• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:56:25 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

MaxHUD plugin

Started by HornetMaX, September 26, 2013, 04:34:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vini

Would be nice for commenting/explaining recorded battles and specifically hotlaps.

Since you know much better what is required for this "offline in-game telemetry" to work, could you post a request in the suggestions sections when you have time?

Napalm Nick

Sounds really great Max, thanks.
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

HornetMaX

Quote from: doubledragoncc on May 31, 2016, 07:44:21 PM
You are making it so things can be moved like with MaxHud yes?
Yes.

Quote from: vin97 on May 31, 2016, 07:55:58 PM
Would be nice for commenting/explaining recorded battles and specifically hotlaps.
Since you know much better what is required for this "offline in-game telemetry" to work, could you post a request in the suggestions sections when you have time?
To be sure I understand you right: you would like to have in a non-live replay (i.e. loaded from a saved replay and/or while spectating on track but going to a point in the past from the live replay) the same features you have in a "live" replay (spectate mode), correct ?

Are we speaking only about: map, standings with gaps, current bike inputs (e.g. throttle/brake etc) ?

If yes, I can try to ask Pib about that but to be honest, the use for all this is pretty thin (so I'd expect this to be done only if it's trivial for him to implement it).

Hawk

May 31, 2016, 09:56:56 PM #408 Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 10:06:22 PM by Hawk
Quote from: HornetMaX on May 31, 2016, 06:57:18 PM
Quote from: vin97 on May 31, 2016, 06:31:43 PM
hmm, maybe a suggestion for piboso?

imo it's necessary for proper race streams.
Hmm .. I think we must stick to piboso terminology: on track = riding, spectate = you're watching a live replay (that's what you do when broadcasting), replay = non-live replay (either loaded replay or spectating but not live).

So, when spectating, there will be something that will show the gaps between riders. Most likely I'll go with a simple tall widget on the left, with the place, the race number (or 3 letters from the rider name), and the gap from the leader (or from the rider before). Update won't be really live: too many numbers spinning around, confusing. It could be updated at every lap or every split or every X seconds.

Bottom line, while spectating you'll have the map, the standings with the gaps and (most likely) the throttle/brake/RPM/speed/gear of the bike being watched.

It's almost done but I've had a bit of delay: just for fun I've tried out plenty of C++11 features, pretty cool stuff :)

The format I'd go with for the widget on the left hand side would be: [Place Number(Fixed Pos)]|[Rider Name(Dynamic Pos)]|[Rider Number(#)(Dynamic Pos)]|[Time Difference from Leader(Dynamic Pos)].

I may have misunderstood, but as I understood from what you said above, what worries me is the lack of update cycle frequency. Surely it could go through the start of an update cycle every 2-3 seconds depending on whether an update was needed at the time?
To have to wait till the next track sector marker or S/F line would surely be too big a gap in updating the rider positions on a live screen?

EDIT: I'd also have the [Rider-Name] flash 2 or 3 times just before a change of position on screen.  :)

Hawk.

HornetMaX

Quote from: Hawk on May 31, 2016, 09:56:56 PM
To have to wait till the next track sector marker or S/F line would surely be too big a gap in updating the rider positions on a live screen?
It can update much faster than that (I think it's roughly at 10hz), but trust me: if you have 10-15 numbers on screen each of them updated at 10Hz, your eyes will bleed in no time. It's useless and bad. Check how it's done in F1 / MotoGP: it doesn't update very fast (actually they typically don't show all the gaps for long time neither).

The position on the map will update as fast as possible, of course. No problem there.

Don't worry, you're gonna love it :)

Hawk

Quote from: HornetMaX on May 31, 2016, 10:05:59 PM
It can update much faster than that (I think it's roughly at 10hz), but trust me: if you have 10-15 numbers on screen each of them updated at 10Hz, your eyes will bleed in no time. It's useless and bad. Check how it's done in F1 / MotoGP: it doesn't update very fast (actually they typically don't show all the gaps for long time neither).

The position on the map will update as fast as possible, of course. No problem there.

Okay Max.  ;) 8)
Can't wait to see this..... Sounds FANTASTIC!!!  ;D ;D 8) 8)

Thanks for doing this Max.... Really appreciate all the work you do here mate!  ;D ;D 8) 8)

Hawk.

Meyer#12

Quote from: Hawk on May 31, 2016, 10:10:02 PM
Quote from: HornetMaX on May 31, 2016, 10:05:59 PM

Okay Max.  ;) 8)
Can't wait to see this..... Sounds FANTASTIC!!!  ;D ;D 8) 8)

Thanks for doing this Max.... Really appreciate all the work you do here mate!  ;D ;D 8) 8)

Hawk.

+ 1.000.000 on this one mate!

I am 100% sure it will be great and can't wait to see it! Love your MaxHUD!
Meyer#12

Warlock

Thank you Max, all this will make us very happy  :) and make racing a really enjoyable thing, even with cores  ::)

Vini

Quote from: HornetMaX on May 31, 2016, 09:47:08 PM
Quote from: vin97 on May 31, 2016, 07:55:58 PM
To be sure I understand you right: you would like to have in a non-live replay (i.e. loaded from a saved replay and/or while spectating on track but going to a point in the past from the live replay) the same features you have in a "live" replay (spectate mode), correct ?
That's exactly what I mean.

Quote from: HornetMaX on May 31, 2016, 09:47:08 PMAre we speaking only about: map, standings with gaps, current bike inputs (e.g. throttle/brake etc) ?
Yes but curious as to why you ask like that :D
Is there anything else (apart from dash/cockpit detail) that is available when spectating (live) but isn't when watching the replay "offline"?

Quote from: HornetMaX on May 31, 2016, 09:47:08 PMIf yes, I can try to ask Pib about that but to be honest, the use for all this is pretty thin (so I'd expect this to be done only if it's trivial for him to implement it).
Woud be great, Max!

Quote from: Warlock on May 31, 2016, 10:19:18 PM
Thank you Max, all this will make us very happy  :) and make racing a really enjoyable thing, even with cores  ::)
+1

HornetMaX

Quote from: vin97 on May 31, 2016, 10:55:12 PM
Yes but curious as to why you ask like that :D
Is there anything else (apart from dash/cockpit detail) that is available when spectating (live) but isn't when watching the replay "offline"?
Yes. At the moment position and standings are not available in non-live replays (so no map, no standings in offline replays). I'd have to ask Piboso to provide them (if possible/easy).

Vini

Could you add steering input and vertical rider lean to the Inputs widget?

HornetMaX

Quote from: vin97 on June 05, 2016, 08:27:09 AM
Could you add steering input and vertical rider lean to the Inputs widget?
Steering is already there: the bike lean input is taken from the joypad, the steering is the steering angle (bars angle) as realized by the virtual rider.

For the rider lean: I don't know ow much the rider is actually leaning (GPB does not pass that info).
But if you configure properly the Joypad widget, you can see all analog axes used, so that should do it. Would work only on track (no replay or spectating).

Vini

Yes, "steering" shows the steering angle but for me, "lean input" shows horizontal rider lean input.
That's why I figured putting an additional vertical bar for vertical rider lean input would be no problem.
...Not a fan of too many widgets in my FoV.

And of course seeing the actual steering/lean angle input would be nice.

HornetMaX

Quote from: vin97 on June 05, 2016, 11:10:09 AM
Yes, "steering" shows the steering angle but for me, "lean input" shows horizontal rider lean input.
Because you haven't configured the Inputs widget properly. You have to tell it which is your lean axis: he can't figure it out by itself :)

Vini

ah damn
ok but my point still stands, would be nice to have it all in one small widget rather than having to put the joystick widget into your FOV.