• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:53:46 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

MaxHUD plugin

Started by HornetMaX, September 26, 2013, 04:34:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dibu

v1.5.1 - first WRS test passed ;D thanks alot MaX:)

HornetMaX

Doh, small big bug spotted: the input widget says "Handbrake" for GPB and "R Brake" for WRS  ::)

I'll fix that in the next version, in which I'll add some sort of "graphical" method to change some major parameters (without having to edit the .ini file).

I was also wondering if I should merge the two plugins (helmet and hud): makes less work for me and I don't see a valid reason not to merge them into a single one.

MaX.

HornetMaX

January 19, 2014, 12:02:01 AM #17 Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 12:09:13 AM by HornetMaX
v1.6.0 out, some major changes (for once):

• MaxHELMET is now integrated in MaxHUD: you don't need both. If you have a previous MaxHELMET, remove it.
  • Some settings are accessible via the plugin menu.
  • Most of the widgets are now "scalable" (you can change their size).
  • 1 single Timing widget (with 3 modes, more or less as the previous 3 separate widgets).
  • Fix bug on the Inputs labels.
  • Widgets settings are no longer bike/car specific.

MaX.

Warlock

RiccoChicco

Klax75

I was wondering would it be possible to have the speed show in MPH also?

HornetMaX

Quote from: Klax75 on January 21, 2014, 04:00:16 PM
I was wondering would it be possible to have the speed show in MPH also?

I'm tempted to reply RTFM (read the fuckin' manual), but as I'm now in scotland, I've become a more civilized person, hence I'll stick to RTBM (read the bloody manual).  ;D

It is already possible: CAPS-LOCK / Speed ... /  Mkh/Mph

MaX.

janaucarre

its not difficult to read the fucking manual, take it and put it in your internet browser.

HornetMaX

No offense klax75, you're not the first one to do this :) Just joking.

But read the manual :)

MaX.

Docfumi

I have to add this to my list of all things Brilliat. Thanks max it work so good now, I love the one time setup for all Bikes a god send  ;D
I didn't lose the race, I ran out of laps.

HornetMaX

v1.6.1 out:

• Fix bug in HUDMap (not showing the map in the right position sometimes).

presix

Is it possible to get speed graph like AdvancedHUD (I do not know why it doesn't work on beta4)?
It is very useful, something like a ghost best lap...
Please...

HornetMaX

Quote from: presix on February 07, 2014, 06:18:09 PM
Is it possible to get speed graph like AdvancedHUD (I do not know why it doesn't work on beta4)?
It is very useful, something like a ghost best lap...
Please...
Hmm ... possible yes, but I'm not very much for.

The livegap stuff already gives you this sort of "ghost-like" information (time gap between your best lap and your current lap at the current position).
Graphs are nice, but usually you don't look at them while riding/driving: this is the kind of information you look at in the pits, with some sort of telemetry software.

We had a great telemetry software for GPB/WRS, but the author (who is also the author of AdvancedHUD) left the forum and as GPB/WRS have been updated, the software no longer works. Without the source code, there's not a lot we can do (except creating a new one, which is not something I plan to do).

MaX.

presix

the speed graph is useful to improve your best lap because it shows you where you can push more. I often used it in the beta3... I look to the graph while driving to understand where my speed could be a little bit more higher.

HornetMaX

Quote from: presix on February 08, 2014, 06:27:08 PM
the speed graph is useful to improve your best lap because it shows you where you can push more. I often used it in the beta3... I look to the graph while driving to understand where my speed could be a little bit more higher.
The proper way to do this is with a telemetry analysis tool: knowing the speed without knowing the trajectory is not very useful.

What is on the X axis of the above graph in your opinion ?

MaX.