• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:13:09 PM

New start

Started by Alby46, September 17, 2013, 12:33:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

omarscommin

Hello from America everyone!

Bought GP Bikes a few months ago and could not be more impressed. The bikes physics feel better than anything I have ever tried. I bought it before the forum went away, came back a few weeks ago to find a ghost town! Glad to see its back, I have put more hours into this sim than I care to say. @PiBoSo not sure what happened here but it sounds like some people got to ya, keep going, this sim has so much potential I would hate to see it end. Played my first online race yesterday and won! Feel free to pm me if anyone ever wants to race! I set about 1:32:00 race pace lap times on Victoria.

JamoZ

Welcome,

Get into the 1.26`s and you`ve got yourself a race  :P

JamoZ

Desteban

Are you guys sure you can do 1.26 with a Race Setup???
If i push hard i get into 1.27 high with race setup but honestly I can ride continually low 1.28'
1.26 is propably hardly doable with soft tyres^^

Sounds almost like we have to set up a race  ;D

omarscommin

October 22, 2013, 12:56:13 AM #48 Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 01:01:00 AM by omarscommin
1.26 race pace? you must be breaking way deeper into turn 1 than I can atm. need to fiddle with the front suspension then :) would love to follow you around at some point and see how you are pulling that off.

edit. I just found a new line through turn 1 and was able to set 1:30.5s consistently! I was not staying wide enough going, carrying a lot more speed now:)

JamoZ

October 22, 2013, 01:19:39 AM #49 Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 01:28:03 AM by JamoZ
Quote from: Desteban on October 21, 2013, 10:29:23 PM
Are you guys sure you can do 1.26 with a Race Setup???
If i push hard i get into 1.27 high with race setup but honestly I can ride continually low 1.28'
1.26 is propably hardly doable with soft tyres^^

Sounds almost like we have to set up a race  ;D

Yesterday i pulled a 1.26.8 out of my hat at the 3rd lap on soft tires with 10 lt of fuel on Victoria which i didn`t ride for months and quite frankly i just hate the track. 5th lap i brought it down to 1.26.5 (note that there was alot of rubber on track due to being a hotlap server). Not sure what`s doable with a race setup, but on Monza i was putting out qualify pace at the end of a 18 laps race on full race setup. Sometimes i don`t even notice the difference between a full tank or hard tires...usually it makes the bike feel more stable :P Hope that feeling will be more noticable in future builds...

Quoteedit. I just found a new line through turn 1 and was able to set 1:30.5s consistently! I was not staying wide enough going, carrying a lot more speed now:)

Most speed can be found during braking imo. i hardly brake for turn 1. Having a good braking technique is key point in this game and will save you alot of time eventually and obviously gives you a big advantage over others in a race. There is just so much going into putting out a fast lap that it`s hard to explain, but focus on your braking points and pressure and you will see those laptimes go down really fast. High braking pressure is not always better..i run most my setups with 0/1 or 0/2. Hope this helps a bit...

HornetMaX

Is theres someting strange going on ?

All of a sudden, everybody seems to go much faster on Victoria than before ...

MaX.

omarscommin

I am wondering how much the rubber on the track helps, I mostly play offline (in america so most euro players are not on when I am) and so my tracks have no rubber on track.

HornetMaX

Groove (rubber on the track) helps a lot, but we had a groove on the Victoria server (online) even before ...

MaX.

JamoZ

Quote from: HornetMaX on October 22, 2013, 06:24:40 PM
Is theres someting strange going on ?

All of a sudden, everybody seems to go much faster on Victoria than before ...

MaX.

I think it`s just because Victoria is the leading hotlap server, and therefore people will improve on that quickly because they ride that the most :P

Alby46

Quote from: HornetMaX on October 22, 2013, 09:12:44 PM
Groove (rubber on the track) helps a lot, but we had a groove on the Victoria server (online) even before ...

MaX.
because it's the only track they train at
Still riding a 50cc, but enjoying it :)

Abigor

Quote from: omarscommin on October 22, 2013, 06:57:04 PM
I am wondering how much the rubber on the track helps, I mostly play offline (in america so most euro players are not on when I am) and so my tracks have no rubber on track.
Im "euro" player and i to don't have rubber on track.....it's like riding on ice......can't even do 1.26 anymore lol......ice ice racing  ;D

PiBoSo

It is interesting to note that the GP Bikes laptimes at Victoria, that looked extremely unrealistic, are no more so off since the real track was re-paved.
So it is safe to assume that GP Bikes simulates a smooth track  :)
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

RiccoChicco

Agree, but MotoGP riders are still  to slow for us  ;D

Buggi

to have a comparison with the actual times play onboard cam

HornetMaX

I think the goal to have realistic lap times is almost impossible to achieve, way too many factors at play.
The simple fact GPB is "close enough" or even "in the ballpark" is already very good.

MaX.