• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 06:40:41 AM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Cold Turkey Test Race 2

Started by PeterV, March 31, 2014, 09:00:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PeterV

March 31, 2014, 09:00:22 PM Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 05:51:58 PM by PeterV
    GPBikes Beta4b

Race Event

Race Setup

• Conditions dry, no wind
    • Limited Tire sets
    • Cockpit only view
    • Practice 30 minutes
    • Qualifying 15 minutes
    • Sightning lap
    • Warmup lap
    • Race 11 laps (50% race distance)

Riders (are whitelisted, so no password)

• PeterV
    • Hawk_UK
    • Klax75
    • Arvoss
    • Davide74
    • Warlock
    • davidboda46
    • kerazxo
    • Nuovaic

Wildcard

• Cold Turkey server is up, so you can practice, Vote system enabled, so you can skip sessions if need be.
    • Post here to say you're in for the race, if so i will put you're name in the list of 14. Full=Full
    • All bikes from the Modbike 1.6.0, classed as 1000cc can be used. (see picture)
    • Any liveries that you want too use , send them too me or post a link in here. I will make sure they end up in the wright place.  ;D
    [/list][/list][/list][/list][/list]

Hawk

Klax75

Warlock

davidboda46

I'm in... but I'm getting really frustrated... .
    "THE EDGE... THERE IS NO HONEST WAY TO EXPLAIN IT BECAUSE THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO REALLY KNOW WHERE IT IS ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE GONE OVER"

Arvoss

Warlock

Quote from: davidboda46 on March 31, 2014, 09:25:28 PM
    I'm in... but I'm getting really frustrated... .

I understand m8, but please we need you there to check if is there a problem with dynamic surface on tracks, there is a chance to solve your problem, or at least have your feedback. Thank you.

Hawk

Are we going with Bike MOD 1.6 for this next test? Or for test reasons sake are we sticking with Bike MOD 1.5? It would be interesting if Bike MOD 1.6 solves any problems, though I can't see it making much difference to the problems we're experiencing?

Also, has anyone considered that the Cold Turkey Race was the first time we have held a race with cockpit view only and that this may be some reason for these problems? I'm just thinking of any unique differences and why these probs have only just started to occur since that Cold Turkey Cockpit view only race, and other previous races have been relatively trouble free.

It maybe a good idea to hold a small race test, say about 7 laps, with the Multi Bike 1000cc MOD, in third person view and see if these problems occur the same?

Klax75

I can't race third person. lol

Anyway I think we should do a test with Default Bikes. Since in Rookies Cup we had the groove file, and 12-14 riders and not many problems. But we were all on the same bike.

Hawk

Quote from: Klax75 on April 01, 2014, 05:46:55 AM
    I can't race third person. lol

Anyway I think we should do a test with Default Bikes. Since in Rookies Cup we had the groove file, and 12-14 riders and not many problems. But we were all on the same bike.

Oh I'm not suggesting Peter fix the view to third person view, just have a small race test with the settings like we had before we tried setting the server for cockpit view only, so you could ride in first person view as you always have done, this would make the test a genuine test because you have always competed in all races in 1st person view anyway, were most others like myself have previously rode in third person view.  ;D
    This would test if it could well be setting the server to cockpit view only that maybe causing problems? :)

Warlock

IMO there is no reason cockpit view could cause server side problems. We have done many races with free view with the same problems or even worse.

PeterV

1st Post updated
    • Date changed.
    (due to collision with OldSchool 2-stroke Aragon race)

PeterV

April 01, 2014, 04:29:15 PM #13 Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 04:32:38 PM by PeterV
    Quote from: Hawk_UK on April 01, 2014, 05:28:36 AM
    Are we going with Bike MOD 1.6 for this next test? Or for test reasons sake are we sticking with Bike MOD 1.5? It would be interesting if Bike MOD 1.6 solves any problems, though I can't see it making much difference to the problems we're experiencing?

Also, has anyone considered that the Cold Turkey Race was the first time we have held a race with cockpit view only and that this may be some reason for these problems? I'm just thinking of any unique differences and why these probs have only just started to occur since that Cold Turkey Cockpit view only race, and other previous races have been relatively trouble free.

It maybe a good idea to hold a small race test, say about 7 laps, with the Multi Bike 1000cc MOD, in third person view and see if these problems occur the same?

- Dont matter which version of Multibike mod you use 1.5 or 1.6, the 1000cc bikes are not changed, only the 600cc GPBikesItalia is added in 1.6)

- This test is for the groove file/dynamic surface. other things can be tested out in a later stage.

Hawk

Quote from: Warlock on April 01, 2014, 01:20:42 PM
    We have done many races with free view with the same problems or even worse.

Really? Since Beta4b? That's news to me.  :o
    I've run in every forum organised race since mid last year. Last year using Beta 3 was a nightmare for events, but since Beta 4b, not so bad at all....

Redbull Rookies Champs runs perfectly well for most part except for those that usually get problems with core.exe's and jump starts due to riders parking right on top of the start line.

Most of the Old School Races have gone without much trouble. Again except for the above reasons.

Most of the Cold Turkey races have run without much problems, well, not the problems we have been having lately.

In fact I'd say that since Beta4b, most races have been reasonably trouble free, again except for the above reasons I've stated.  :)

Of course there are riders who tend to get more core.exe crashes than others for some reason, but the specific problems we are having right now are different and uncommon from the usual problems we usually get, and the only thing we have done majorly different this time around is setting the server to "Cockpit View Only". So for that reason alone, I'd suggest that it's worth testing without Cockpit view(In other words so the server will accept any view, like usual) just to see if we still get the same problems.  :)

I don't usually get many core.exe's in race events, or server sync problems, but since the Cold Turkey Cockpit View only event I seem to be getting these problem regular during the event and the testing for the problem events. Also is definitely taking a lot longer to connect to the server for this event than usual.
    Something has got to be happening because of something we are doing different this time around, and what is the major different thing we are doing? Cockpit View Only. I rest my case, Warlock(Your honour). Lol.  ;D