• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:03:04 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Skin Creation - Logo Alignment

Started by Myst1cPrun3, February 24, 2019, 06:25:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Myst1cPrun3

is there a sneaky/quicker way to align logos on paint skins over various parts?
The bike I'm creating a skin for has a long screen, that has a number board plastered over it, and some parts overlap w/the fairing. I was wondering if theres a quicker way to align them, or if its just trial and error?

Base Profile Screenshot 2019.02.24 - 18.17.58.42 by Myst1cPrun3

Base Profile Screenshot 2019.02.24 - 18.10.39.64 by Myst1cPrun3

matty0l215

The best way I found is to use the Wireframe.

Keep it activated when saving the skin and use it to make your adjustments. There is no "easy" way of doing it, unfortunately. :'(

By the way, Great looking skin!
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

Myst1cPrun3

As I can't seem to find a template for this bike I don't have access to wireframe sadly. :( So I've just had to keep moving it and resizing it, and rinse and repeat. Takes up a load of time, hence why I asked.

matty0l215

ohhhh

I know it's a Ducati Panigale but which one? I may have the template

Myst1cPrun3

Quote from: matty0l215 on February 24, 2019, 07:36:37 PM
ohhhh

I know it's a Ducati Panigale but which one? I may have the template

Its the WSBK 2017 version by IMT. Only available template I could find was for the Kawak on their IMT database

matty0l215

That's the only one i got as well

Message Blackheart he may be able to help.

If not then i would suggest overlaying a grid onto the skin then use that

Myst1cPrun3

The issue is the fact that the screen and the livery are 2 seperate files, and are different sizes, so a direct cut and paste job isn't good enough for it :/ just got to spend some time on the alignment for it really. Nothing that can't be fixed, just seems like a bit of a hassle and an awkward way of doing things.

Myst1cPrun3

I've Got it somewhat close now. Its as close as I'm realistically going to get it considering.

Base Profile Screenshot 2019.02.24 - 21.05.47.82 by Myst1cPrun3

Myst1cPrun3

http://www.essellegi.com/portfolios/ducati-panigale-fila-racing-bike-livery/

Basing it off these liveries which are pretty lovely if I should say so. The more I look at them the more I like them

Blackheart

February 24, 2019, 09:31:12 PM #9 Last Edit: February 24, 2019, 09:41:33 PM by Blackheart
I can post here a template in a couple of minutes.

EDIT:  https://mega.nz/#!J4xT2Y7L!JL3Dda1wxt_pp03LEm7Su8V2Q4yNv2kJlvsvIaxUoGY

matty0l215

Quote from: Myst1cPrun3 on February 24, 2019, 09:02:26 PM
The issue is the fact that the screen and the livery are 2 seperate files, and are different sizes, so a direct cut and paste job isn't good enough for it :/ just got to spend some time on the alignment for it really. Nothing that can't be fixed, just seems like a bit of a hassle and an awkward way of doing things.

Sorry, should have explained better. When there isn't a wireframe available, I use a generic grid overlay on both the templates, scale up so they are a similar size and then work from that. It doesn't line up but it certainly helps on sizing

I know it's not as good as the wireframe but when modders wouldn't supply them that the way I used to do it :P

@Blackheart- Thanks mate  ;D

Myst1cPrun3

Quote from: matty0l215 on February 24, 2019, 09:43:40 PM
Quote from: Myst1cPrun3 on February 24, 2019, 09:02:26 PM

Sorry, should have explained better. When there isn't a wireframe available, I use a generic grid overlay on both the templates, scale up so they are a similar size and then work from that. It doesn't line up but it certainly helps on sizing

I know it's not as good as the wireframe but when modders wouldn't supply them that the way I used to do it :P

@Blackheart- Thanks mate  ;D
Quote from: Blackheart on February 24, 2019, 09:31:12 PM
I can post here a template in a couple of minutes.

EDIT:  https://mega.nz/#!J4xT2Y7L!JL3Dda1wxt_pp03LEm7Su8V2Q4yNv2kJlvsvIaxUoGY

Beautiful Cheers Guys  :)