• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 11:11:41 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

MaxHUD plugin

Started by HornetMaX, September 26, 2013, 04:34:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matty0l215

We would like to do progress updates but the bike model doesn't change :P

Purely physics :D
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

BOBR6 84

physics is more important.

HornetMaX

Quote from: Hawk on July 15, 2016, 06:03:09 PM
@Max: I noticed that the rider status overlay doesn't work on replays.... Is it not possible to have the rider status overlay showing/working on replays? Would be good if it could.  ;D 8)
It can only work in "live replays", i.e. when spectating live (i.e. you're in an online server, you go "replay" and you spectate without going "back in time").

For loaded replays it can't work (as GPB does not pass the standing info in loaded replays).
For non-live replays I switched it off, as it would show the standings live, not the ones at the point in time you're looking at (confusing).

Not sure I'm clear :)

Warlock

Quote from: BOBR6 84 on July 15, 2016, 09:31:43 PM
if anybody asks about the work going on.. its all.. be patient, stop asking etc etc.. like we're all clueless peasants.

Please don't take it wrong m8, we would need 20 forum pages to explain whats going on , the ton of updates we've been doing to the bikes we are working on. The ton of tests with sometimes good sometimes bad results. Searching for real race bikes power curves, suspensions, etc, etc. Really is nothing relevant to put on this forum. It's all about physics and feelings , change suspensions, change tyres, change...test, change...test,...change...test.

Also we dont want to put any pressure on modders, they are doing enough, we are working in a lot of bikes. We will release them when we are happy with the bikes or reach a point where we can't do better.

We havn't even worked on the 3D models as Matty said.

davidboda46

Hi, I have a question Max. Is it possible to reset max lean angle data automatically after a crash? Cause as it is now, the last maximum lean angle that is shown is the one from the off, and that is most often more than you get when you stay on two wheels. My idea is to leave the crash max angle until the player resets the bike, then the max angle i reset as well. Is this possible? Is it a good idea?

Cheers and thanks for all your hard work!

/David "Gonzo" Boda #46
"THE EDGE... THERE IS NO HONEST WAY TO EXPLAIN IT BECAUSE THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO REALLY KNOW WHERE IT IS ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE GONE OVER"

HornetMaX

Quote from: davidboda46 on July 15, 2016, 11:01:45 PM
Hi, I have a question Max. Is it possible to reset max lean angle data automatically after a crash? Cause as it is now, the last maximum lean angle that is shown is the one from the off, and that is most often more than you get when you stay on two wheels. My idea is to leave the crash max angle until the player resets the bike, then the max angle i reset as well. Is this possible? Is it a good idea?

Cheers and thanks for all your hard work!
Sounds like a good idea, I'll have a look. Pinned in my oh so long todo list :)

Hawk

Quote from: HornetMaX on July 15, 2016, 10:12:16 PM
Quote from: Hawk on July 15, 2016, 06:03:09 PM
@Max: I noticed that the rider status overlay doesn't work on replays.... Is it not possible to have the rider status overlay showing/working on replays? Would be good if it could.  ;D 8)
It can only work in "live replays", i.e. when spectating live (i.e. you're in an online server, you go "replay" and you spectate without going "back in time").

For loaded replays it can't work (as GPB does not pass the standing info in loaded replays).
For non-live replays I switched it off, as it would show the standings live, not the ones at the point in time you're looking at (confusing).

Not sure I'm clear :)

No worries Max. I understand what your saying there..... We'll just have to hope that Piboso can somehow pass that info on for the non-live replays too at some stage in the future so we can then have the rider standings showing and working for non-live replays too. Thanks for the explanation mate.  ;) 8)

Hawk.

HornetMaX

Quote from: doubledragoncc on July 13, 2016, 10:02:48 PM
Fuck my stump m8!!! Brilliant work. The helmet on reverse is PERFECTAMUNDO for the actual angle of my head when I am riding in GPB. Fantastic work.
Glad it works fine DD. Which settings do you use (tilt in GPB, tilt factor in the helmet widget).

doubledragoncc

I have not played with it fully yet but for now GPB tilt is 50 and MaxHud is reversed rotation and 20 tilt and is practically the actual angle of my head when I am leaning.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

C21

QuoteHi, I have a question Max. Is it possible to reset max lean angle data automatically after a crash? Cause as it is now, the last maximum lean angle that is shown is the one from the off, and that is most often more than you get when you stay on two wheels. My idea is to leave the crash max angle until the player resets the bike, then the max angle i reset as well. Is this possible? Is it a good idea?
+1 on that !!
Really good idea.
# Member of the CAWS Racing Team #

HornetMaX

V2.0.2 (2016/08/22) out:

• HUDLean: steering line added back again.
  • Added option to hide/show background to widgets that were missing it.
  • Fixed nasty bug in HUDMap.
  • HUDSpeed now also work sin replay (both live and saved).
  • HUDSpeed now also shows throttle and brake (brake won't show in live/saved replays as not passed by the sim).
  • Random fixes here and there.

doubledragoncc

GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

davidboda46

Awesome Max! Thanks.

Cheers,

/David "Gonzo" Boda #46
"THE EDGE... THERE IS NO HONEST WAY TO EXPLAIN IT BECAUSE THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO REALLY KNOW WHERE IT IS ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE GONE OVER"

Vini

nice as always

can't wait for the day when we will have proper motogp-grade (telemetry) overlays available for replays.
really looking forward to the race coverage we will hopefully be able to produce once PiBoSo upgrades the netcode to include all the necessary data.

PeterV

Thx Max, appriciated.