• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 04:00:39 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Bike Mods

Started by Ian, March 23, 2014, 12:41:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian

Is it possible to make the game check which Mod bikes are on the server then compare them to the ones you have installed and tell you which ones are wrong?
Or could a stand alone program do the same job contact server check your game?
If you don,t follow the forum religiously It becomes quite frustrating working out which bike is wrong and this has stopped me form going online the last 2 attempts.
The delete everything and download again is ok for fast connections,but not workable when you fancy a quick game.There needs to be a fast easy solution.
I am not criticizing how the mods are handled  Klax75 is doing a great job,but how many are not playing because of this issue.
Can we learn form other modded games how do they handle this problem.

Hawk

Quote from: Ian on March 23, 2014, 12:41:28 PM
Is it possible to make the game check which Mod bikes are on the server then compare them to the ones you have installed and tell you which ones are wrong?
Or could a stand alone program do the same job contact server check your game?
If you don,t follow the forum religiously It becomes quite frustrating working out which bike is wrong and this has stopped me form going online the last 2 attempts.
The delete everything and download again is ok for fast connections,but not workable when you fancy a quick game.There needs to be a fast easy solution.
I am not criticizing how the mods are handled  Klax75 is doing a great job,but how many are not playing because of this issue.
Can we learn form other modded games how do they handle this problem.

I believe this issue is why Klax set Bike mod updates to only twice a month because the Bike mods were being updated that often that people were losing track of whether they were upto date or not.
So now all you have to do is remember that if you updated on the 1st of the month and look on the Bike Mod forum thread and if there hasn't been any further up dates since you last updated then your okay, otherwise just update with whatever bike mode has been listed as updated since the 1st of the month... likewise from the 14th of the month.
It's also a good idea to keep a record of the Bike Mod version(version 1.55 currently) as it does state on the Bike Mod thread which version is current, so that will also tell you if you have the correct version installed. The version number changes with each update. ;)

Hope this helps. :)

LoriX

Maybe we could set something like this up? I remember it from some rFactor online league, we just had to click update and it would update the whole mod/trackpacks/etc.

http://www.simsync.de/

Alby46

It would be a great idea
Still riding a 50cc, but enjoying it :)

Ian

Quote from: Hawk_UK on March 23, 2014, 12:52:30 PM

I believe this issue is why Klax set Bike mod updates to only twice a month because the Bike mods were being updated that often that people were losing track of whether they were upto date or not.
So now all you have to do is remember that if you updated on the 1st of the month and look on the Bike Mod forum thread and if there hasn't been any further up dates since you last updated then your okay, otherwise just update with whatever bike mode has been listed as updated since the 1st of the month... likewise from the 14th of the month.
It's also a good idea to keep a record of the Bike Mod version(version 1.55 currently) as it does state on the Bike Mod thread which version is current, so that will also tell you if you have the correct version installed. The version number changes with each update. ;)

Hope this helps. :)
I was thinking more of a automated approach even a plugin to track and Mod versions.
What I am trying to get across is I am not a dedicated player now(need someone to make arcade physics, game is way to tricky for me)
With less time to sit at the computer,the last 2 attempts to play online have been cut short with data miss match on bikes and tracks.
With a spare hour here and there to play the game, my game time has been lost trying to figure whats wrong.
Download and reinstall is the only option but that takes a long time with my connection.
The end result is I am not playing anymore,the game doesn't work with my casual gaming approach
So now I think bollocks to it I will wait for Piboso next game update, and start fresh.
I guess I am not the only one thinking the same the servers are empty which is a pity because its a fantastic game.
I am not criticizing the game I am just highlighting my feelings as a more casual player now,it doesn't have to be just for the hardcore players.

Hawk

An auto update would be a great idea, but would also require a lot of organisation and commitment.

Arcade game physics and features, from what I have gathered, is absolutely out of the question. Piboso and most of the community agree and want it kept a dedicated sim.

As far as your connection speed is concerned, maybe it would be a good idea to upgrade your connection speed if possible? Most online gaming requires a decent connection speed these days to enjoy to the full. :)

If you could just find a couple of hours of dedicated practice per week you would soon become competent(Not winning material, but competent to enjoy the races). I don't know how long you have owned GP Bikes or practiced, but "Rome wasn't built in a day"..... It takes time and dedication to become competent with GP Bikes. I personally have not got the time to practice much either, I have owned GP Bikes for about 12 months now, and I'm no way near the speed of a lot of these guys here, but I enjoy the racing even though I often get lapped. Hehe.  ;D ;D

I can only suggest that if it's the hardcore element of a genuine race bike sim that is putting you off then maybe, and I seriously mean no disrespect when I say this, but maybe it would be best to stick with MotoGP 2013 or similar if you want an easier game to play without having to put in so much practice to ride well.  But my personal advice would be to stick with GP Bikes and just keep practicing as much as you can, and eventually everything will just start to click and you will enjoy and appreciate GP Bikes so much more than any other so called bike sims on the market at this time. Also remember that GP Bikes is still in Beta format so still got a lot of developing and improvements to come... things can only get better...  Stick with it mate! Believe me, it'll be worth it! ;) ;D

Hope this helps mate.  ;)

Ian

Quote from: Hawk_UK on March 23, 2014, 05:50:38 PM
An auto update would be a great idea, but would also require a lot of organisation and commitment.

I was thinking of a easy method to check what you have installed and compare it to whats on the server so casual gamers can pick it up and play easier.
Just take the guess work out.

Quote from: Hawk_UK on March 23, 2014, 05:50:38 PM
Arcade game physics and features, from what I have gathered, is absolutely out of the question. Piboso and most of the community agree and want it kept a dedicated sim.

I worded that wrong, the 600 are the step in the right direction for me far easier to ride, they have just taken the edge of the handling.