• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

Dynamic bike collision simulation?

Started by davidboda46, March 06, 2014, 05:16:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

davidboda46

I think this has been discussed before but I'm not sure so I'll bring up the subject anyway. I was wondering about the possibility of dynamic bike collisions. As it is now the slightest touch between two bikes results in a mutual crash. But in bike racing rider trade paint (on purpose or not) on a fairly regular basis (classics like Rossi punting Gibernau of the track or when Marquez moved Jorge out of the way, at ironically at Lorenzo corner). Sometimes a rider accidentally hits the rear wheel of the other rider and a lot of times only one of them goes down (usually the rider that's hitting the rear wheel). Is there a way to implement physics that can take things like angle/speed and placement of the contact in account? I'm not saying that riders and bikes shouldn't crash at all, you should't be able to T-bone a rider and get away with it but maybe not every contact needs to result in an mutual instant wipe out?

Cheers

/David "Gonzo" Boda #46
"THE EDGE... THERE IS NO HONEST WAY TO EXPLAIN IT BECAUSE THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO REALLY KNOW WHERE IT IS ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE GONE OVER"

Hawk

Yes I agree with you David, and it does need sorting out because at this time all you have to do is touch another rider and your rider bails pronto! LOL

I presume Piboso will be looking into the possibilities of this issue before GP Bikes becomes a final release?

HornetMaX

One of the things that is annoying today is that the rider tends to be ejected from the bike even from what looks like a minor bump (e.g. on some curbs).

MaX.

Warlock

Quote from: HornetMaX on March 06, 2014, 07:42:31 AM
One of the things that is annoying today is that the rider tends to be ejected from the bike even from what looks like a minor bump (e.g. on some curbs).

MaX.

Yes, ....a scared rider   lol

C21

Maybe Piboso can use something from MXBikes for the GPBike rider model because in Motocross is a lot more body contact than in RoadRacing....
# Member of the CAWS Racing Team #

Hawk

Quote from: C21 on March 06, 2014, 10:15:44 PM
Maybe Piboso can use something from MXBikes for the GPBike rider model because in Motocross is a lot more body contact than in RoadRacing....

Yes. I did post on the thread Piboso started on MXBikes that he needs to make sure that the bike/rider collision model would need to be a detailed model for online racing due to the greater contact that goes on with MXBike racing. MXBikes looks great at the moment riding around on it's own, but when guys go online and start to bump each other in the corners then if the collision model is the same as for GP Bikes then it wouldn't work at all. I did notice that Piboso never responded to my post, so I'd guess that the MXBikes collision model has yet to be refined to cope.  :)