• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:27:37 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

EWC ZX10R "eXcentive" - prototype

Started by PonPon3, December 04, 2018, 06:29:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PonPon3

December 04, 2018, 06:29:28 PM Last Edit: December 04, 2018, 06:31:40 PM by PonPon3
Hello all,

As a long-time GP Bikes enthusiast and EWC rider for a French Team, I would like to suggest an interesting modding project to all GPB modders.

Therefore, here's the modding proposal : the Kawasaki ZX10R "eXcentive". It is racing in the Endurance World Championship, in the "experimental" class with myself and my team-mates as riders.

By the way, the bike is a ZX10R 2016-2018 with a bendable quadrilateral front-end. The front-end in made of CNC aluminium with needle bearings for the quadrilateral and it takes place on the bike exactly as the standard fork. The quadrilateral is amortized by a presurized Öhlins monoshock. Front-wheel, bottom clamp and steering column are standard. The upper clamp besides is a prototype item, because it receives the upper shock mount.

Frame, wheels and swigarm are standard. The engine is prepared for endurance behaviour but we can admit that it is in a standard configuration. The bike is equipped with a SPARK titanium exhaust system, ROBBY rinding decks and handlebars, CRC fairings, 2FGB endurance aluminum tank, H2O radiator, BREMBO racing discs calipers and master cylinder, RK transmission parts, ERMAX windshield, GB-RACING engine covers, Kawasaki "kit" ECU and harness, I2M dashboard.

As you can see in the pictures below, the bike is equipped with a prototype carbon front fender, and with 3D printed plastic caliper-coolers.

To developp and set up the bike, the Team is heavily using 3D. So I can provide a lot of 3D files of the bike to help the modding process. As far as I know, almost every part of the bike is already 3D modelized. I can also provide dyno data of the engine, and any information you will need.

Having the bike playable in GP Bikes could be an awesome communication and sharing support for all our sponsors and all the people supporting us. It could really help us to make this bike to be known better. All the team would love to be able to virtually ride the bike and it could even be a good information source for IRL development and setting.

3 years after its birth, the bike handle really great now and has scored strong results in Racing. At this state of the project, the eXcentive is already faster than a Superstock version of the ZX10R.

This year, the Team has been poleman and winner of the experimental class of both Le Mans 24h and Bol d'Or. Next year, we will keep racing with higher ambitions, still in the EWC.

I hope this post will awake some interest, I'm now looking formard to be able to read you guys !

PonPon3

Here's a dynamic photo - Le Mans 24h 2018

PonPon3

Urban Chaos 2.0

ludo05

that would be awesome fellas if someone could do that bike !

matty0l215

I would very much be interested in seeing this in GP Bikes!

Hopefully, Piboso can shed some light on how we implement the front suspension ;) ;D
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

Hawk

Quote from: matty0l215 on December 04, 2018, 07:35:20 PM
I would very much be interested in seeing this in GP Bikes!

Hopefully, Piboso can shed some light on how we implement the front suspension ;) ;D

I'm 55 now..... I'm not sure I'll still be alive to enjoy that moment Matty!  :P ;D ;D ;D

h106frp

matty0l215

We have the ability (i believe)

We just need to know how the frig it works in GPBikes modding :P

h106frp

Pretty sure if you rotated the fsusp pivot you could make it go up and down seperately from the steer axis

PonPon3

Thanks for yor reply Matty.

I can get all the data you'll need in terms of geometry, kinematic, rigidity and suspension work. Just let me know  :)

PonPon3

few more data to help you understand the front end system

matty0l215

Thanks, PonPon3

What I mean is that we have never tried to make suspension like this work in GP Bikes (it should be possible, we just have never tried)

For now a simple model would be nice. Just to see it and try and get it working in game. We can use specific details later.

speedfr

That or the Fior project.

As well as the 2 wheel drive on motocross or enduro machines.

Could be a great idea but for modders, let Piboso work on what he already has on his plan otherwise even Star Citizen will be "Gold" before GP bikes.  :o

Missing Gp500 (Microprose)  Testing EDTracker Pro on YT   R7-3800X/32Go/RX6800/1440p/Full WC

PonPon3

Allright Matty, awesome !
eXcent engineers can provide me the whole front-end 3D model anytime. What type of file do you need ? I mean, which file extension do you need to work with ?
I know they are working with catia, but the project manager told me that they can convert the catia file into what you want. Let me know  ;)