• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 06:39:28 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Suzuki GSVR sound

Started by Warlock, February 09, 2014, 12:32:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JamoZ

Yup, my mistake. I`m uploading the clean one now with just warlocks files in it :)

Warlock

Thank you , hope Juju agree with this

JamoZ

If he doesn`t we change it, simple as that...

skerp

Warlock! Awesome sound, Bad Boy 8)

PeterV

Quote from: skerp on February 10, 2014, 09:20:26 AM
Warlock! Awesome sound, Bad Boy 8)

+1
Fully agree Skerp, Warlock from team War"sound" made a very good sound indeed. It's a keeper.

Warlock

Thx guys, added a video to the first post

Alone

Great sound m8s!! Thank you

Warlock

March 27, 2014, 01:29:38 AM #22 Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 01:41:08 AM by Warlock
Ok , for those with sensitive ears  :P , lower volume.
Replace the file in the GSVR folder.

-download-

For those with extra sensitive ears  ;D , edit the file and replace all:
Volume = 0.700000

with lower values

What is weird is:  riding the GSVR with the original volume i can hear perfectly any other bike around me. Why can't others hear his own bike when the GSVR is around?

Hawk

Quote from: Warlock on March 27, 2014, 01:29:38 AM

What is weird is:  riding the GSVR with the original volume i can hear perfectly any other bike around me. Why can't others hear his own bike when the GSVR is around?

Hi Warlock.
I think maybe you have a speaker system that can pick-up a higher frequency range than other users? This maybe the answer to your question? But the engine sound drowning effect is not too exaggerated when riding the 4 stroke bikes for some reason, but when riding the 2 stroke bikes it is terribly bad, although it would probably help a great deal if all the different bikes had their own unique engine tones like in real life. But again you'd probably need a good set of speakers to pick-up the differences. :)

But getting back to the GSVR engine sound(Haven't tried the new lower volume sound file yet)...... but as it was, it was just that the volume was SO much higher than any other bike, which is unnatural, it just didn't fit right, it was odd, weird, you know what I mean? Not the engine sound(Which is fantastic! ;D), but it was the volume of that engine sound that wasn't right.

Surely when creating an engine sound file you must take into consideration a sort of standard volume range taken from other bike engines as an example of the range of volume needed to fit well into GP Bikes. Yes... some engines could be a little higher volume than others, some a slightly lower volume, but to have an engine volume sounding what must be very nearly half as loud again as any other just doesn't seem to fit in well. :)

This is just my personal opinion, I'm just trying to explain to you why myself and others think that the GSVR engine volume seemed set at too high a volume range. As I said, you've done a brilliant job on the actual engine noise/sound, it was just the volume of that sound which myself and others were questioning.  ;)

Really appreciate you creating the new adjusted volume for the sound file Warlock. Thank you mate.  ;D 8)

Stout Johnson

Quote from: Hawk_UK on March 27, 2014, 09:04:58 AM
...... but as it was, it was just that the volume was SO much higher than any other bike[...]

Surely when creating an engine sound file you must take into consideration a sort of standard volume range taken from other bike engines as an example of the range of volume needed to fit well into GP Bikes. Yes... some engines could be a little higher volume than others, some a slightly lower volume, but to have an engine volume sounding what must be very nearly half as loud again as any other just doesn't seem to fit in well. :)

tbh, I think it is the other way around... the other sound mods are mostly pretty weak which make the GSVR sound seem to be so much louder. What you would have to take as a reference for creating other bike's sounds is the Murasama - and compared to that imo the GSVR sound matches pretty perfectly - at least with my headphones..... so, we shouldn't expect Warlock to adapt his GSVR sound but expect other bike's sound mods to fit the level of the Murasama default sound just like the GSVR sound does.
    -----------   WarStout Kawasaki Team   -----------

Hawk

Quote from: Stout Johnson on March 27, 2014, 12:47:50 PM
Quote from: Hawk_UK on March 27, 2014, 09:04:58 AM
...... but as it was, it was just that the volume was SO much higher than any other bike[...]

tbh, I think it is the other way around... the other sound mods are mostly pretty weak which make the GSVR sound seem to be so much louder. What you would have to take as a reference for creating other bike's sounds is the Murasama - and compared to that imo the GSVR sound matches pretty perfectly - at least with my headphones..... so, we shouldn't expect Warlock to adapt his GSVR sound but expect other bike's sound mods to fit the level of the Murasama default sound just like the GSVR sound does.

I totally agree Stout, the Murasama would probably be the bike to take a volume factor from for other 1000cc MOD bike sound files(+/- a few decibels of course).
In fact I was comparing it to the Murasama as that was the bike I was riding during last Sundays race. But compare the GSVR to any of the other bikes, be they MOD bikes or default and the GSVR sound as was, was way to loud to sound right compared to the other bikes.

I don't usually ride 4strokes in GP Bikes, so I noticed something was really not right with the difference in the volume of the GSVR compared to other bikes and the Murasama I was riding straight away.  :)

Warlock

Quote from: Hawk_UK on March 27, 2014, 01:37:58 PM
I totally agree Stout, the Murasama would probably be the bike to take a volume factor from for other 1000cc MOD bike sound files(+/- a few decibels of course).
In fact I was comparing it to the Murasama as that was the bike I was riding during last Sundays race. But compare the GSVR to any of the other bikes, be they MOD bikes or default and the GSVR sound as was, was way to loud to sound right compared to the other bikes.

I don't usually ride 4strokes in GP Bikes, so I noticed something was really not right with the difference in the volume of the GSVR compared to other bikes and the Murasama I was riding straight away.  :)

The engine sound drowning effect is a different problem, when all using the same bike, and indeed happen.
But what i mean is, from onboard view in the GSVR i can hear my bike and also the Murasama behind me, perfectly, why does not happen the other way around?

Yes, i have a good external sound card (Cakewalk UA-4FX + Asio drivers) and good phones (Bose), maybe thats why.

Hawk

Quote from: Warlock on March 27, 2014, 02:29:15 PM
Yes, i have a good external sound card (Cakewalk UA-4FX + Asio drivers) and good phones (Bose), maybe that's why.

I think in your above stated quote, what you said is probably correct, as a good sound system picks up frequencies that standard sound systems don't, so this is probably why you personally and some others can define other bikes engine noises apart from the other bikes, and why other users cannot. Also probably why some cannot understand what the problem is cause they cannot hear/see it like us with standard cheap sound systems/speakers/headphones can or cannot whichever way you look at it. Lol

But just like game developers don't develop game graphics that can only be used on high end graphics cards, sound files also need to be created that can be used and heard correctly on standard sound systems. This is were game testers should point out problems, I'm surprised no one did during the testing phase? Though I gather JamoZ did point to the fact that the volume of the GSVR engine sound was too high at the time? Maybe he got out voted on that issue. :)

But it was the shear volume of the original GSVR sound file that was the only problem for me, it just sounded to me(and obviously some others) a lot louder than all the other bikes....

I still haven't tested the new sound file yet, probably test it tonight if I have time, but I suspect it's a lot better now.

Hope I'm being somewhat constructive in my posts? I certainly don't mean to be derogatory in what I'm saying. I only wish to help improve things for everyone.  ;)

Thanks for your work on this Warlock, always appreciated mate.  ;)  8)

Warlock

Quote from: Hawk_UK on March 27, 2014, 04:44:03 PM

Hope I'm being somewhat constructive in my posts? I certainly don't mean to be derogatory in what I'm saying. I only wish to help improve things for everyone.  ;)

Thanks for your work on this Warlock, always appreciated mate.  ;)  8)

Yeah sure m8, no problem at all, i was only joking when said people with sensitive ears :)
Also trying to understand why. Anyway now you know a method to lower the volume of any bike that has the same problem, edititing the engine.scl file

Hawk

Quote from: Warlock on March 27, 2014, 07:13:04 PM
Anyway now you know a method to lower the volume of any bike that has the same problem, edititing the engine.scl file

Won't editing the engine.scl file cause a data mismatch when trying to connect to the online server? Or does the server only check the signature of certain files for any changes/differences?

Thanks Warlock.  ;)