• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:33:14 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Wheelies

Started by klas, November 27, 2018, 09:32:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

klas

In an attempt to squid during the winter season i picked this game up, it's alot of fun but i noticed that you enter crash mode like immediately after beginning a wheelie. is this intended?

grimm

Hi! Resident king of wheelies here, a few beta's ago it was possible to get a little tail scrape before the rider comes off the bike... something changed and now it takes far less angle to come off the bike. Maybe Piboso could tell us what changed and if it'll ever go back to where it was?

I've been playing MX Bikes since the update broke wheelies on GP Bikes. Long rear brake coasters and 12 o'clock tail scrapes are still possible on MX Bikes.

I can't remember what beta this was that I filmed this, but it was the last time the biggest the angle ever got with wheelies. If we could have this back it would bring me back to GP Bikes a bit more often. Manu's CBR600RR was a real pleasure to wheelie as well, but I still found the fall off point to be a little sooner than the video filmed here.

http://www.youtube.com/v/Reb11I0IZnM

klas

Quote from: grimm on November 27, 2018, 03:58:31 PM
Hi! Resident king of wheelies here, a few beta's ago it was possible to get a little tail scrape before the rider comes off the bike... something changed and now it takes far less angle to come off the bike. Maybe Piboso could tell us what changed and if it'll ever go back to where it was?

I've been playing MX Bikes since the update broke wheelies on GP Bikes. Long rear brake coasters and 12 o'clock tail scrapes are still possible on MX Bikes.

I can't remember what beta this was that I filmed this, but it was the last time the biggest the angle ever got with wheelies. If we could have this back it would bring me back to GP Bikes a bit more often. Manu's CBR600RR was a real pleasure to wheelie as well, but I still found the fall off point to be a little sooner than the video filmed here.

http://www.youtube.com/v/Reb11I0IZnM

in your video it was really doable, it still works in mx bikes as you said but its kinda more fun to play with sportbikes. so please piboso give us some info regarding why it broke :)

Tosteetos

I always wonder why does my rider come off way before time.  The rider should come off only when the tail of the bike touches the floor, not before.

grimm

In the daily dev thread, it seems our request was answered with a reworked wheelie angle. Big thank you to Piboso for that as I'm not that good at putting together laps, but I love (alot) wheelies in real life, and on GP Bikes (and MXB too!). Getting back to putting in long rear brake coasters with the latest physics will be a huge push to get another video put together since powerslides are possible now too.

Again, big thanks to Piboso for listening to the community, even if it is 0.01% of us that actually are addicted to the stunt riding portion of the motorcycle lifestyle, allowing your simulator to be used for training purposes (DD's design and a few parts I used for a controller setup works fantastic for developing muscle memory, my last riding reason was epic due to the combination) and just for fun too, is what has me coming back to it above all else (even car sims).

Tube91

should be a good thing too. When i did a mistake on my lap i know my chrono is totally fucked and i really enjoy to try to the longest whelling ever... but can't lol.