• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 07:07:27 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Cold Turkey Brno GP

Started by PeterV, February 08, 2014, 09:57:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arvoss

March 24, 2014, 11:07:01 AM #105 Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 11:10:10 AM by Arvoss
After riding 8 laps behind Stout (6 within 1 second) I passed him in the last corner!  :o

https://www.youtube.com/v/1oO3AT2mMLQ

PeterV

Recap of the Cold Turkey Brno GP.

- We had basically wright from the start of the event problems, within the first 15 min of practice the session was already lagging, meaning that one person would read 15:10 time left and another  would read on the same moment for instance 14:30 time left, so the practice session lagged. This happens often but usually not in a practice session, normally it will begin displaying this behavior with qualifying session and certainly not that early. Was Strange.

- One after an other (or together started having core.exe's. And there where a lot of them. Why? MultibikeMod? Track?, Brno GP.grv? we dont know for sure. (ill come back on this further up in my report) We restarted Server more then ones, even switched from dedicated13 to dedicated12, which helped a bit in bringing the pings of some people down. At the end we tried it it with Arvoss hosting the event (ty very much), to see if it got any better, it did a bit but not totally.

- My thoughts:
* Multibikemod, would this be the cause off all the problems? I doubt it really, if that was the case we would have had data mismatches to start with.

* Brno GP track, the thing i noticed,  this version seemed to have trouble with connection, you could get in but it took longer then we are normally used too. Before on the old Brno track (before it got smoothed) connection time was normal, but then again we did not use Multibikemod at that time.)

* Brno GP.grv file, i added it almost two weeks ago to the server, it seemed fine at first, but there where some riders having trouble with getting into the server, so in calibration with Dibu we had a look at the server and decided to clean house, Dibu installed only the 1000cc category bikes, got rid of obsolete ones, and got also rid of the Brno GP.grv file. After that the riders who had problems could get in again. For the Cold Turkey Brno GP race i used a new Brno GP.grv file. After which the shit hit the fan, they could get in fine but core galore  >:(. If the Brno GP.grv was the cause of the many Core.exe i dont know.

Summary:
The only thing different from other events where, Cockpit view, the Brno GP.grv file and the multibikemod.
I would love to try this again, not officially organized but an on the fly test race with same settings and files but only on other track.

@Warlock
Mr. Warlock im truly sorry we did not restart the race for you, i should have stopped it, but i didn't, my poor excuse being that it was getting late, and that i was already fed up with the problems. I hope you will still attend an occasional event we organize.

PeterV

pictures and stuff will be coming this week for the die hards who did race.

Warlock

Quote from: PeterV on March 24, 2014, 06:40:16 PM
@Warlock
Mr. Warlock im truly sorry we did not restart the race for you, i should have stopped it, but i didn't, my poor excuse being that it was getting late, and that i was already fed up with the problems. I hope you will still attend an occasional event we organize.

Don't worry Peter, count me in whatever event you create m8.
I 'm pissed because i always hold on when others have problems, i had 1 single core and nobody seemed to care, except Stout who told it on the chat with no replies at all. In the future i will only take care of myself and my team mate. It's not your fault Peter, i understand your position as an organizer, but nobody else did anything to restart for me at least 1 time.

Klax75

I did notice with the race, when it started. I got this weird lag, it shows it in my replay file but it's more extreme then what I actually saw but very similar. It wasn't where other bikes seem to hop because of ping. This was literal freezing, then frame goes back then freezes then things go back. Then all of a sudden it goes away totally, it happened right at the warm up then again right when the lights went green. Both times when the lights go green. I didn't get any cores during the event and server restarts, but I also restarted GP Bikes between each server restart not sure if that made a difference.

Here is my replay file, it shows the lag, but it is showing it worse then it was for me. The lag is lasting longer then it really did. I'm wondering if the cores have something to do with replays. Since several times when the server was up I got corrupt replay files. I save a replay every time I ride, so I can see what I am doing or what I can do better.

Here is the replay, when it was live the freezes were a little shorter and more rapid between freezes. Then all of a sudden it just went away and never happened again.

Replay File.
https://mega.co.nz/#!1Z5WgJja!F-pe9SEMfpHXmvNayAAEyUbdjW8V8hYSw1ds5cGagoQ

Just curious if we tried a server that didn't save a replay file and to see if anything different happens. At the same time it would suck not being able to have a replay without having to save it yourself. :/