• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:09:41 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

New official track

Started by PiBoSo, December 03, 2018, 04:46:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which official track would you prefer ( you can choose two! )?

Donington Park
Laguna Seca
Jerez
Mugello
Assen ( pre-2006 )
Spa
Other ( please write which one )

h106frp

With the current physics Cadwell does not Workwell   ;)

Myst1cPrun3

Also, is there going to be support for hill climbs or point to points in the near future, as I think it'd be cool to be able to do something like the Course de Côte Villers sous Chalamont in france or Pikes Peak in Colorado.

Myst1cPrun3

Quote from: h106frp on December 05, 2018, 04:04:24 PM
With the current physics Cadwell does not Workwell   ;)

probably not, but it'd be a great baseline test to work on suspension and tyre moddeling/physics  :)

h106frp

Converted a few different tracks for testing with CAWS that proved unrideable (in an enjoyable or useful way) at the moment.
Basically fast changes of direction, hard braking, crests and inclines are all a bit of a disaster at the moment so nicely flowing circuits are probably the best bet, probably why the more 'classic' tracks are proving poular choices.

Myst1cPrun3

Quote from: h106frp on December 05, 2018, 04:49:49 PM
Converted a few different tracks for testing with CAWS that proved unrideable (in an enjoyable or useful way) at the moment.
Basically fast changes of direction, hard braking, crests and inclines are all a bit of a disaster at the moment so nicely flowing circuits are probably the best bet, probably why the more 'classic' tracks are proving poular choices.

In hindsight, this is perhaps best left to Modders, as if official content seems buggy it can be a little un-proffessional and off-putting. But at the same time modders tend to shy away from these tracks as they don't work well. So its seems a cycle, and someone breaking that cycle to push the physics into a really buggy mess may be whats needed to give a little boost to GPB, and if it is official content then it would require attention from Piboso him/herself, (<-do we actually know at this point), thus again boosting development of GPB

In regards to the smooth and flowing tracks I'd personally like to see Thruxton if Cadwell isn't an option, as that's pretty much flat and extremely flowing, but has good racing too.

PS: Before I offend anyone its my opinion and yours may vary  ;D

Hawk

Quote from: Myst1cPrun3 on December 05, 2018, 06:06:04 PM

In hindsight, this is perhaps best left to Modders, as if official content seems buggy it can be a little un-proffessional and off-putting. But at the same time modders tend to shy away from these tracks as they don't work well. So its seems a cycle, and someone breaking that cycle to push the physics into a really buggy mess may be whats needed to give a little boost to GPB, and if it is official content then it would require attention from Piboso him/herself, (<-do we actually know at this point), thus again boosting development of GPB

In regards to the smooth and flowing tracks I'd personally like to see Thruxton if Cadwell isn't an option, as that's pretty much flat and extremely flowing, but has good racing too.

Firstly. Modders have never shy'd away from creating anything as far as I am aware.  ;)

The modders have done exactly what you've suggested and a lot more over the years - have you looked inside the track and bike databases at all the tracks, bikes, helmets and paints provided by community modders? Believe me, many past and current bugs have been found because of the modders work and community together over the years..... Some bugs are still awaiting a fix and Piboso has said they are currently under investigation. ;)

Hope I've not misunderstood your point of view and also hope these facts have updated your "opinion" to the current status..... No offence taken.  ;) 8)

Myst1cPrun3

December 05, 2018, 08:24:47 PM #66 Last Edit: December 05, 2018, 08:27:59 PM by Myst1cPrun3
Quote from: Hawk on December 05, 2018, 08:08:56 PM

Firstly. Modders have never shy'd away from creating anything as far as I am aware.  ;)

The modders have done exactly what you've suggested and a lot more over the years - have you looked inside the track and bike databases at all the tracks, bikes, helmets and paints provided by community modders? Believe me, many past and current bugs have been found because of the modders work and community together over the years..... Some bugs are still awaiting a fix and Piboso has said they are currently under investigation. ;)

Hope I've not misunderstood your point of view and also hope these facts have updated your "opinion" to the current status..... No offence taken.  ;) 8)

No you're right in terms of whats available (Didn't intend to belittle modders if thats what it looked like sorry), and there are mods out there for pretty much anything. My theory is that if its official content any issues would be flagged and (hopefully) fixed quickly, as official content being buggy isn't ideal in 2018.

As for cadwell, the only version I can find is quite an old version, which is out of date and has a tonne of bugs in it, so an official version would have hopefully ironed those out. If you know of a newer version a link would be much appreciated.

Thruxton isn't in the game at all to my knowledge and would be a great track to ride in GPB imo, which is why either that or Cadwell, or another smaller track would be great, but again IDK if this would be better for modders to embark on, as small tracks that aren't international don't have the same appeal to the larger audience than the big GP tracks. I have had several goes myself at making a track, but quite frankly I couldn't achieve the quality I was looking for, in RTB, BTB, 3DS Max or anything else really.

Hawk

Quote from: Myst1cPrun3 on December 05, 2018, 08:24:47 PM
Quote from: Hawk on December 05, 2018, 08:08:56 PM

No you're right in terms of whats available (Didn't intend to belittle modders if thats what it looked like sorry), and there are mods out there for pretty much anything. My theory is that if its official content any issues would be flagged and (hopefully) fixed quickly, as official content being buggy isn't ideal in 2018.

As for cadwell, the only version I can find is quite an old version, which is out of date and has a tonne of bugs in it, so an official version would have hopefully ironed those out. If you know of a newer version a link would be much appreciated.

Thruxton isn't in the game at all to my knowledge and would be a great track to ride in GPB imo, which is why either that or Cadwell, or another smaller track would be great, but again IDK if this would be better for modders to embark on, as small tracks that aren't international don't have the same appeal to the larger audience than the big GP tracks. I have had several goes myself at making a track, but quite frankly I couldn't achieve the quality I was looking for, in RTB, BTB, 3DS Max or anything else really.

Indeed.... I understand what your saying there mate, and I agree that Thruxton would be a great addition to GPBikes; I love the British club tracks myself.  ;D 8)

The only tracks I could recommend to you on that basis would be "Croft"(There are smooth and bumpy versions available, bumpy being the more realistic version denoted by the "b" in the filename), "Castle Comb" and "Goodwood" are also there in the track database for download that I would recommend for British Club racing type circuits in GPB. We had many great event races on these tracks especially on the Moto3 bikes.  ;D

Vini

Mugello and Valencia for me.

Hawk

Mugello guys? What's wrong with the Mugello track we already have? Let's at least vote for a track we haven't got or one that an official track could  greatly improve on?  :)

Just my thoughts and opinion guys.  :) 8)

MultiCOOLFRESH

Quote from: Hawk on December 08, 2018, 03:38:11 PM
Mugello guys? What's wrong with the Mugello track we already have? Let's at least vote for a track we haven't got or one that an official track could  greatly improve on?  :)

Just my thoughts and opinion guys.  :) 8)

What is wrong? Curbs, easy awnser  :D

MCF
Heeeeeey Hoooooo <br /><br />

PiBoSo

Mugello guys? What's wrong with the Mugello track we already have?

It would indeed be interesting to know.

This version looks great: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Riv9e5H7Glw
It would be difficult to improve it.
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

Blackheart

December 08, 2018, 06:51:19 PM #73 Last Edit: December 08, 2018, 06:57:00 PM by Blackheart
Quote from: PiBoSo on December 08, 2018, 05:39:37 PM
Mugello guys? What's wrong with the Mugello track we already have?

It would indeed be interesting to know.

This version looks great: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Riv9e5H7Glw
It would be difficult to improve it.

Victoria is far better. Official (also with a different name) and not" ripped\conversion" in GPB will be just a plus, and imo the best choice to sell some more copies. (I mean on Steam).

P.S. We have any tracks of this poll... ;D

Myst1cPrun3

December 08, 2018, 07:59:22 PM #74 Last Edit: December 08, 2018, 08:08:21 PM by Myst1cPrun3
For me a track that isn't already in the game would be awesome, maybe even a classic track. Mugello is a great mod and for me doesn't need a rework, as it seems to work near perfectly as is. As for the kerbs, with exception to the pit exit, and last corner, I don't see the real world riders using them unless they've messed up. And the pit exit and last corner in GPB are perfectly rideable. Its a similar story for me with Brno. Sure the current GPB version is based off an older version of the track, and some textures are possibly a little blurry here and there, but again its not bad enough to warrant a complete rework imo,  a capable modder, (not me as I'm completely inept lol) wouldn't have much issue adding some HD textures and possible updates. Hell I don't even like Brno its a dull af track IMO, and I've done hundreds of laps, maybe thousands across various Sims and games, GPB inc.

I personally would like to see a track that isn't in GPB at all, as some completely fresh content would give people some cool things to play with, rather than just another version of something that already exists, especially as the content that could possibly be replaced is better and less glitchy than most milestone games ATM XD

If the situation is the same as it is with Victoria then the track won't be licensed anyway, which means that having a big GP circuit may be irrelevant if the name isn't immediately obvious, which to me is another reason for not having Mugello or Brno, as perspective buyers may not even realize what track it is, thus defeating the object of having said track.

Some more obscure circuits for me would be more fun, and possibly more beneficial to GPB (I'm not a businessman so I couldn't honestly give a prediction), something that would have to be learned fresh, and is potentially challenging. I already mentioned Thruxton and some smaller tracks, but alternatively the Salzburgring could be fun to use, and could also be a period track for the GP500, and other classic bikes.

http://www.racingcircuits.info/a-to-z-circuit-list.html

http://www.the-fastlane.co.uk/racingcircuits/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_motor_racing_tracks

These are just a few of the tracks in the world, and I would think there to be a few hidden gems in there, rather than defaulting to the purpose built "Tilke-dromes" that most Grand Prix events use.