• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:10:11 AM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

MaxHUD plugin

Started by HornetMaX, September 26, 2013, 04:34:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HornetMaX

Quote from: Klax75 on August 21, 2014, 12:14:23 PM
Yeah I still had "Reference Car" on when doing practice laps. Reference car is just for you of your previous lap or sector depending. If your close to the previous lap it will display the reference car the how time. If not it will just display it per sector.
Yeah, that's what we call here "ghost". I was just joking about it, as we know PIboso is not a big fan of it :)

Quote from: Klax75 on August 21, 2014, 12:14:23 PM
They also have a "Ghost" feature, when you can join as a spectator in a session, in practice, qualifying, or a race. Then enter car and race on the track. The other competitors can't see your car at all. But you can drive on track, and see how you compare with out messing anyone up. Your lap times don't count as being in the race.
Could be nice to have too.

MaX.

Klax75

Yeah. lol. Just want to explain the difference. When I first started iRacing.com they didn't have the reference car. They had ghost though. Usually I have reference off, since when your practicing hard then all of a sudden a transparent car covers your screen it has made me lose time. lol.

Where the red/green bar gives you just enough info quickly to let you know if you need to push harder.

HornetMaX

v1.8.1 out:

• Updated for WRS beta5 (no changes for GPB and KRP).

MaX.

Klax75

HornetMaX

Quote from: Klax75 on September 15, 2014, 12:58:34 PM
Just a little reminder for you Max. :)
After a closer look, I see this in the iRacing widget:

• a bar indicating the advantage/retard with respect to your best lap (when the bar is to the right of the middle you're ahead, to the left you're behind).
  • the bar colour (red/white/green) indicates if the time difference is growing or getting smaller (i.e. it's the time derivative of the time difference).
  • the number indicating the gap is green when you're ahead and (I presume) red when you fall behind.
Some of the above info looks a bit redundant: the bar "height" and the number provide the same info, the number colour is the same as "bar left or right".
And I'm not sure I like the number that moves left/right with the bar.

I'll try to experiment a bit and see what makes sense. Technically everything is very easy.

That is, as soon as I have the time for that :)

MaX.

Boerenlater

I'm sorry if i did miss it but is it possible to display a rev counter?
I stopped gaming (and GP-Bikes)

HornetMaX

Quote from: Boerenlater on September 16, 2014, 12:35:15 PM

Hmm ... I'm not a big fan of the idea but I could be persuaded. How should the revs be displayed ? Just the number (as I do for the speed) or a gauge ?

MaX.

P.S.
@Klax: the "Lap Sector counter" a la iRacing is almost ready. I quite like the result, so much I may be tempted to remove the old LiveGap indicator.

Warlock

Boerenlater

Quote from: HornetMaX on September 29, 2014, 07:47:01 AM

Hmm ... I'm not a big fan of the idea but I could be persuaded. How should the revs be displayed ? Just the number (as I do for the speed) or a gauge ?

MaX.

P.S.
@Klax: the "Lap Sector counter" a la iRacing is almost ready. I quite like the result, so much I may be tempted to remove the old LiveGap indicator.
A gauge is better so you can see when you have to shift.
I stopped gaming (and GP-Bikes)

Klax75

Cool looking forward to using it!

HornetMaX

Quote from: Boerenlater on September 29, 2014, 02:20:50 PM
Quote from: HornetMaX on September 29, 2014, 07:47:01 AM

MaX.

P.S.
A gauge is better so you can see when you have to shift.
The speed indicator provided with the plugin turns orange and then red when it's time to shift gear up. Is that what you're looking for ?

MaX.

HornetMaX

September 29, 2014, 09:46:03 PM #101 Last Edit: September 30, 2014, 06:47:14 AM by HornetMaX
v1.9.0 out:

• LiveGapBar replaces LiveGap (Klax75 suggestion, similar to iRacing indicator).
  • Plugin rate bumped at 50Hz (from 20Hz): shouldn't be a problem and makes everything smoother.
  • Widgets cannot be moved out of the screen.
  • Widgets cannot be moved if they are not enabled.
  • Interpolated colors in HUDInputs (just eye candy).
  • Some default sizes are slightly changed.
  • .ini file structure modified (one section per widget + global section).
  • .ini file version bumped to 7: you will lose your plugin settings as they will be reset to defaults.

MaX.

Klax75

I love it! I was able to instantly tell where I am losing time and was able to do some personal faster laps! Thanks MaX!!

Abigor

Yes  i like it.....thanks Max

matty0l215

Really like the new live gap timer :D Great work Max!
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE