• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

Field Of View

Started by camillozockt, March 04, 2014, 12:26:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

camillozockt

My question :

Is it possible to make a ''dynamic field of view'' ?
For example : If you hit 220 km/h (136mph) , from that point the field of view is increasing ! you would feel the speed much better !!

I tried putting the field of view to 110 (changed in the profile.config ) and when i ride 130 km/h (80mph) it looks really fast and feels much better !!

maybe its a stupid wish/suggestion , but tell me or opinion  :)

Alby46

i think you can do what you're saying if you use manual f/b rider movement
Still riding a 50cc, but enjoying it :)

HornetMaX

Not sure it makes a lot of sense to have it change according to speed.

One paper with some interesting remarks: http://ftp.mpik-tueb.mpg.de/pub/kyb/bresciani/papers/pretto09.pdf (read the conclusions).

Notice however that when you play on a screen, the screen may render a FOV as big as you want, buy your eyes still see only ... well, the size of the screen.
See the numbers on page 140 (funny the kart setup !).

MaX.

camillozockt

thanks for your response guys ,

i meant to say something like a tunnel view

because when i increase the field of view to about 120 it gives me that effect like in the picture and everything seems faster !

i thought to make it dynamic ! so if you hit 220 km/h , from that point the field of view is also increasing and that effect(picture) will also increase !
the faster you go the more FOV ''tunnel view'' !!

janaucarre

I don't need this effect because it is almost here,  at 50km/h the track seems large width, and at 300km/h the track seems very smaller. It could be interesting to can increase, by choice, this kind of feeling but not changing it definitely ingame.

HornetMaX

Quote from: camillozockt on March 04, 2014, 02:42:36 PM
because when i increase the field of view to about 120 it gives me that effect like in the picture and everything seems faster !
Yeah but how distorted are the images with a fov at 120 ?!

Anyway, the varying fov is just not a good idea in my opinion, it just does not make sense from the start.

MaX.

camillozockt

hey guys ,

I think you are right and maybe what i mean has more to do with ''motion blur?'' !!