• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:23:10 PM

Graphical issues

Started by C21, February 08, 2014, 02:13:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

C21

Ok. maybe i´m a bit fussy but:
On almost all bikes in the showroom the rider is placed too much forward. The right foot is not on the footrest.
The Murusama rear brake disc is untrue (and so on most of the murusama based modded bikes), best seen in replay focusing from the side of the rear wheel.

The rear wheel on the MSM125 is not aligned to the rear axle.
As i can´t take any attachements....DL here: https://mega.co.nz/#!mR8wkThZ!YUJ3IU_lygoRcQU2_p7M5m4e-tZNSjFmAPMSw-EFftQ

Just wanted to share.
# Member of the CAWS Racing Team #

HornetMaX

Quote from: C21 on February 08, 2014, 02:13:19 PM
On almost all bikes in the showroom the rider is placed too much forward. The right foot is not on the footrest.
If you mean on the modded bikes, that's normal: as they are based on the 990 physics, they had to use the exact same .geom file, so moving the rider or the footpegs is not possible (otherwise these bikes would not be seen as the 990 in terms of physics).

I was just thinking this afternoon if there's a way to completely decouple the physics form the 3d model, have to think a bit more about it, it's not straightforward.

The Murusama rear brake disc is untrue (and so on most of the murusama based modded bikes), best seen in replay focusing from the side of the rear wheel.
Yep, Piboso is aware of that, known problem. Should be solved whenever default content (bikes) is updated.
Have to add it to known bugs list.

The rear wheel on the MSM125 is not aligned to the rear axle.
Oups ... this should go straight in the known bug list. Will do.

MaX.

C21

I mean on all bikes  ;)
Take a carefull look in the showroom.
e.g. on MSM 125 and Cup - Rider position too much forward, right foot completly infront of the footrest!
RGV500 or Varese -> the same
Murusama.....

Hawk

Quote from: C21 on February 09, 2014, 03:42:28 PM
I mean on all bikes  ;)
Take a carefull look in the showroom.
e.g. on MSM 125 and Cup - Rider position too much forward, right foot completly infront of the footrest!
RGV500 or Varese -> the same
Murusama.....

I'm sure you can adjust the riders foot positions in the files somewhere? I'm sure they did it with the recent Scooter Mod rider.

But maybe you would require one rider for each bike to get all riders for all bikes exactly right position.

C21

February 09, 2014, 05:07:26 PM #4 Last Edit: February 09, 2014, 05:09:49 PM by C21
Of course you can adjust the rider position (done that on my SC59 mods) but i was wondering that the right foot is more "out of the correct position" than the left foot.
You can only position the rider as a whole not the feet seperatly.

HornetMaX

It is possible to adjust the rider position, but doing so means you're touching the physics files.
Example: today the RCV211 by oDi uses the 990 physics. This means you can still use the 211 and get your lap times recorded under the GP1000 category, as you're in fact using the same physics as the 990. If you change the rider, this is no longer the case.

I'm trying to think if it is possible to completely decouple the 3d model and how it is shown from the bike physics: at the moment it is not the case.
If you create a new 3d model perfectly (in terms of dimensions), then it will look off if you use the 990 physics.
If you don't want to touch the physics (for whichever reason) your only alternative is to "stretch" the 3d model to more or less fit the .geom file of the 990.

Thinking ...

@C21: do you see the same in-game (replays) ?

MaX.

C21

Yes.
It´s also ingame. 1st i´ve noticed that viewing replays....

I just wanted to point out that obviously noone else (including Piboso) was aware of that...