• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:56:17 PM

MaxHUD plugin

Started by HornetMaX, September 26, 2013, 04:34:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HornetMaX

@lkslodzkzn and @r1rossi: could you test the version that you can find at that link and tell me if it works with Win XP ?

https://mega.nz/#F!4RViHaAS!Nyl1f_D-l04JKw8N_aJAlw

lkslodzkzn

ok no problem give me 15 min

lkslodzkzn

October 19, 2016, 08:36:18 PM #602 Last Edit: October 19, 2016, 09:34:23 PM by lkslodzkzn
Unfortunately not work(caps lock and nothing). MaxHud.ini not creating in Piboso folder on main documents this is my path C:\Documents and Settings\(my name)\Moje dokumenty\PiBoSo
in screenshoot my versions of installed vc redist ( i think this is no problem because no errors on start GPB) regards thanks for engagement mate.

HornetMaX

Hmm strange. Can you post a screenshot of your plugins folder and of your PiBoSo folder ?

lkslodzkzn

HornetMaX

October 19, 2016, 09:59:52 PM #605 Last Edit: October 19, 2016, 10:09:34 PM by HornetMaX
Hmm weird. Silly question: are you using GPB beta9, right ?

Other than that, there's only one extra thing you may want to try: install GPB into another folder (not under Program Files, for example you could use "D:/TEST/GP Bikes").
The run it once (the one newly installed, not the old one), quit and edit core.ini (in "D:/TEST/GP Bikes") and set "compatibility=10" ([windows] section), then save the .ini, install the plugin in your new GP bike folder ("D:/TEST/GP Bikes/gpbikes/plugins") and run GPB. It will *not* use the usual PiBoSo/GP Bikes folder unde "My Documents", but it will write everything (profiles, MaxHUD.ini etc) under "D:/TEST/GP Bikes/gpbikes".

EDIT: compatibility=0 (not 1)

lkslodzkzn

October 20, 2016, 03:11:37 AM #606 Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 04:25:01 AM by lkslodzkzn
Hi max i was make what You tell i install fresh Gpb in d:\test\..... change the compatibility to 0
and the same caps lock nothing MaxHUD.ini not created... i am confused now i am deleted test Gpb and go back to original Gpb in program files like before. @r1rossi did he wrote You something? thanks ps and on Your Gpb folder Piboso is saved in documents or installation folder?

HornetMaX

I use compatibility=0 for personal reasons, but the plugin works with both settings.
I have another idea that may help (I have to recompile some libs with the xp-friendly settings), hopefully I'll be able to do this tonight.

HornetMaX

@lkslodzkzn: another test. Go here (https://mega.nz/#F!4RViHaAS!Nyl1f_D-l04JKw8N_aJAlw) and download the file DummyPlugin.dlo, put it in the "plugins" folder of GP Bikes.
It's just the plugin example code provided by PiBoSo, modified to write something to a log file: it doesn't show anything on screen.

Then run GP Bikes, start a test session, exit GP Bikes.

You should find a file named "gpbikes_log.txt" either in your GP Bikes directory (e.g C:\Program Files\GP Bikes\gpbikes, or wherever you have installed GPB) or in the PiBoSo/GP Bikes folder under "My Documents" (or Documents and Settings/ bla bla/ ...), with some content like:

Startup
Event init
Bike Murasama RC990 2003
Limiter: 16200
Max RPM: 16200
Category: GP1000
Track: Victoria Circuit
Track Length: 4447
Shutdown

Does this work ? Do you see the "gpbikes_log.txt" file ?

lkslodzkzn

Hi Yes i have it was create in D:\Program Files\GP Bikes\gpbikes

HornetMaX

Quote from: lkslodzkzn on October 20, 2016, 08:53:26 PM
Hi Yes i have it was create in D:\Program Files\GP Bikes\gpbikes
OK, then I may have to try to recompile one lib that I use to ensure it's xp-frinedly and then everything should work.
It's just extra annoying but I'll have a look.

HornetMaX

@lkslodzkzn: another test. Download this: https://mega.nz/#!1Vl1BYYC!WXwYNxv5FLrhCZ3HUeXJJpj0z43ZzZFpVuLKPyG2abA (MaXHUD - v2.0.5-XPTEST2.zip)

Install as usual and let me know if it works.

lkslodzkzn

I am sorry mate  but the same situation ini not created caps lock nothing...

HornetMaX

Arrghh ! I'm not I'll be able to help much more, I have no XP system at home so it's a nightmare to do this remotely.

One more try: download this (http://www.dependencywalker.com/depends22_x86.zip) and unzip it somewhere (even on desktop, no installation is required).

The run it and drag&drop the MaxHUD.dlo (the latest one, from the archive MaXHUD - v2.0.5-XPTEST2.zip) into DependecyWalker.
The File/Save (or save icon) and save the .dwi file and email it to me.

lkslodzkzn

Ok but i can drag and drop MaxHud.dlo straight from zip or from gp bikes plugins folder after runing GPB?