• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 07:21:06 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Connection type [solved 6 man on track bug]

Started by Arvoss, February 07, 2014, 09:01:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arvoss

February 07, 2014, 09:01:35 PM Last Edit: February 16, 2014, 09:57:43 PM by Arvoss
I found something in the misc settings of the game. Does someone know if it changes something to your connection? More than 6 bikes visible, cores, lag,...? Never noticed that option before. It was on modem, now I changed it to cable/xDSL.

EDIT: YES! For the first time I could see everyone on the grid in the rookies race! 12 guys! :D I'm 90% sure it's because I use cable/xDSL type now! ;)

C21

Does not change anything.
Tried all different types.
# Member of the CAWS Racing Team #

Arvoss

Quote from: C21 on February 07, 2014, 09:03:05 PM
Does not change anything.
Tried all different types.

Hm, weird. Why would PiBoSo put an option like this? :P

Hawk

I've always had mine set to Cable/DSL

janaucarre

Shark, at his beginning had problem with connection and when he changed this option to cable/adsl his problem was no more.

HornetMaX

It's likely that if you set a "bad" connection type (e.g. modem) the server will send you less data (e.g. less other bikes to be shown).
Anyway, today everyone's probably on cable/adsl, so that's what you should use.

MaX.

janaucarre

Problems to see only 4 or 5 bikes comes perhaps from this? For some.

C21

Had it on all three options for test for a while....for me no difference.....does not effect the core.exe either (happens on all of them)
# Member of the CAWS Racing Team #

Arvoss

For the first time I saw 8/8 bikes! I'm using cable/xDSL now. Can't confirm if this is the solution. Will try another time when there are 12+ people in a lobby, I'll try the 3 different options and tell how many bikes I see.

Alby46

yeah, maybe it's like rfactor that you can set how many cars you can see on track, and here if you change the type of connection it does the same
Still riding a 50cc, but enjoying it :)

Arvoss

Hawk

Quote from: Arvoss on February 16, 2014, 10:08:12 PM
Solved 6 man bug for me! :D

Was this a case of, "I was blind now I can see!!". Hehe ;D

PiBoSo

To see more than 6 bikes, the dedicated server connection must be set to "high", too.
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

janaucarre

thank you i will make some test of stability on high.