• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 03:06:24 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Need help with Nordschleife starting line

Started by Jiggens, February 27, 2014, 07:31:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jiggens

.. I can't seem to find it every time / it doesn't reach across the whole track / some other weirdness
Seems to work most times if I cross it as far to the inside (left) of the track as possible, which puts me opposite of the line for the first corner, and the corner is too soon after the startline to rectify basically forces me to take the corner at half the speed I should be able to
Real crap did my smoothest fastest lap so far on RSV4 just to find out timer never started..

Same thing happens on the 'ring in both GPB and WRS, anyone know what could be causing this?

HornetMaX

Yeah, the finish line is utterly wrong, just checked in TrackEd (it has right = 2.2 but should be 5.0 or something to cover the whole track width).

I don't know who can fix this (I mean fix and re-register the track, fixing the line only is trivial). Who's the track owner/author ?

MaX.

janaucarre

those who made this conversion were the member of witham team.

HornetMaX

Quote from: janaucarre on February 27, 2014, 01:38:30 PM
those who made this conversion were the member of witham team.
So maybe RBp can have a look ?
Should be a very quick fix.

MaX.

dibu

Correceting the S/F bug probably isn't a problem at this track. I just checked my NOS versions and whitham69 has updated the code of the last version in the nordschleife.ini.

HornetMaX

Quote from: dibu on February 27, 2014, 05:41:54 PM
Correceting the S/F bug probably isn't a problem at this track. I just checked my NOS versions and whitham69 has updated the code of the last version in the nordschleife.ini.
You lost me there dibu. You mean you can fix it an re-register the track ?

MaX.

RBp

I'll look into  this for ya, need to D/L the track first.

dibu

Quote from: HornetMaX on February 27, 2014, 06:06:03 PM
You lost me there dibu. You mean you can fix it an re-register the track ?
I could do but RBp already offered it. (maybe better because I'm leaving the bike to often at Nordschleife)  ;)

It's quite simple
- Adjust the rdf file

- open http://www.piboso.com/trackreg/trackreg.php
- select GP Bikes
- Track ID: name of the track folder - here: Nordschleife
- Track Layout: only used if you have multiple layouts - here leave empty
- Track Name: how it appers in the stats - here: Nordschleife
- Track Code: new trp exporter code - here: CB4CC9FFF27AB6EF825EE94E12FC
- Prev. Track Code: the previous trp exporter code - here: CB4CC9FFF27AB6EF825EE94E12FC

Drive a first lap with the new rdf (before your work is wasted by someone else driving a lap with the old rdf ;))

RBp

All fixed for you, timing reset and working,  place is hard to ride even with the 1000cc

http://www.mediafire.com/download/k56z9j5zdbeeg6j/Nordschleife.rar

dibu

February 27, 2014, 07:51:48 PM #9 Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 07:59:19 PM by dibu
Thank you, perfect  :)  You also changed the trp?

RBp

February 27, 2014, 08:04:06 PM #10 Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 08:07:29 PM by RBp
I re exported the whole max file, seemed to give the same code, changed the startline, generated surface and save the new TRP and RDF files. Doing a while lap to check timing was longer than fixing the problem.. lol

Could do with a lot of surface work tbh but not something I like to start right now.

dibu

Quote from: RBp on February 27, 2014, 08:04:06 PM
I re exported the whole max file, seemed to give the same code, changed the startline, generated surface and save the new TRP and RDF files. Doing a while lap to check timing was longer than fixing the problem.. lol
good decission to add also surface :)

Could do with a lot of surface work tbh but not something I like to start right now.
Understandable when looking at the length of 24km - maybe later, I love this tack ;)

HornetMaX

Quote from: dibu on February 27, 2014, 07:17:50 PM
- Prev. Track Code: the previous trp exporter code - here: CB4CC9FFF27AB6EF825EE94E12FC
The track codeis the bit of info I was missing.

Thx RBp ! Fast and valuable work, as always !

MaX.

Jiggens

Quote from: RBp on February 27, 2014, 07:49:14 PM
All fixed for you, timing reset and working,  place is hard to ride even with the 1000cc[/url]

Absolute legend, thanks so much for that! My favorite map by far for time trials/testing (cant do much racing cos aussie and get around 500 ping) by far and that problem was a killer.