• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:31:56 AM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

New official track

Started by PiBoSo, December 03, 2018, 04:46:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which official track would you prefer ( you can choose two! )?

Donington Park
Laguna Seca
Jerez
Mugello
Assen ( pre-2006 )
Spa
Other ( please write which one )

JamoZ

Quote from: PiBoSo on December 03, 2018, 10:14:12 PM
Quote from: matty0l215 on December 03, 2018, 10:08:31 PM
Donnington gets my vote but A proper and current version of Assen would be a better choice in my opinion

To be honest, I strongly dislike the post-2005 Assen.
In my opinion they destroyed what made the circuit special, to shorten and "normalize" the layout. All purely for monetary reasons  >:(

For the first time in 10 years i actually agree with something you say. Who would`ve known....

Napalm Nick

Quote from: PiBoSo on December 03, 2018, 10:35:37 PM
Quote from: Napalm Nick on December 03, 2018, 10:22:55 PM
SPA, the greatest/historical/exciting original track before the advent of the blandosphere tracks.

Old bus stop or new chicane?

Both options of course  ;)

Personally the bus stop keeps a flow going but I wouldn't want to alienate the youngsters and to be honest I like them both equally as far as racing opportunities go.

HOVIS! , as they say, - Best of Both.    (English advert)
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Reactive

December 03, 2018, 11:09:09 PM #17 Last Edit: December 04, 2018, 11:12:54 AM by Reactive
Quote from: PiBoSo on December 03, 2018, 09:36:22 PM
Ledenon:
Amazing circuit, but it has two problems:
1) it's very short and twisty, not very well suited for GP bikes
2) it never hosted a GP race
So and what? What is the point to make ONE track from whole GP calendar? What is the point for your modeller to create again the track wich was already modeled tens times before?
Ledenon, just as an example on another hand, being very twisty can be very helpful to train the riders and (the main thing) will help to you to fix the bike`s behaviour on the inclined (sloped?) turns. Ok, i totally agree that its not suited for GP-bikes.
So, how about a third way? Easy recognisable by name, very unique, fast racing tracks, which yet not created in 3d? Everybody will have their own interest with them, i guess :)
www.sportvideos.tv/michael-schumacher-onboard-footage-of-formula-1-dream-circuit
www.reddit.com/r/formula1/comments/7wh35r/coulthards_dream_track
http://f1i.com/news/84341-toro-rosso-unveils-fans-dream-circuit.html
www.reddit.com/r/wec/comments/3eywnt/gdrives_wec_dream_track
and so forth...
Excuse my English, its not my native.
Ryzen7 1800x / Aorus GA-AX370 Gaming K7 / Hynix 16Gb x2 2993MHz / Samsung 960PRO 512 M.2 / nVidia GTX1060 6Gb / Windows 10 pro x64

Napalm Nick

"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Phathry25

Fantasy tracks don't sell games.  Especially those billed as hardcore simulations.

DidietXFuera

GP-Bikes INDONESIA
Like GP-Bikes Indonesia Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/gpbindo/

Reactive

December 04, 2018, 06:03:42 AM #21 Last Edit: December 04, 2018, 11:13:43 AM by Reactive
Quote from: Phathry25 on December 04, 2018, 01:46:12 AM
Fantasy tracks don't sell games.  Especially those billed as hardcore simulations.
So for you the dream track by one of the legendary racing champions is the same as fantasy track by your young neighbour? "Fantasy tracks dont sell games", ok, but couple of tracks which was tens times modeled before — do? Fantasy tracks, huh... Im sure the creators of TestDrive Unlimited or Crew games criyng, hearing this. (RidgeRacer, TrackMania, first NFSs, CarX and Furidashi didnt listed, ok)
:P
Excuse my English, its not my native.
Ryzen7 1800x / Aorus GA-AX370 Gaming K7 / Hynix 16Gb x2 2993MHz / Samsung 960PRO 512 M.2 / nVidia GTX1060 6Gb / Windows 10 pro x64

Stout Johnson

December 04, 2018, 06:32:16 AM #22 Last Edit: December 04, 2018, 06:37:54 AM by Stout Johnson
Quote from: PiBoSo on December 03, 2018, 10:14:12 PM
Quote from: matty0l215 on December 03, 2018, 10:08:31 PM
Donnington gets my vote but A proper and current version of Assen would be a better choice in my opinion

To be honest, I strongly dislike the post-2005 Assen.
In my opinion they destroyed what made the circuit special, to shorten and "normalize" the layout. All purely for monetary reasons  >:(
Does that mean current Assen is a no-option? Like I said in a different thread, in my personal opinion, you should not rule out certain options just because of your personal opinion. Let the community decide. If they also majoritarianly dislike new layout, then discard the option. If not then consider it. I personally like the shortened Assen layout very much.

As for tracks in general: I am a bit torn between classic courses like Mugello, Jerez which would be a great fit, but have already quite good mod versions. So the surplus of having the track as an official track would be moderate. Then there are courses like Assen, Misano, Valencia that have not a very good mod version.

My vote would be for Assen (short version or both?), Valencia, Donington or Sepang. Assen, Donington and Sepang would also be great tracks for WRS, Valencia probably not so much because it would be hard to overtake there.
    -----------   WarStout Kawasaki Team   -----------

poumpouny

You guy seems to forget that the main reason for official track is now to make sales, we already have almost what we want with mod track so i think Mugello and Laguna Seca will be the most appropriate to be as the "Official" track for GPB ........ surelly not fantasy track .........

SwarleyRuiz

December 04, 2018, 07:15:38 AM #24 Last Edit: December 04, 2018, 07:18:48 AM by SwarleyRuiz
Misano: version Javiliyors 10/10
Donington: version Javiliyors 10/10
Laguna:
Jerez: version Javiliyors 10/10
Mugello:

The circuits of Misano, Donington and Jerez are to work for nothing, the Spaniards will make you a bigger void than there is in the visible universe, to play online. I vote for laguna seca or mugello.
I use the google translator

Youtube: SwarleyRuiz Video of Games Racing.

KeNNy

Quote from: PiBoSo on December 03, 2018, 10:35:37 PM
Quote from: Napalm Nick on December 03, 2018, 10:22:55 PM
SPA, the greatest/historical/exciting original track before the advent of the blandosphere tracks.

Old bus stop or new chicane?

The both. ;D
Agree with Napalm Nick, and you could easily include it with WRS.

doubledragoncc

I agree with SPA too good has it all track

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

matty0l215

Quote from: SwarleyRuiz on December 04, 2018, 07:15:38 AM
Misano: version Javiliyors 10/10
Donington: version Javiliyors 10/10
Laguna:
Jerez: version Javiliyors 10/10
Mugello:

The circuits of Misano, Donington and Jerez are to work for nothing, the Spaniards will make you a bigger void than there is in the visible universe, to play online. I vote for laguna seca or mugello.

They are all Rips from other games along with 90% of the content we currently have.
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

MultiCOOLFRESH

For me, Mugello is the one, along with Assen, because imo both tracks are the best tracks in the world  :D

MCF
Heeeeeey Hoooooo <br /><br />

PiBoSo

Misano out!
Assen and Spa in!
Votes reset!
Please vote again!
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".