• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:42:31 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

New official track

Started by PiBoSo, December 03, 2018, 04:46:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which official track would you prefer ( you can choose two! )?

Donington Park
Laguna Seca
Jerez
Mugello
Assen ( pre-2006 )
Spa
Other ( please write which one )

Hawk

Quote from: Blackheart on December 08, 2018, 06:51:19 PM
Quote from: PiBoSo on December 08, 2018, 05:39:37 PM
Quote from: Hawk on December 08, 2018, 03:38:11 PM
Mugello guys? What's wrong with the Mugello track we already have?

It would indeed be interesting to know.

This version looks great: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Riv9e5H7Glw
It would be difficult to improve it.

Victoria is far better. Official (also with a different name) and not" ripped\conversion" in GPB will be just a plus, and imo the best choice to sell some more copies. (I mean on Steam).

P.S. We have any tracks of this poll... ;D

@Piboso: +1 Totally agree with you.  ;)

@BH - In answer to your statements:
1. Do you seriously believe that just one or two "Official Tracks" is going to convince someone to buy GPBikes? I don't think so, you'd need a whole seasons pack of "Officially" Licensed tracks and bikes to make any impression on that subject.

2. Victoria better? Personally I wouldn't say so.... At best on par maybe at a push?

3. We may have all the tracks in the poll in the database already, but many desperately need renewing up to a good decent standard.

Quote from: MultiCOOLFRESH on December 08, 2018, 05:39:10 PM
Quote from: Hawk on December 08, 2018, 03:38:11 PM
Mugello guys? What's wrong with the Mugello track we already have? Let's at least vote for a track we haven't got or one that an official track could  greatly improve on?  :)

Just my thoughts and opinion guys.  :) 8)

What is wrong? Curbs, easy answer  :D

MCF

Lol! What makes you think that Piboso would model the kerbs on Mugello flat anyway?  Piboso develops simulators not games. ;D

Myst1cPrun3

Totally agree with your points Hawk, having un-licensed replicas of tracks that are licensed elsewhere won't bring people to GPB, which is why I'm suggesting something that isn't seen in another (or many) sims, something different to make it interesting.

PiBoSo

December 08, 2018, 08:33:30 PM #77 Last Edit: December 08, 2018, 08:42:48 PM by PiBoSo
Quote from: Myst1cPrun3 on December 08, 2018, 08:07:21 PM
Totally agree with your points Hawk, having un-licensed replicas of tracks that are licensed elsewhere won't bring people to GPB, which is why I'm suggesting something that isn't seen in another (or many) sims, something different to make it interesting.

GPB must also stay true to its vision and scope, though.

Modders are, of course, free to do whatever they like, but at the core GPB is a simulator about relatively modern GP motorcycles. Therefore, the stock tracks should be circuits that hosted the GP championship in recent years.
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

Hawk

Quote from: PiBoSo on December 08, 2018, 08:33:30 PM

Modders are, of course, free to do whatever they like, but at the core GPB is a simulator about relatively modern GP motorcycles. Therefore, the stock tracks should be real circuits that hosted the GP championship in recent years.

I wouldn't be so sure about that Pib?
If you think about it, the "Classic" genre might just be what GPBikes needs to widen it's appeal? Is there any other bike racing game that caters for the true classic bikes and tracks as well as the modern genre of MotoGP? There could be a little extra niche opening there that GPBikes could appeal to?
Plus as a wild guess I would say that the more "hard-core simulations" appeal more to the older age groups than the younger "gamer" type groups.... the older generation tend to be drawn more to the classic eras as well as the modern?  :)

Myst1cPrun3

Quote from: Hawk on December 08, 2018, 08:44:35 PM
Quote from: PiBoSo on December 08, 2018, 08:33:30 PM

Modders are, of course, free to do whatever they like, but at the core GPB is a simulator about relatively modern GP motorcycles. Therefore, the stock tracks should be real circuits that hosted the GP championship in recent years.

I wouldn't be so sure about that Pib?
If you think about it, the "Classic" genre might just be what GPBikes needs to widen it's appeal? Is there any other bike racing game that caters for the true classic bikes and tracks as well as the modern genre of MotoGP? There could be a little extra niche opening there that GPBikes could appeal to?
Plus as a wild guess I would say that the more "hard-core simulations" appeal more to the older age groups than the younger "gamer" type groups.... the older generation tend to be drawn more to the classic eras as well as the modern?  :)

TBF, I don't know what the initial Idea was behind GPB, or what vision there was for its development path, but it just feels like there have always been games (Of varying Realism) surrounding Grand Prix Racing, and doing something different maybe just whats needed to spice up things in the market. Tourist trophy was a great game back int' day, as that focused more on racing and not GP's, and I get the impression that's one reason as to why that makes the Ride series so popular now, as its something fresh and different.

I mean if your set on going for Grand Prix tracks there are so many again that are not seen in many games/sims that could be fun to ride, like the Salzburgring, or Rijeka (Automotodrom Grobnik), or even the Brazilian track which I seriously enjoyed back in MotoGP 4, it was called Jacarepaguá or nelson Pique Circuit. Sadly it was torn up for the Olympics, but it was an awesomely fun track to ride in that game, that perhaps isn't what is associated with 'fun' motorcycle riding as it maybe isn't as flowing as most. (But then again I did a track day at donnington and thought the Melbourne Loop was the most fun part over the rest of the track so maybe I'm Just weird).

I guess the point I'm trying to make is that there are so many circuits out there that haven't been seen often before, in both GP's, WSBK, or at club level, that could really be fun additions to GPB. GPB is so different from pretty much all bike games out there in the fact that its a sim, and the potential of not licensing tracks means that there could be pretty much any track done to a high quality, so to me it seems a shame to do something that is already out there. Both in and out of the GPB world.

Wimp #97

Current spa would be a great official track since we don't have a good version in this game and It would be something different to ride motorcycles around than all other GP tracks
Wimp #97

Champion Moto2 International Cup 2018

Myst1cPrun3

December 08, 2018, 09:16:50 PM #81 Last Edit: December 08, 2018, 09:42:02 PM by Myst1cPrun3
Spa isn't a bad Idea, and is quite different to modern GP tracks, but I'm possibly a bit biased, as again its a fairly common track in most racing games these days, and one which I've done a load of laps in, and I'm not sure how GPB physics handle Eau Rouge/Radallion either.
If it was put in however, I'd like to see a period version as well as or instead of the modern version, so like late 80's early 90's, lined with catch fences and hay bales, and again could be a great track for the GP500s, which could do with some love as they don't seem too popular these days sadly. (I could see the track also suiting the GP250s as well if its not too long)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cLV0czIQxA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9SJCE7XuFc

Lined with armco and hay bales ^^   :D

EDIT: Based of these videos Old Spa would be very cool, but I'd like to see the in game grip of the wet tyres reduced, certainly across the older GP500 class, and maybe remove the lean limit when your on the brakes, as I seem to do backwards braking, where I'm light on the entry and heavy when I'm leaned toward the Apex, its sort of backwards. And if there is a way to increase wet weather spray that would be cool too.

Hawk

Quote from: Myst1cPrun3 on December 08, 2018, 09:16:50 PM
Spa isn't a bad Idea, and is quite different to modern GP tracks, but I'm possibly a bit biased, as again its a fairly common track in most racing games these days, and one which I've done a load of laps in, and I'm not sure how GPB physics handle Eau Rouge/Radallion either.
If it was put in however, I'd like to see a period version as well as or instead of the modern version, so like late 80's early 90's, lined with catch fences and hay bales, and again could be a great track for the GP500s, which could do with some love as they don't seem too popular these days sadly. (I could see the track also suiting the GP250s as well if its not too long)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cLV0czIQxA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9SJCE7XuFc

Lined with armco and hay bales ^^   :D

EDIT: Based of these videos Old Spa would be very cool, but I'd like to see the in game grip of the wet tyres reduced, certainly across the older GP500 class, and maybe remove the lean limit when your on the brakes, as I seem to do backwards braking, where I'm light on the entry and heavy when I'm leaned toward the Apex, its sort of backwards. And if there is a way to increase wet weather spray that would be cool too.

+1 Totally agree.... well said mate.  ;)

h106frp

After some thought and considering the effort required to build tracks;

Assuming people do not really care where the content comes from as long as it looks and plays well would it not be better to use the effort to improve the engine?

Just my (personal) list of priorities;
Lighting model; its difficult to make tracks look better without better lighting, HDR and dynamic shadows would greatly improve the look with the possibility of time of day lighting.
Fix the outstanding issues with transparency - trees and track overlays.
Fix the 3D grass issues (pop up and floating grass)

Myst1cPrun3

December 08, 2018, 10:03:57 PM #84 Last Edit: December 08, 2018, 10:24:13 PM by Myst1cPrun3
Quote from: h106frp on December 08, 2018, 09:57:04 PM
After some thought and considering the effort required to build tracks;

Assuming people do not really care where the content comes from as long as it looks and plays well would it not be better to use the effort to improve the engine?

Just my (personal) list of priorities;
Lighting model; its difficult to make tracks look better without better lighting, HDR and dynamic shadows would greatly improve the look with the possibility of time of day lighting.
Fix the outstanding issues with transparency - trees and track overlays.
Fix the 3D grass issues (pop up and floating grass)

I agree completely. Especially if its something that's already in the game, (through Mods Admittedly), such as Mugello and Brno. If it was a completely new track that hasn't had a version of it previously modded then for me it would be more justified.

I personally would like to see a day - night cycle, toggle-able headlights, and refueling/tyre changes for some endurance racing, as some real night racing would be awesome, especially for those with the VR privilege, (not me as I'm poor LOL). Time trial rules and hill climb support wouldn't go amiss either, but at the end of the day that all depends on how far Piboso wants to come away from the GP racing side of things, (would be nice for the engine to support this however even if there is no official content for it). Night racing and multiple light sources would be cool for simulating Losail however.

poumpouny

So i totally miss the point of this thread, it seems that everybody is just telling what's his favorite track ! i thought that this thread was created to add "some" official track to the GPB cores, so one who will buy the game (new customers) will be ready to play on 3 official track without being forced to dig into the mod installation/download nightmare ..... and then make a better first impression
to GPbikes, it has nothing to do with wich track is good or not, it is a Marketing thing ......... so What's wrong with the current Mugello track ? then it's a ripped version from Assetto Corsa ..... just that simple......

Hawk

Quote from: poumpouny on December 10, 2018, 08:51:59 AM
So i totally miss the point of this thread, it seems that everybody is just telling what's his favorite track ! i thought that this thread was created to add "some" official track to the GPB cores, so one who will buy the game (new customers) will be ready to play on 3 official track without being forced to dig into the mod installation/download nightmare ..... and then make a better first impression
to GPbikes, it has nothing to do with wich track is good or not, it is a Marketing thing ......... so What's wrong with the current Mugello track ? then it's a ripped version from Assetto Corsa ..... just that simple......

Well I'll say yet again here to people with this opinion: Do you really think that one, two, even three official GPBikes tracks will make any difference to more sales compared to all the mod-tracks available? I personally don't think so. You'd need a whole season of official tracks to make that difference your talking about, and that is a heck of a lot of work.

As for installing mods being a nightmare - I can see your point with the mod-bikes due to the addition of the separate tyre files which newbies tend to get confused about, but the track-mods couldn't be simpler to install? ie: Download a track and drop it into a "tracks" folder created inside the gpbikes folder; nightmare? Do you seriously think so?  ??? :)
When was the last time you saw any posts about anyone having trouble actually installing(not downloading) tracks? I can only think of one in the last few years and that was from a newbie how was completely new to using a PC and didn't know about even the basics of operating a PC.

Myst1cPrun3

December 10, 2018, 09:33:14 AM #87 Last Edit: December 10, 2018, 09:37:11 AM by Myst1cPrun3
Quote from: PiBoSo on December 03, 2018, 04:46:18 PM
Soon, hopefully, work will start on a new official track.

Which one would you prefer?
Please vote ( you can choose two! ) and please write your opinion, too.

Quote from: poumpouny on December 10, 2018, 08:51:59 AM

We were asked which ones we'd like to see in the sim, as for the reasoning nothing was confirmed to my knowledge so its just a debate as to what people would like to see in the game officially. The likelihood the tracks are licensed is slim to none anyway so if Mugello was put in the game it would have to be renamed so a prospective buyer may not look into a purchase anyway, negating the point of something that's already available to a high quality in mods anyway. That's my take on it anyway.

And installing Mods is literally just copying and pasting the right files into the right folders, not what I'd call a nightmare, and most championships post links to the versions they use in their topic. Workshop support on steam launch would be a nice addition saying that, but its nowhere near a nightmare.

poumpouny

My first impression with gpbikes :

I'm a geek, wich love to hack things, i'm doing 3D modeling and compositing as my job, i'm making DIY simracing accessories etc .... that to say you that i'm not really a guy who is afraid of installing mod but :

i've discovered Gpbikes through youtube, just by searching moto gp simulation for PC (cause i played milestone moto GP 14 on Play Station 3). I'vre tryied the demo and i literraly fall in love, then i see that the demo only offer 1 bike and 1 track. So i immediatly buy the full liscence and big was my surprise when i realised that i only had 2 more bike in return of my 29 Bucks. Then i start searching the internet if there is mod for gpbikes etc ... found this forum / found the thread / download thing ..... It takes me aprox 2 to 3 day before i was able to play ..... and the first track i was serching was mugello, i don't know why ......

80% of normal people would just let it down and ask for refund if gpbikes was released on steam .........

Myst1cPrun3

December 10, 2018, 11:45:33 AM #89 Last Edit: December 10, 2018, 12:00:20 PM by Myst1cPrun3
Over 80% of people do research and know what they're buying before splashing out 29€

I know before I bought it I had watched over 10 reviews on GPB, and spent a good few hours on this forum before buying the sim, as I'm a bit of a cautious person when it comes to buying things on the internet, especially from a relatively unknown site.

As a result I knew exactly what I was buying, and what I was getting for my money, and how to improve upon that, and I bought it based upon that. Not a presumption that it'd be full of 20+ tracks and  bikes etc

I don't mean to disregard your experience, but out of all the posts I've read, (and I've read a load more than I've posted)
so far it's only you that seems to have these issues/views
Sure there are improvements and streamlining to be made in terms of modding, but they completely change the game.

TLDR: Do your research before buying something off the internet