• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:13:54 AM

MaxHUD plugin

Started by HornetMaX, September 26, 2013, 04:34:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dibu

Thank you MaX, fast as always. :)
With your plugin the sims are much more fun. ;D

JJS209

i also need to say: thanks for all your great work mate!

davidboda46

Quote from: JJS209 on May 26, 2015, 09:03:50 PM
i also need to say: thanks for all your great work mate!

+1  ;)

David "Gonzo" Boda #46
"THE EDGE... THERE IS NO HONEST WAY TO EXPLAIN IT BECAUSE THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO REALLY KNOW WHERE IT IS ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE GONE OVER"

Napalm Nick

Hey Max,

whilst up the Mountain suddenly the Helmet flickered and disappeared. The plugin still seemed to function Ok and other things still worked but the helmet went. Restarted track and helmet still gone (and couldn't be switched on), restarted game and helmet back but flickered a few times and disappeared again.

No Biggie I just suspect you would like the feedback. Never seen it before until the Mountain course.  ???
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

C21

QuoteNo Biggie I just suspect you would like the feedback. Never seen it before until the Mountain course.
so is would suspect something wrong with the track , not with MaxHUD if it´s the only track which has this issue.
# Member of the CAWS Racing Team #

Napalm Nick

Indeed.

I agree and I just know Max will be on it like a sniffer dog at a rave party. What crashes a Plugin could crash a game etc!
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

HornetMaX

Thanks for the report.

I'm not sure I'll switch to "sniffer dog mode" on this: I'd think it's fairly unlikely that the plugin itself is responsible.
I'd blame 50-50% the track and GPB (well, I could even push it 100% on GPB, because even if the track has problems, this kind of things should just not happen).

Can you reproduce it regularly ?

MaX.

HornetMaX

I'm pondering having a new widget in the HUD: something that shows the raw joypad input (2 sticks + 2 triggers). Would this be interesting ?

Question 2: anybody interested in something that displays the raw input (of a generic input device, not necessarily a joypad) ?
E.g. 8 bars showing 8 analog axes ?

MaX.

JJS209

not for me :)
but i have a question:
its not possible to add temp and pressure?
if it would be possible you would have added it already, i think.

teeds

Quote from: HornetMaX on June 25, 2015, 09:35:04 AM
I'm pondering having a new widget in the HUD: something that shows the raw joypad input (2 sticks + 2 triggers). Would this be interesting ?

Question 2: anybody interested in something that displays the raw input (of a generic input device, not necessarily a joypad) ?

MaX.

I had a problem the other week were my steering stops had moved and I'd not noticed so wasn't getting full lock on right turns, permanently fixed now but for while was like WTF?? I use your plugin mainly for timings and live input clarification so it would be useful for me if steering was included in the way brake inputs etc are. These things wander so slowly sometimes, due to worn pots or pivots, you just don't notice.

HornetMaX

Quote from: JJS209 on June 25, 2015, 10:11:23 AM
its not possible to add temp and pressure?
if it would be possible you would have added it already, i think.
At the moment not possible, GPB does not pass this info. If GPB passes it, then I'll surely do it.

Quote from: teeds on June 25, 2015, 11:03:39 AM
These things wander so slowly sometimes, due to worn pots or pivots, you just don't notice.
That's the idea of the usage.

At the moment I have something that shows a separate widget with a representation of the two sticks + 2 triggers, but it may make sense to also have a "steering" bar in the currently available input widget. Will look into that.

MaX.

Napalm Nick

I would like the steering widgetized so I can monitor my low speed lean. Sweet

CapeDoctor

for someone like myself, still getting to grips with how the sim is working and responding to my inputs, any extra input info in HUD format would be much appreciated.  ;)

Klax75

Quote from: HornetMaX on June 25, 2015, 09:35:04 AM

MaX.

Please do, I want to see in DST how much opposite steering I'm doing in turns and how much in put I'm using for the rider and for steering. I remember I asked you about this a couple years ago but couldn't be done. :)

HornetMaX

Quote from: Klax75 on June 25, 2015, 05:52:17 PM
Please do, I want to see in DST how much opposite steering I'm doing in turns and how much in put I'm using for the rider and for steering.
Hmm .. .you mean you'd like to visualise also rider lean L/R and F/B ?

Quote from: Klax75 on June 25, 2015, 05:52:17 PM
I remember I asked you about this a couple years ago but couldn't be done. :)

Couldn't be done the easy way (GPB passing the values to the plugin), so I had to do it the hard way (the plugin itself fetching the values of input devices, using external libraries).

MaX.