• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 08:12:54 AM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

If you start a race FINISH it

Started by Warlock, March 28, 2014, 10:41:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warlock

Just started a race with 5 guys, in lap 2 i was alone !!!  >:(

Its just fu***ng annoying. You guys only keep in race if you are in first position or what ??  ..... for your information, only one can win.
If you are not going to finish the race , don't start , don't make a poll , don't vote.

iVolution

Completely agree.

As I, and most others riding in front of the group, we all fell down multiple times when we just started and finishing every race is what makes you better in the end. If you always quit the race when driving in the back you'll never learn how to do it. Even if I keep on falling and its my worst race ever I still will not quit since it is learning from the mistakes that makes me a better rider.

Klax75

I agree.

I also find it very annoying, when the leading pack's race is run the stop dead on the track and chat. I've been in races where I maybe a lap down so I still have a lap or two to go. Yet the front runners stop on track because it's over for them. Or they just stop the server all together since they are finished. So then my race is cut short, or I have to weave between people in the middle of the track.

I wish races didn't count until you did a cool down lap and went back to the pits.

Hawk

Quote from: iVolution on March 28, 2014, 10:58:37 PM
Even if I keep on falling and its my worst race ever I still will not quit since it is learning from the mistakes that makes me a better rider.

+1 I absolutely agree.  ;)

Quote from: Klax75 on March 28, 2014, 11:21:25 PM
I wish races didn't count until you did a cool down lap and went back to the pits.

This would be a great idea Klax!  Maybe all competitors have to park their bike in a parc ferme area in the pits before their results counted? ;D

iVolution

Quote from: Klax75 on March 28, 2014, 11:21:25 PM
I agree.

I also find it very annoying, when the leading pack's race is run the stop dead on the track and chat. I've been in races where I maybe a lap down so I still have a lap or two to go. Yet the front runners stop on track because it's over for them. Or they just stop the server all together since they are finished. So then my race is cut short, or I have to weave between people in the middle of the track.\
I think I might be guilty to that behavior in some form. As far as I know the race stops once everybody has passed the start/finish after the leading guy finishes his race. This usually is indicated by the numbers appearing on the bottom of the screen. It does not matter how many laps you are behind, once the race leader has finished, your race is finished as well when passing the finish line (as in real life racing).

So it is not weird that everybody starts fooling around when the race is over, because those laps you are trying to fullfil do not count.

Klax75

If you're a lap down you get a counter that gives you 4 minutes or so from when the leader crossed the line. For you to finish your lap.

Arvoss

Same problem on the Paul Ricard WSS server. We're often 8-10 now but after 2 corners we're 4... The guys that leave/retire are the guys that are voting to start a race and they can't even do 1 lap without crashing...

iVolution

Quote from: Klax75 on March 29, 2014, 10:14:47 PM
If you're a lap down you get a counter that gives you 4 minutes or so from when the leader crossed the line. For you to finish your lap.
Yes, you have 4 minutes to finish the lap that you are currently on, not to do the lap that you are running behind. If this was the case it would be impossible to do a victory lap or would create a lot of dangerous situations in real life with some people driving 300 km/h and others waving at the crowd with 50 km/h. It should be impossible for people to be in your way because when you cross the line your race is over as well, no matter how many laps behind.

iVolution

Quote from: Arvoss on March 30, 2014, 05:07:22 PM
Same problem on the Paul Ricard WSS server. We're often 8-10 now but after 2 corners we're 4... The guys that leave/retire are the guys that are voting to start a race and they can't even do 1 lap without crashing...
Yes just had the same thing again. Getting used to finishing alone now :/

Warlock

Is ridiculous, most times races are 6 laps, ...about 10 or 12 minutes, can't they finish it?  >:(

BozoCRO

Quote from: Warlock on March 30, 2014, 07:53:04 PM
Is ridiculous, most times races are 6 laps, ...about 10 or 12 minutes, can't they finish it?  >:(

I think the problem is people crash in the first laps and just give up.

Arvoss

When I crash I just think that the riders in front of me are also going to crash further in a race. Most of the time it is the case :P Except when JamoZ (Or another legend :P ) rides in front of me lol

HornetMaX

My personal rule: never ever participate in a race "voted" online by whoever. Problem solved. :)

MaX.

Klax75

I also find it view annoying when I am on a server for practice, and random rider keeps slowing down to race me and not asking me first. So then it throws off my paces because I am not sure what they are doing. I'm working on setup or trying to learn to make better setups. Yes, I can do that offline, but offline you can exchange ideas with people or ask questions. Or have your lap times count.