• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:20:54 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Suzuki GSVR sound

Started by Warlock, February 09, 2014, 12:32:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warlock

February 09, 2014, 12:32:09 AM Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 04:05:09 PM by Warlock
Suzuki GSVR sound by:

-----------   WarStout Kawasaki Team   -----------

First, i would like Juju to test the sound to add it officially to his wonderfull bike. But he is on vacation for a while. So this sound will be optional untill he can check it and give permission to include it in the BikeMod.

Second i want to say BIG thanks to HornetMax for his invaluable help to understand how engine.scl works

And third,  Enjoy !! , hope you like it, i did my best. I would like it to be much better , but i can't for now. In my opinion is pretty good, given  the sample of an 2T RC plane engine :P.
I've been doubting about including backfires, fut finally i got rid of them, because we don't have control of them at all with actual sound engine.
All sounds depends of RPMs, so if i include a backfire it will sound every time you reach certain RPMs, even when you are ON throttle,.... not good , annoying and unrealistic.

Download

Installation:

2 ways:

1.- Keeping the original sound just in case you dont like this one:

-Drop in the bike folder the following files:

engine_gsvr.scl
        sgsvr_idle.wav
        sgsvr_off.wav
        sgsvr_offlow.wav
        sgsvr_offmid.wav
        sgsvr_onhigh.wav
        sgsvr_onlow.wav

-Search in the bike folder for sfx.cfg file, open it with notepad. First line is:

"scl = engine.scl"   

change it to : "scl = engine_gsvr.scl"

Save and exit, done.
         To get back to the original sound revert this last step and delete the above .wav files

2.- Without keeping the original sound:

-remove all .wav  from bike folder, all named : "sb2_".....
     -remove engine.scl
     -Drop in the bike folder the following files:

engine_gsvr.scl
        sgsvr_idle.wav
        sgsvr_off.wav
        sgsvr_offlow.wav
        sgsvr_offmid.wav
        sgsvr_onhigh.wav
        sgsvr_onlow.wav

-Search in the bike folder for sfx.cfg file, open it with notepad. First line is:

"scl = engine.scl"   

change it to : "scl = engine_gsvr.scl"

Save and exit, done.

JamoZ

Great Warlock stikes again  8)

HornetMaX

Good work Warlock !
There seems to be very little to no overlapping at all between different samples, very good.

I have analyzed the samples of the Murasama sound: backfires are on off samples (offlow, offmid, offhigh) and these samples are roughly 4 seconds long.
As they are off samples, it is unlikely that one of them will be active for much more than 4secs (as if the throttle is closed, RPS will go down and we'll switch to another sample).
This still happens (even on the 990) when you stay a long time with the throttle half open, but that's not something usual when racing so it's not a big deal.

MaX.

Warlock

Thank you guys.  :)

Quote from: HornetMaX on February 09, 2014, 11:40:13 AM
This still happens (even on the 990) when you stay a long time with the throttle half open, but that's not something usual when racing so it's not a big deal.

Yes , i understand, but afer being many hours hearing them and testing, i really got pissed they sounded with throttle on. Also happens in long corners you sometimes correct throttle on and off and if the corner matches with the rpms at where it sounds is quite annoying, if they where random backfires would be ok, but the same one sounding once and again ...well, sucks.

I was thinking if it would be possible to manage backfires with a plugin, as long as we can get when the bike is on or off throtlle (what i doubt) and the rpms. But the more i think of it the more i think it would be a mess. Many different bikes, etc etc, just to have backfires.....shame , i loved the one i used for up shifting. Anyway i've never programmed for windows, no clue how to open those .dlo files  :P , i would like to have a look to your plugin to see how it is. I have some knowledge about programming actionscript for flash, built my own libraries of classes, object-oriented programing. (long time ago though) is similar to Java or C++

Stout Johnson

1) GREAT sound warlock! it is a masterpiece and really fun to ride with that sound - I even think that I can go faster with this sound ;)

2)
Quote from: HornetMaX on February 09, 2014, 11:40:13 AM
this still happens (even on the 990) when you stay a long time with the throttle half open
that's the thing... depending on bike class (different race styles) and track you sometimes run with throttle half open for longer periods, so the off-sample plays along and it might sound weird with same backfire again and again....
    -----------   WarStout Kawasaki Team   -----------

Abigor

Hey Guys....i have a problem......everytime i download GSVR i think is with the new sound...... is that possible ?......my problem is that i need the old GSVR sound to use in M1 and now i cant do it.

Warlock

No , the new sound is not yet included in the bike, you have to install it with the instructions above.
If Juju give us permission when he come back from holidays, it will be included.

Warlock

I've included the sfx.cfg file in the sound pack, for those who have problems editing the file, so just drop it in the bike folder and overwrite.

Abigor

Hey .....how many red sound files is in GSVR when you download it first time?   lol i have 17 and i think its too many.

Warlock

Quote from: Abigor on February 09, 2014, 10:47:07 PM
Hey .....how many red sound files is in GSVR when you download it first time?   lol i have 17 and i think its too many.

red sound files??  ???

original sound is based on murasama so, it should be 11 .wav files:

sb2_idle.wav
sb2_offhigh.wav
sb2_offidle.wav
sb2_offlow.wav
sb2_offmid.wav
sb2_offverylow.wav
sb2_onhigh.wav
sb2_onidle.wav
sb2_onlow.wav
sb2_onmid.wav
sb2_onverylow.wav

In my sound you will have the listed in the first post

Abigor

Quote from: Warlock on February 09, 2014, 11:04:35 PM
Quote from: Abigor on February 09, 2014, 10:47:07 PM

red sound files??  ???

original sound is based on murasama so, it should be 11 .wav files:

sb2_idle.wav
sb2_offhigh.wav
sb2_offidle.wav
sb2_offlow.wav
sb2_offmid.wav
sb2_offverylow.wav
sb2_onhigh.wav
sb2_onidle.wav
sb2_onlow.wav
sb2_onmid.wav
sb2_onverylow.wav

In my sound you will have the listed in the first post
ok....thanks......well something is wrong in my com......i deleted GSVR map and downloaded new GSVR and i have 17 red files in it lol.

javif1

Warlock

Quote from: Abigor on February 09, 2014, 11:13:07 PM
ok....thanks......well something is wrong in my com......i deleted GSVR map and downloaded new GSVR and i have 17 red files in it lol.

Wait a minute, i just checked the GSVR bike download, and you are right, Jamoz probably made a mistake and uploaded the bike with both sounds, please wait untill he correct this, and we will know whats going on

camillozockt

I love it  :D  !!! Thank you very much