• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

Priority for bug fixes. Please vote guys.

Started by Hawk, February 09, 2014, 09:18:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What GP Bike bug/features should have the highest priority to be fixed/included?

Fix the Online "Core.exe" crash.
29 (82.9%)
Improving Bike Physics.
3 (8.6%)
Adding Other Features, ie: User interface screens, etc, etc.
1 (2.9%)
Fix/Include other bug/features listed in "Suggestions and Wishlist Recap".
2 (5.7%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Voting closed: February 23, 2014, 09:18:01 AM

Hawk

February 09, 2014, 09:18:01 AM Last Edit: February 09, 2014, 09:22:27 AM by Hawk_UK
This poll is for expressly defining what the community wants regarding the highest of priorities for GP Bikes Bug fixes, and/or including additional features.

Please vote guys. ;)

PS: This is the "Suggestions and Wishlist Recap" thread link if you wish to review whats been listed before you make your decision: http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=566.0

Arvoss

Everyone knows that core will have the highest priority. But first we need to know why the game crashes. It's impossible for PiBoSo to go trough each line of code to see the problem. Also, the core crashes are pretty random:
Core when clicking on 'Go to track'
Core when clicking on 'Replay'
Core when clicking on 'settings' in replay
Core while riding
It can take a very long time or it can be tomorrow that he finds a solution...

Alby46

maybe we can use a debug console to see the error and report it here
Still riding a 50cc, but enjoying it :)

Hawk

Quote from: Arvoss on February 09, 2014, 10:11:44 AM
Everyone knows that core will have the highest priority. But first we need to know why the game crashes. It's impossible for PiBoSo to go trough each line of code to see the problem. Also, the core crashes are pretty random:
Core while riding

As I understand what Piboso was saying, finishing the bike physics and other features are his priorities. I'm just making sure that he really knows what the community wants as a priority.  ;) :)

Arvoss

Quote from: Hawk_UK on February 09, 2014, 12:14:05 PM
Core while riding

As I understand what Piboso was saying, finishing the bike physics and other features are his priorities. I'm just making sure that he really knows what the community wants as a priority.  ;) :)

I meant that everyone knows what the community thinks about the priorities :P That everyone knows what the poll result will be ;)

Hawk

Quote from: Arvoss on February 09, 2014, 12:22:43 PM
Quote from: Hawk_UK on February 09, 2014, 12:14:05 PM
Core while riding

I meant that everyone knows what the community thinks about the priorities :P That everyone knows what the poll result will be ;)
Are you sure everyone knows what the community wants? There is one person who doesn't seem to realise :P :)

JamoZ

I have the feeling PiBoSo doesn`t have a clue what`s causing the core crashes. It`s been here since Beta 1 and has never been looked at or communicated with us with what the possible cause might be. If i see stuff on the "To Do" list like interface changes or physics having a priority i`m starting to wonder if we are ever going to see this fixed. If he had the slightest clue what it was, we would have seen improvements over the last few builds...

Alby46

he solved many core.exe errors, the "error" error, data mismatch ecc., but there are many out there that are waiting to be solved, like in all games. Battlefield 4, for example, is made by a lot of developers but still have, after 4 months since it came out, lot of problems.

Arvoss

Quote from: Alby46 on February 09, 2014, 02:27:20 PM
he solved many core.exe errors, the "error" error, data mismatch ecc., but there are many out there that are waiting to be solved, like in all games. Battlefield 4, for example, is made by a lot of developers but still have, after 4 months since it came out, lot of problems.

There is a difference between an error and a crash. It's easier to fix errors because they are not so random. He +- knew where the "error" error came from. But the "core.exe" is a game crash... I hope this will be fixed soon...  :-\

Alby46

Arvoss

I installed a debugger (not sure if this will work since it's the first time I'll try this)
Site: http://www.gremedy.com/

First weird thing: MaxHUD doesn't work when debugger is active

I hope I get a core soon so I can save the error log.

Hawk

Well guys.... Whatever Piboso would like us to do to help him track down this Core.exe crash problem, I'm sure we all will help in whatever way we can, be it installing debuggers or sending him debug files, screenshots, whatever it is, let's get this thing solved and out of the way. It will set the foundation for GP Bikes to really take off. ;D

C21

February 09, 2014, 03:50:10 PM #12 Last Edit: February 09, 2014, 03:52:48 PM by C21
I can replicate my core.exe as often as i want to...so DL the debugger now.... ???
I´ve never worked with that type of tool so wondering what i have to expect...

I can only speak for myself....and of course it´s the core.exe which makes me angry...but i also would like to see improve physics or something on the whishlist....
# Member of the CAWS Racing Team #

Arvoss

Quote from: C21 on February 09, 2014, 03:50:10 PM
I can replicate my core.exe as often as i want to...so DL the debugger now.... ???
I´ve never worked with that type of tool so wondering what i have to expect...

Me neither, I'll make a thread about debuggers, see which one will work the best for PiBoSo ;)

HornetMaX

Quote from: JamoZ on February 09, 2014, 02:10:09 PM
I have the feeling PiBoSo doesn`t have a clue what`s causing the core crashes.
That's clear, as if he had a clue (and the clue was correct) then the problem would be behind us since a long time.

Part of the difficulty when dealing with this issues is that often they are hard to reproduce consistently.
That's why it is very very interesting that C21 can reproduce this systematically. Have to take advantage of this !

MaX.