks? Why don't owners protect the intellectual property that is their track? [I realize I am new to this but it seems kind of ridiculous that each developer has their own version of a particular track when it exists in macadam, concrete, and steel as a single, known, entity] One would think it would be in the best interests of all parties involved [track owners, racing organizations, participants, sim developers, simmers, and fans] if all tracks were identical across all simulators and were available for a nominal licensing fee. In reality, three dimensional data is three dimensional data, the application used to replicate the data is kind of immaterial. One of the more serious problems I see in the simulator world is Joe Schmoe's version of the Ring has slippery curb paint and no bumps while Jane Schmoe's has realistic curb paint and bumps galore, this is a problem because there is no room for interpretation of a track, it just is. If sim developers truly want their products to be taken seriously, then, just as in the real world, there should only be one iteration of a track, not countless numbers of interpretations. The same should go for the bikes, cars, etc.

Grooveski

November 21, 2018, 04:05:30 PM #28 Last Edit: November 21, 2018, 04:55:29 PM by Grooveski
It could be that they are using the same model in some games.

Kinda hard to tell because by rights one laser-scanned model should be pretty much identical to another.  :)  You'd really have to see the mesh.
...and even if the meshes were different - they may be built from a common pointcloud.

Looking at that comparison video the differences are the skinning and the games running different DOF settings.
...and the trees/fences/clutter, which everyone has their own idea on how to do best.  Usually that kind of stuff is pretty standard across all the tracks in a game(sometimes to the point of sacrificing realism).

P.S - I don't play car games so the version we're running in GPB is the only one I know.  Never having ridden nordy in real life I've no idea how realistic the kerbs are.
...but what you're saying about kerbs sounds much the same as folk were talking about on the Donny thread.  Could be the differenes come about through either personal preference or limitaions in a games tyre model capability.

PiBoSo

I hear ya.

It was just an idea. I was skeptical myself.
It's better to focus the energies on GP tracks, that would much better fit the project philosophy.

Maybe it will be possible to revive the Nordschleife dream in the future.
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".