• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:27:33 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Help! Track conversion issues

Started by Myst1cPrun3, December 05, 2018, 10:34:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Myst1cPrun3

https://www.youtube.com/v/Mfbx8NtsrnM

Could I use this tutorial for putting the track and textures into 3DS Max? There shouldn't be any issues with it being a car vs a track should there?

Myst1cPrun3

Turns out thats a good tutorial. See how much further I can get now :/

Myst1cPrun3

probably a stupid question, however How do I get the track from 3ds max into the right formats for trackED and GPB?

h106frp

You need to add the converter plug-in to max- found in 'track tools' plugins folder

Myst1cPrun3

The 'EdfExp dles'? They go into the 3ds max plugin folder?

h106frp

Just the one that matches your system i.e. EdfExp2010x64p.dle for win64bit and max2010.

If installed correctly you get a new file export option in max, EdfExp that will launch an exporter menu;

.map export to make the graphical content
.trp export to generate collision surfaces needed for TrackED

Do not bother to generate shadows until you have got everthing else correct and tested as it adds a lot of time to the export process.

Myst1cPrun3

Well I'm an idiot. After what was about a month of trying and fettling, and re-downloads and re-installs, It turns out there are 2 Autodesk 2010 directories, one in Program Files and one in Program Files x86. AS most of my other programs are in the x86 folder I hardly ever go into the other one, so I didn't realize that's where I needed to put the plugins, not in the x86 version. Idk why there are 2 directories for the same thing, but y'know.
FML

h106frp

x86 is for all the old 32bit windows compatability files