• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

Jump Start penalties

Started by Myst1cPrun3, December 12, 2018, 12:50:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Myst1cPrun3

Proper penalties for jumping the start, such as a ride through would also be a lovely addition, rather than instant DQ, as it kills the immersion and just wouldn't happen IRL. This has to be my biggest gripe.
I can recall the last SRC 600 race at Jerez, I was in N, with the brake pressed, and apparently I jumped the start as I clicked it into first, despite the brake being held and the clutch fully in, and didn't move at all. A ride through would have been reasonably acceptable, rather than a DQ and missing the entire race :/

Hawk

Quote from: Myst1cPrun3 on December 12, 2018, 12:50:40 AM
Proper penalties for jumping the start, such as a ride through would also be a lovely addition, rather than instant DQ, as it kills the immersion and just wouldn't happen IRL. This has to be my biggest gripe.
I can recall the last SRC 600 race at Jerez, I was in N, with the brake pressed, and apparently I jumped the start as I clicked it into first, despite the brake being held and the clutch fully in, and didn't move at all. A ride through would have been reasonably acceptable, rather than a DQ and missing the entire race :/

Yeah, the start system penalty triggers have been a pain for a long time.......
I personally think that it would be best to totally drop the auto-penalty start system from GPBikes...... Event organisers can easily and better judge if an offence was committed and also if it warrants any penalty based on if any advantage was taken by a rider; Though creating a drive through penalty wouldn't be possible if Pib got rid of the start penalties system.

So maybe the answer would be for Piboso to just make sure it all works properly with enough leeway to stop penalties being activated just for putting your bike into gear.  :)

This is just my opinion.  :)

PS: A while ago now, but I used to put my bike into gear before the start sequence started and that seemed to sort the problem out for me.  ;)

Myst1cPrun3

I'll bear that in mind, gear before the start sequence, hopefully a temp fix until it gets sorted properly.

Hawk

Quote from: Myst1cPrun3 on December 12, 2018, 03:31:31 PM
I'll bear that in mind, gear before the start sequence, hopefully a temp fix until it gets sorted properly.

Also best not to wiggle about or move the bike once the start sequence has started...... It used to work for us.  ;)

teeds

And before you put it in gear turn to the right  ;)

Myst1cPrun3

This definately needs to be fixed. Not only is it the most annoying thing in the world, its inconsistent af. Just dq'd me again about 3 times, and then someone else jumps another start and gets a ride thru?! Like come on whats that about. Maybe GPB just doesn't like me... XD