• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 03:32:56 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Hey Guys! new here, need a little help with modding

Started by SA_22, March 25, 2014, 12:46:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SA_22

Just picked up gp bikes.. ex bike owner ( UK weather sucks too much) + i've played numerous hours on other bike games, slowly getting to grips with this game. but i still suck!!

trying to work out how the modding works for this game.. have alot of experience with 3d and 2d but struggling to understand how to get stuff in game.

have all of the folders set up, thats not the problem... problem is getting from Photoshop to the game with the 'paint' tool.

if any one could help me understand it more or link me to somewhere i can learn it that would be awesome!

also wondering if it is possible to pull the bike, rider and helmet models from the game with their textures (normal map etc) to use while texturing?

thx guys

SA

and i'm sorry if i crash into you!!!! :D

Hawk

Hi SA_22.

Here is a useful link for modders: http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=544.0.

For painting the bike/rider/helmet you need the paint template for the particular bike or helmet you want to paint. Unfortunately no one has yet created a bike/helmet paint template database so I cannot point you to a particular place to download them all; but if you post a request for a bike paint template on the Mods/Paints section of the GP Bikes forum I'm sure one of the guys will be able to point you in the right direction or even provide you with a download link.

Hope this helps.  ;)

PS: Just found one template: http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?action=post;topic=870.0;last_msg=9464.
Also take a look through the forum MODS section, "Paints" or "Bikes" threads as some of the guys post templates when they post new paints or bike mods. But probably best to do as I suggested above, just ask and someone will help for sure.  :)

SA_22

thanks Hawk!

yeah i checked that already seems abit vague and confusing as far as bringing in a mesh... maybe i'm not seeing the right page tho

yea i think i've worked the paint part out.. had the file extension wrong so it wasn't picking it up. durrrr :D

templates are needed but with out a psd with separated layers for the shading etc.. its alot of work to clean up, as i've just done with my helmet i'm making.

having the models would be super helpful too... not having to run it throw the exporter and then load up the game to check it is a huge pain... if i was able to throw the mesh in marmoset for example, it would save so much time and head trauma!!!  :o

Super wippy helmet so far...

again thanks for the welcome, i'll try twice as hard not to crash into you!  :P ::) :o

Hawk

I know what you mean about wanting the original PSD paint files with all the layers, it does make life so much easier.

Just thought I'd throw these your way. They are the default GP Bike meshes for use in 3ds Max : https://mega.co.nz/#F!fcNHUCBY!5KpGD34kLliteLNHtU5eyw
Not sure what you can do with them because they have been ripped(Not by me), hence the meshes are in tri's not quads. But you can maybe use them as a sort of template?

Hope they will help you in some way. ;)

PS: Yeah... if you can avoid me but bump into everyone else I might actually win a race for once. Hehe  ;D ;D

SA_22

tri's are fine as long as they still have their UV's.

quad are made up of 2 tri's, quads get turned into tri's in most engines... nothing to be scarred off for game art!  ;)

plan to use the meshes in marmoset http://www.marmoset.co/toolbag while working in photoshop... crazy helpful tool. guys should check it out if you havn't already

would save all the pain of exporting with the painter and loading up the game each time you want to check something... with marmoset you hit save and it auto updates.

lol... starting to get to grips with the gsxr 600 on tracks i know, was using the kwak 600 but that shit would throw the front alot for me!  :-\

SwarleyRuiz

I use the google translator

Youtube: SwarleyRuiz Video of Games Racing.

LoriX

SA_22

thanks guys!

what time do people normally start getting online?... can only have so much fun with myself!!!  ;) :o

Arvoss

Quote from: SA_22 on March 26, 2014, 06:46:37 AM
thanks guys!

what time do people normally start getting online?... can only have so much fun with myself!!!  ;) :o

Between 19.00h and 22.00h UK time. Make sure you often take a look at the server stat page ( http://stats.gp-bikes.com/servers.php ) to see which tracks you need to download. It's possible that there is a server with 12 guys but that you can't see it because you don't have the track. ;)

HornetMaX

Quote from: SA_22 on March 25, 2014, 12:46:20 AM
Just picked up gp bikes.. ex bike owner ( UK weather sucks too much)
I feel your pain main.

Moved to Scotland last august (from Antibes, France), had to sell the bike. I'm literally counting the seconds till the day I leave this wet country behind me and go back to some sun. And biking.

MaX.