• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 07:38:14 AM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Cold Turkey Test Race 2

Started by PeterV, March 31, 2014, 09:00:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawk

Quote from: PeterV on April 01, 2014, 04:29:15 PM
Quote from: Hawk_UK on April 01, 2014, 05:28:36 AM
Are we going with Bike MOD 1.6 for this next test? Or for test reasons sake are we sticking with Bike MOD 1.5? It would be interesting if Bike MOD 1.6 solves any problems, though I can't see it making much difference to the problems we're experiencing?

Also, has anyone considered that the Cold Turkey Race was the first time we have held a race with cockpit view only and that this may be some reason for these problems? I'm just thinking of any unique differences and why these probs have only just started to occur since that Cold Turkey Cockpit view only race, and other previous races have been relatively trouble free.

It maybe a good idea to hold a small race test, say about 7 laps, with the Multi Bike 1000cc MOD, in third person view and see if these problems occur the same?

- Dont matter which version of Multibike mod you use 1.5 or 1.6, the 1000cc bikes are not changed, only the 600cc GPBikesItalia is added in 1.6)

- This test is for the groove file/dynamic surface. other things can be tested out in a later stage.

Understood... One thing at a time is the sensible way to go. Thanks Peter. ;)

Kerazo

nuovaic

I'm in, if work doesn't get in the way (too early to tell now, but often does on Mondays :()

Warlock

Quote from: Hawk_UK on April 01, 2014, 04:30:24 PM
Quote from: Warlock on April 01, 2014, 01:20:42 PM
We have done many races with free view with the same problems or even worse.

Really? Since Beta4b? That's news to me.  :o
I've run in every forum organised race since mid last year. Last year using Beta 3 was a nightmare for events, but since Beta 4b, not so bad at all....

Redbull Rookies Champs runs perfectly well for most part except for those that usually get problems with core.exe's and jump starts due to riders parking right on top of the start line.

Most of the Old School Races have gone without much trouble. Again except for the above reasons.

Most of the Cold Turkey races have run without much problems, well, not the problems we have been having lately.

In fact I'd say that since Beta4b, most races have been reasonably trouble free, again except for the above reasons I've stated.  :)

Of course there are riders who tend to get more core.exe crashes than others for some reason, but the specific problems we are having right now are different and uncommon from the usual problems we usually get, and the only thing we have done majorly different this time around is setting the server to "Cockpit View Only". So for that reason alone, I'd suggest that it's worth testing without Cockpit view(In other words so the server will accept any view, like usual) just to see if we still get the same problems.  :)

I don't usually get many core.exe's in race events, or server sync problems, but since the Cold Turkey Cockpit View only event I seem to be getting these problem regular during the event and the testing for the problem events. Also is definitely taking a lot longer to connect to the server for this event than usual.
Something has got to be happening because of something we are doing different this time around, and what is the major different thing we are doing? Cockpit View Only. I rest my case, Warlock(Your honour). Lol.  ;D

Probably we are having less problems in this version because hitting other bikes or walls core.exe crash has been fixed, but we still having the same problems. Ask Alone about server desync. Yeah he is in southamerica, but not a reason to have problems. We have had sync problems lots of times, apart of Alone's ones. Didn't you ever had 20-60secs lag in laptimes?  (is more obvious to see with Maxhud plugin)

Hawk

Quote from: Warlock on April 01, 2014, 09:13:50 PM
Quote from: Hawk_UK on April 01, 2014, 04:30:24 PM
Quote from: Warlock on April 01, 2014, 01:20:42 PM
We have done many races with free view with the same problems or even worse.

Really? Since Beta4b? That's news to me.  :o
I've run in every forum organised race since mid last year. Last year using Beta 3 was a nightmare for events, but since Beta 4b, not so bad at all....

Redbull Rookies Champs runs perfectly well for most part except for those that usually get problems with core.exe's and jump starts due to riders parking right on top of the start line.

Most of the Old School Races have gone without much trouble. Again except for the above reasons.

Most of the Cold Turkey races have run without much problems, well, not the problems we have been having lately.

In fact I'd say that since Beta4b, most races have been reasonably trouble free, again except for the above reasons I've stated.  :)

Of course there are riders who tend to get more core.exe crashes than others for some reason, but the specific problems we are having right now are different and uncommon from the usual problems we usually get, and the only thing we have done majorly different this time around is setting the server to "Cockpit View Only". So for that reason alone, I'd suggest that it's worth testing without Cockpit view(In other words so the server will accept any view, like usual) just to see if we still get the same problems.  :)

I don't usually get many core.exe's in race events, or server sync problems, but since the Cold Turkey Cockpit View only event I seem to be getting these problem regular during the event and the testing for the problem events. Also is definitely taking a lot longer to connect to the server for this event than usual.
Something has got to be happening because of something we are doing different this time around, and what is the major different thing we are doing? Cockpit View Only. I rest my case, Warlock(Your honour). Lol.  ;D

Probably we are having less problems in this version because hitting other bikes or walls core.exe crash has been fixed, but we still having the same problems. Ask Alone about server desync. Yeah he is in southamerica, but not a reason to have problems. We have had sync problems lots of times, apart of Alone's ones. Didn't you ever had 20-60secs lag in laptimes?  (is more obvious to see with Maxhud plugin)

Honestly, I have not had any problems with server sync or laptime lag problems until the Cold Turkey Race event set with Multi Bike MOD and Cockpit View Only. I've had the odd core.exe problem(As we all do at times), and I've had occasions when we have had a full grid of riders on a very detailed circuit and have had FPS rates slowing down badly(But that is because I really need to upgrade my system), but apart from that, I usually can connect reasonably fast to the servers with I'd say approx 90% zero problems during the events; this is why I feel that something we are doing different than usual is causing these problems we're experiencing at the moment.
It will be interesting to see the results of all these test events we are doing. Hopefully we can narrow down exactly what is causing the problems and also help Piboso pinpoint what needs fixing.

I realise some of us are experiencing a lot of core.exe and server sync/lag problems, especially those, like as you say "Alone" who lives very far from the servers based in Europe, and I feel sorry for these guys... I hope that someday these problems can be overcome so that riders from all over the world can participate in race events without high ping rates and the problems it incurs. MMO's seem to be able to handle a world wide audience, so there must be ways and means to achieve this for GP Bikes too?

Problems with lap times may not be server related, they could be track authoring errors in poorly placed sector time indicators, or they could be a combination of both. I guess this is why it's good to have all these test events so we can try and pinpoint the problems.  :)

PS: I've had Max's Plugin installed since I first got GP Bikes and registered on this forum(Well, the old forum. Lol), and keep it updated as and when Max updates.  ;)

Klax75

I think it's Multi-Bike's. Red Bull Rookies runs fine, with the groove file, or without the groove file. Assen didn't have one it was a wet race. The race at Enna had one and things went fine with 14 riders. But this is GP Bikes only having to load 14 of the same model, the 125rr. I think we are going about this the wrong away, lets do a test with the same Bikes for everyone. Then see what happens. Instead of 8 different bikes, that may or may not have different physic's, that have different rider positions, different animations, that GP Bikes has to calculate.

It just seems kind of backwards to me stripping tracks down, that we have been using for several months or years. When we have had mulit-bike races relatively new, and that has been with Beta 4 and Beta 4b that came out in December.

Every race I can think of being in with things going well have been with everyone using the same bike, or the three default bikes (Victoria Practice).

I have gotten the out of sync a couple times, but it's so random I couldn't tell you how, or when it would happen. Yet other times I don't get it at all, when I am on the same servers.

Hawk

Quote from: Klax75 on April 02, 2014, 09:42:08 AM
I think it's Multi-Bike's. Red Bull Rookies runs fine, with the groove file, or without the groove file. Assen didn't have one it was a wet race. The race at Enna had one and things went fine with 14 riders. But this is GP Bikes only having to load 14 of the same model, the 125rr. I think we are going about this the wrong away, lets do a test with the same Bikes for everyone. Then see what happens. Instead of 8 different bikes, that may or may not have different physic's, that have different rider positions, different animations, that GP Bikes has to calculate.

It just seems kind of backwards to me stripping tracks down, that we have been using for several months or years. When we have had mulit-bike races relatively new, and that has been with Beta 4 and Beta 4b that came out in December.

Every race I can think of being in with things going well have been with everyone using the same bike, or the three default bikes (Victoria Practice).

I have gotten the out of sync a couple times, but it's so random I couldn't tell you how, or when it would happen. Yet other times I don't get it at all, when I am on the same servers.

Good points Klax about the possibility the problems could come from holding events with multiple different bikes and that we don't tend to get big problems when we hold events with of all the same bikes.  ;)

PeterV

Quote from: Klax75 on April 02, 2014, 09:42:08 AM

It's not about the tracks but about the groove file (which you can make in a testing session). We always did without it, until our disasters Brno GP race.

PeterV

1st Post updated
  • Bikemod changed to latest version 1.60.

PeterV

April 06, 2014, 04:11:08 PM #24 Last Edit: April 06, 2014, 04:13:09 PM by PeterV
1st Post updated
  • Silverstone track with No dynamic surface added.
Please download this silverstone version to prevent data mismatches

Hawk

Quote from: PeterV on April 06, 2014, 04:11:08 PM
1st Post updated
I presume this is just a test version of Silverstone without the Dynamic surface and isn't intended to replace the Silverstone track in the track downloads database?

PeterV

Quote from: Hawk_UK on April 06, 2014, 04:15:21 PM
Quote from: PeterV on April 06, 2014, 04:11:08 PM
1st Post updated
I presume this is just a test version of Silverstone without the Dynamic surface and isn't intended to replace the Silverstone track in the track downloads database?
you are correct its only for this test Do Not put it in track database

PeterV

Repost

1st Post updated

Mike404

Hi Peter, Can I test with you? Practice only (30min) I dont know if I can handle full distance still recovering from illness.
Thanks
Mike

Arvoss