• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

New official track

Started by PiBoSo, December 03, 2018, 04:46:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which official track would you prefer ( you can choose two! )?

Donington Park
Laguna Seca
Jerez
Mugello
Assen ( pre-2006 )
Spa
Other ( please write which one )

PiBoSo

Quote from: SwarleyRuiz on December 04, 2018, 07:15:38 AM
Misano: version Javiliyors 10/10

Is it really 10/10?
Judging from videos, the track surface, trackside objects and textures do look good, but it doesn't seem to use any shader or 3D grass. Also, the normals seem incorrect in many places and transparencies don't seem to be handled properly.
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

Hawk

December 04, 2018, 11:33:19 AM #31 Last Edit: December 04, 2018, 11:39:39 AM by Hawk
I personally think there are other more important issues that need to be worked on in GP-Bikes, but as you will go ahead and do this anyway, I vote for:

Assen Pre-2006;)

Why?: Cause they ruined the original Assen track layout with the current new Assen track layout like they have with so many other classic track layouts in my opinion, and it would be great to have a very good GPBikes version of this classic Assen-TT circuit available.... It's a fast and exciting track to ride - all the riders and fans loved it!  ;D 8)

Reactive

December 04, 2018, 11:50:16 AM #32 Last Edit: December 04, 2018, 11:53:12 AM by Reactive
Quote from: poumpouny on December 04, 2018, 07:06:35 AM
You guy seems to forget that the main reason for official track is now to make sales, we already have almost what we want with mod track so i think Mugello and Laguna Seca will be the most appropriate to be as the "Official" track for GPB ........ surelly not fantasy track .........
Oh, really? I always thought the Unique Selling Proposition sales anything (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unique_selling_proposition). Which real circuit will be this "proposition"? Are you sure its important for players here to have official Mugello or LagunaSeca? Instead of Misano, why? Keep in mind, that current vote is for players, who already plays GPB. So they choosed GPB not because of tracks, obviously.
How many of you didnt played the Ride 1-2-3 because it didnt had your favourite track?
Anyway, next track will not be really official too, so what is the difference between developer`s non official and community`s non official versions?
And how do you think, which advert sounds better: "we have a few circuits, which looks similar to real" or "we recreated the dream of one of the legendary racing champions"?
If Piboso actually wants more quality content, so may be its better concentrate to write a complex check list for modders? About pixel density, normals and smoothing groups, welded vertices, packaging the UVs, avoiding Z-fighting and so like?
Excuse my English, its not my native.
Ryzen7 1800x / Aorus GA-AX370 Gaming K7 / Hynix 16Gb x2 2993MHz / Samsung 960PRO 512 M.2 / nVidia GTX1060 6Gb / Windows 10 pro x64

Stout Johnson

Given the choices in the poll  ::), I vote for other:

-Assen POST-2006
    -----------   WarStout Kawasaki Team   -----------

PiBoSo

Quote from: Stout Johnson on December 04, 2018, 12:18:25 PM
Given the choices in the poll  ::), I vote for other:

-Assen POST-2006

No second-choice?

Stout Johnson

-----------   WarStout Kawasaki Team   -----------

Napalm Nick

I worry for old versions. How much of the community or indeed the future target audience remember them or even care for them?

It's like the bikes, only 'bikers' who appreciate all motorcycles old and new are interested in the classic stuff.

My feeling is most people are the modern motogp audience not really bikers tbh. 

At least your track setup allows alternate versions so why not broaden the audience interest in making all the versions as alternate options. More work of course but a much wider audience and definitely more gain than pain?

Some are pretty much unrecognisabl now of course
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Davide74

Old Assen 2001 backward. Or some road race as commented -aGy-

javiliyors

Quote from: PiBoSo on December 04, 2018, 11:31:25 AM

Is it really 10/10?
Judging from videos, the track surface, trackside objects and textures do look good, but it doesn't seem to use any shader or 3D grass. Also, the normals seem incorrect in many places and transparencies don't seem to be handled properly.

Well, my version is a so good.... obviously not is perfect but is really nice, and my jerez and donington is a really awesome, i prefer old assen or laguna, and if u can, Jarama os a old track of 500cc is a good idea

poumpouny

The main difference of official and mod track is that official track is installed directly with gpbikes, so one didn't need to scrool for forum, download stuff, learn how to install mod before beeing able to ride in such a classic moto gp track as Mugello and trust me, this thing is really important to new player for "first impression" off course if one buy a moto gp simulator, he will ask first for the official moto gp track/bike first ........ i think it's that simple ........

SwarleyRuiz

Quote from: javiliyors on December 04, 2018, 01:28:54 PM

Is it really 10/10?

Well, my version is a so good.... obviously not is perfect but is really nice, and my jerez and donington is a really awesome, i prefer old assen or laguna, and if u can, Jarama os a old track of 500cc is a good idea
I think the same
I use the google translator

Youtube: SwarleyRuiz Video of Games Racing.

PiBoSo

Quote from: Napalm Nick on December 04, 2018, 01:02:34 PM
I worry for old versions. How much of the community or indeed the future target audience remember them or even care for them?

There are two problems:
1) the development team is tiny, so it's not possible to replicate the latest season
2) even if the latest season is replicated, it would quickly become obsolete, because there is no yearly version of GPB

It's like the bikes, only 'bikers' who appreciate all motorcycles old and new are interested in the classic stuff.

My feeling is most people are the modern motogp audience not really bikers tbh. 

They should stick to the official MotoGP games then  :)

Gzehoo

I voted for Mugello and Jerez.
However, I wanted to propose Motorland Aragon :-X

PiBoSo

Quote from: javiliyors on December 04, 2018, 01:28:54 PM

Is it really 10/10?

I didn't mean to degrade your work on Misano.
Only pointing out that there is room for improvement.

I agree that making another Jerez and Donington ( that would be the third! ) version is probably not a good idea.

Jarama is an amazing circuit! Too bad it hasn't been used in a world championship race in decades  :(

Gibbon

December 04, 2018, 04:00:56 PM #44 Last Edit: December 04, 2018, 04:11:18 PM by Gibbon
Mugello:

• GP track since 1994
  • The layout never changed (as far as i know)
  • Time references for MotoGP, Moto2, Moto3, 250, 125, 500, SBK (CIV)

Jerez:

• GP track since 1987
  • The layout never changed (?)
  • Time references for MotoGP, Moto2, Moto3, 250, 125, 500, SBK

I remember having an "official" Laguna Seca a long time ago in GPB. What happened to this track?