• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:39:03 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

MaxHUD plugin

Started by HornetMaX, September 26, 2013, 04:34:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HornetMaX

September 26, 2013, 04:34:50 PM Last Edit: August 18, 2023, 07:43:17 PM by HornetMaX
Hi all,
this plugin allows to put on screen a variety of widgets as show in the below images.

EACH WIDGET CAN BE CONFIGURED AND HIDDEN, YOU DO NOT HAVE TO USE THEM ALL.

For install instructions, plugin configuration, changes in versions and so on, please read the .pdf file in the .zip.  PLEASE. READ. IT.

DOWNLOAD v2.2.7:  <<-- THIS if for GPB beta21, WRS beta14, KRP rel13 and MXB beta18

Love this stuff and you want to show that ? Have too much money at hand and don't knowe what to do with it ? Donations are welcome  8)
PM me when donations are done, so that I can keep a donors list HERE.

IMPORTANT: If you get a warning/error about missing dlls, or if nothing shows up once on track, install:

HornetMaX

HornetMaX

v1.3.0 out !

Changes:

• Left shift also allowed instead of right click to drag widgets (for Apple folks, tsk ...)
  • Track map no longer needs .tcl files (thx Piboso): you can delete and replace the plugin data folder (MaxHUD_data) with the one in the archive (it contains less stuff). So now track map should work with all tracks.

MaX.

HornetMaX

v1.3.1 out. Non changes unless you use compatibility=0 (if you don't know what this is, then there are no changes for you :) ).

Changes: Fix for a strange behavior of WritePrivateProfileString (when "compatibility=0" in core.ini, _szSavePath is empty).

MaX.

HornetMaX

v1.4.0 out: map has now 4 modes, rotate ON/OFF and view range 0/non-0. From the PDF file, 2 params in the .ini:

• HUDMap__rotate: if false, the map orientation is fixed, if true the map will rotate with the bike (yaw) in order to always have the bike pointing "north" (i.e. towards the top of your screen, not geographically).
  • HUDMap__range: positive integer (in meters). If 0 (zero) the whole map will be shown, else only a square "window" (side is 2 x range) will be show and the map will translate. Notice that if the range is such that the entire map fits in, the map will not translate.
For rotate and range, only 2 of the 4 possible combos should be of interest:

• HUDMap__rotate= false, HUDMap__range= 0: this is the default mode, track not rotating and shown entirely.
  • HUDMap__rotate= true, HUDMap__range= 200 (or whatever you like): here the track rotates (i.e. the bike will always be heading "north" on the map) and translates (i.e. the bike will always be in the center of the widget and only +/-200m in each direction will be shown). This can be useful for long maps (NW200, Nordschleife, Mini TT, ...).
MaX.

P.S. for dibu:
Time to messify the code with a lot of #ifdef to make this plugin work for WRS too :)

HornetMaX

January 14, 2014, 11:45:35 AM #5 Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 11:14:42 PM by HornetMaX
v1.5.0 out: no big changes, except the fact it now works for WRS too (except the "Lean" widget).

Installation procedure slightly changed: read the .pdf file.

MaX.

dibu

January 14, 2014, 05:10:00 PM #6 Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 05:34:29 PM by dibu
Thank you very, very much MaX.  :)  Finaly also a version for us quadruped ;)

From a first short test I saw two small problems.
- The three timing screens don't work correctly. It seems they expect the fourth sector of GPB (WRS uses only three sectors)
- The map doesn't show splits, speed trap and S/F like in GPB

Edit: The Paul Ricard map shows splits etc, Victoria shows only my position and both show one green dot in the infield (split3?)

jomardi

MaX, first for all, Thanks for your work.
i have 1 question, can I <off> something at HUD ? I mean, choose what I like to see in HUD. if yes, then how?
THX.
Live fast, die young<br />Sorry for my & GOOGLE-T bad english :|

neoraptor

Read the manual !! Everything is in it !!
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. Confucius
>> Wiki to help modders <<

jomardi

Quote from: neoraptor on January 14, 2014, 06:59:19 PM
Read the manual !! Everything is in it !!
then I go downloading )) I remember, how hard was in SIMBIN s old games, did this ))
THX again ;)

jomardi

BILLION Thanks! PRO job!

HornetMaX

Quote from: dibu on January 14, 2014, 05:10:00 PM
Thank you very, very much MaX.  :)  Finaly also a version for us quadruped ;)
I just didn't want to be considered a racist :)

From a first short test I saw two small problems.
- The three timing screens don't work correctly. It seems they expect the fourth sector of GPB (WRS uses only three sectors)
Oups, right. Have to fix that ... crap, more #ifdefs ...:)

- The map doesn't show splits, speed trap and S/F like in GPB

Edit: The Paul Ricard map shows splits etc, Victoria shows only my position and both show one green dot in the infield (split3?)
No bug here: the plugin needs the <track>.rdf file to get the split/trap/finish line position. So to have them in victoria, you have to unpack tracks.pkz. Eventually you can only extract victoria.rdf and put it into gpb/tracks/victoria (create the folder, in case). Only necessary for victoria, of course.

MaX.

HornetMaX

v1.5.1 out: no changes for GPB with respect to v1.5.0. Fixes for WRS (Timing widgets and Map widget now show the correct number of sectors).

MaX.

dibu

Quote from: HornetMaX on January 14, 2014, 08:47:23 PM
No bug here: the plugin needs the <track>.rdf file to get the split/trap/finish line position. So to have them in victoria, you have to unpack tracks.pkz. Eventually you can only extract victoria.rdf and put it into gpb/tracks/victoria (create the folder, in case). Only necessary for victoria, of course.

Good to know thanks. I'll test the new version when I'm back in the evening.

janaucarre

thank you max. Like ever, good and speed work.