• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:48:11 AM

MaxHUD plugin

Started by HornetMaX, September 26, 2013, 04:34:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HornetMaX

Quote from: Boerenlater on March 06, 2016, 09:51:56 AM
Is it possible to show when the traction control kicks in on supported bikes?
No, as GPB does not pass this info.
Anyway, I think it's something GPB should show by itself on the dash (same for anti-wheeling).

Boerenlater

Quote from: HornetMaX on March 06, 2016, 09:04:29 AM
Yes, when you join the server, if your race number is already taken, you get a new one.
I can confirm this.
I stopped gaming (and GP-Bikes)

janaucarre

HornetMaX

Guys, is there any feedback on the radar thingy ? A few questions:

• Is it useful ?
  • Is it customizable enough ?
  • Does it make sense to have both the radar markers and the flying markers at the same time ? If not I'll just simplify it allowing to chose one or the other.

And where is Stout gone ? He seemed to need this very badly but I haven't heard from him since I've released it :)

doubledragoncc

I dont like flying markers they are more confusion for ME lol. The radar is perfect, love it and it dont need fade as you planed with no background it is clear enough and no distraction.

Great work bro, thanks

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

TFC

I love it.. Speaking from an MXB perspective I prefer the radar to the outer screen markers, so the option to have one or the other or both would be great but not essential. Of course it's use will most likely vary in GPB due to the distance of the bikes to lap time, in MXB an opponent is significantly closer with a 2 second gap than in gpb.. I think it's perfectly customisable. Again, talking from an MXB perspective.

HornetMaX

Quote from: TheFatController on March 11, 2016, 01:42:04 PM
... so the option to have one or the other or both would be great but not essential.
Yeah, the question is: should I keep the possibility to have both at the same time (and with different ranges) ?
If not, I could just have a single range and let you chose if you want the radar or the markers (but not both at the same time).

doubledragoncc

I think until more people bother to give you input Max leave it as it is so everyone can be happy. As it is ALL optional it will also allow people to try it over a period of time to really figure out what they like and what helps.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Blackheart

Quote from: HornetMaX on March 11, 2016, 01:33:15 PM
Guys, is there any feedback on the radar thingy ? A few questions:

• Is it useful ?
  • Is it customizable enough ?
  • Does it make sense to have both the radar markers and the flying markers at the same time ? If not I'll just simplify it allowing to chose one or the other.

And where is Stout gone ? He seemed to need this very badly but I haven't heard from him since I've released it :)

I like very much this addon, but in the track with two parts too close, (example; Snetterton) i see the radar switch on with the opponents very far.

HornetMaX

Quote from: Blackheart on March 11, 2016, 02:12:01 PM
I like very much this addon, but in the track with two parts too close, (example; Snetterton) i see the radar switch on with the opponents very far.
Hmm ... I thought I solved this, essentially for Suzuka :)
Will check, maybe I've just dropped the check that prevents that.

Hawk

I love the additions Max, and it's no distraction at all for me!  ;D

I have both the radar and the track map up on screen now, were before I didn't use the track map at all, but the map is now very useful to see were riders are relative to your position on track.
The only improvement I could see for that would be to have your rider stay in the centre of the map and the map move around you the rider. That would make it a lot easier with just a slight glance to assess your position relative to other riders, were as now I look at it and I'm having to waste time finding myself before I can assess my situation relative to everyone else, if you know what I mean?  :)
But yeah, I find the track map markers and the radar very useful indeed as a great situational awareness tool.

Yeah, I understand what Blacky is talking about if you get two bikes close together on different parts of the circuit they both show-up on the radar on the "Snetterton 2011 V1.0" track. This can be very distracting, almost like a false positive that there is another rider close by, but not sure you can do anything about that without restricting the range of the radar too much?

All in all a brilliant addition to your MaxHUD plugin mate! Well done!  ;D 8)

Hawk.

HornetMaX

Quote from: Hawk on March 11, 2016, 03:27:33 PM
The only improvement I could see for that would be to have your rider stay in the centre of the map and the map move around you the rider.
That's already possible: just click on the map rotate option (and eventually specify a smaller range, depending on what you need exactly).

Yeah, I understand what Blacky is talking about if you get two bikes close together on different parts of the circuit they both show-up on the radar on the "Snetterton 2011 V1.0" track. This can be very distracting, almost like a false positive that there is another rider close by, but not sure you can do anything about that without restricting the range of the radar too much?
I can, I can. I can detect if the vehicle is much behind in terms of "track distance" even if in terms of pure (euclidean) distance it is very close (e.g. on Suzuka, where the track crosses).

Hawk

Quote from: HornetMaX on March 11, 2016, 03:33:08 PM
The only improvement I could see for that would be to have your rider stay in the centre of the map and the map move around you the rider.
That's already possible: just click on the map rotate option (and eventually specify a smaller range, depending on what you need exactly).
Can we only have that function on the smaller ranges though? I presume the smaller range limits the view to a smaller section view of the track(I've not tried that feature yet). Personally I much prefer to see the whole track, that allows me to see how my mates are doing in the race too. Hehe   ;D

I can, I can. I can detect if the vehicle is much behind in terms of "track distance" even if in terms of pure (euclidean) distance it is very close (e.g. on Suzuka, where the track crosses).

Great news! Nice to know you can sort it out Max.  ;D

Hawk.

HornetMaX

Quote from: Hawk on March 11, 2016, 03:48:18 PM
Can we only have that function on the smaller ranges though? I presume the smaller range limits the view to a smaller section view of the track(I've not tried that feature yet). Personally I much prefer to see the whole track, that allows me to see how my mates are doing in the race too. Hehe   ;D
No, you can have full range and map rotating. The only detail is that the map will rotate around it's "center" and not around the bike position, i.e. the bike's dot won't be in the middle of the widget.

The bike's dot will be in the middle only if you use a range that makes the whole track not fit in the available space (i.e. the track will be translating).

If you enable rotation and put a small range, you have something like a roadbook.

Hawk

Quote from: HornetMaX on March 11, 2016, 05:16:33 PM
Quote from: Hawk on March 11, 2016, 03:48:18 PM
No, you can have full range and map rotating. The only detail is that the map will rotate around it's "center" and not around the bike position, i.e. the bike's dot won't be in the middle of the widget.

The bike's dot will be in the middle only if you use a range that makes the whole track not fit in the available space (i.e. the track will be translating).

If you enable rotation and put a small range, you have something like a roadbook.

So is there any chance you can implement to have an option to have the user-rider dot in the centre on the whole-map-view with the map rotating around it?  :)

Hawk.