• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 03:27:15 PM

Cold Turkey Test Race 2

Started by PeterV, March 31, 2014, 09:00:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dibu

Arvoss

Quote from: dibu on April 07, 2014, 08:30:04 PM
Quote from: Arvoss on April 07, 2014, 07:26:25 PM
I'll stream this race (My view of course :P )

http://www.twitch.tv/arvoss
Thank you, was nice to watch :)

It was a little test, racing while streaming was not the best idea, a bit laggy. Next time I'm going to stream from the replay view. ;)

dibu

April 07, 2014, 08:36:42 PM #32 Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 08:40:35 PM by dibu
Quote from: Arvoss on April 07, 2014, 08:31:42 PM
It was a little test, racing while streaming was not the best idea, a bit laggy. Next time I'm going to stream from the replay view. ;)
hehe, I only watch live events ;) replay is online https://www.dropbox.com/sh/y9n3pi7xv9t9czt/oMmXOJ5Msi

Arvoss

Quote from: dibu on April 07, 2014, 08:36:42 PM
Quote from: Arvoss on April 07, 2014, 08:31:42 PM
hehe, I only watch live events ;) replay is online https://www.dropbox.com/sh/y9n3pi7xv9t9czt/5Wm7ldfaEP/Replays

I mean the live replay of course :D I'll be the cameraman :P

PeterV

Quote from: Mike404 on April 07, 2014, 06:46:11 PM
Hi Peter, Can I test with you? Practice only (30min) I dont know if I can handle full distance still recovering from illness.
Thanks
Mike
sorry mike i missed youre post, otherwise it would not be a problem at all
next time i hope to see you signup, dont matter if you dont have the pace, as long as you have fun :p

PeterV

April 07, 2014, 08:47:24 PM #35 Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 09:03:24 PM by PeterV
Thanks all for testing with me.

Overall result sofar (ill break it down tommorow for PiBoso, will post it in bugs/groove topic)
* If anyone has anything else please report it here.

- No Cores
- Server felt more stable (and was :P)
- Less lag reports from several riders.
- Grip level did not feel different then from test one (with dynamic surface).
- End results (classification) seemed better, (have to check that yet)from what i heard.

*** Edit *** Piboso if you as well are checking the dynamic surfac/groove file please inform us about you're findings as well, thank you.

Arvoss

Quote from: PeterV on April 07, 2014, 08:47:24 PM

Overall result sofar (ill break it down tommorow for PiBoso, will post it in bugs/groove topic)

- No Cores
- End results (classification) seemed better, (have to check that yet)from what i heard.

We should do this test again on Brno for a final conclusion. To see if it was the track/groove or just bad luck that day...

Klax75

Quote from: Arvoss on April 07, 2014, 08:51:10 PM

- No Cores

We should do this test again on Brno for a final conclusion. To see if it was the track/groove or just bad luck that day...

Yeah I think so too.

PeterV

Quote from: Arvoss on April 07, 2014, 08:51:10 PM

agree Arvoss, only thing now we need a Brno track without Dunamic surface (new Brno GP.trp) anyone? Brp?

Then we can do:
- Brno GP No Groove, Dynamic Surface.
- Brno No Groove,  No Dynamic Surface

(will be the same as Silverstone, only other track)

Alone

If you will make a 3º test without surface I like to participate. Maybe is a solution!!. I wont be part of the 2º cause my lag can disturb the server, and it wont be a replica from the first one.
Cheers Cold turkeys!

Klax75

Quote from: Alone on April 07, 2014, 09:09:01 PM
If you will make a 3º test without surface I like to participate. Maybe is a solution!!. I wont be part of the 2º cause my lag can disturb the server, and it wont be a replica from the first one.
Cheers Cold turkeys!

My Ping is about 120-130 in the races, and I'm doing Ok.

Klax75

- No Cores

*** Edit *** Piboso if you as well are checking the dynamic surfac/groove file please inform us about you're findings as well, thank you.

Things I noticed in this race. For me, the other riders didn't seem to "jump" around hardly at all because of my ping, everyone was smooth. Also when I would cross the finish line my lap was counted instantly there was no delay. Now this could be because of the test or just good luck from the internet gods. :)

Alone

Quote from: Klax75 on April 07, 2014, 09:34:30 PM

Things I noticed in this race. For me, the other riders didn't seem to "jump" around hardly at all because of my ping, everyone was smooth. Also when I would cross the finish line my lap was counted instantly there was no delay. Now this could be because of the test or just good luck from the internet gods. :)

Sounds pretty good! I normally have 290-320. If it is the way, Peter is a genious! if not... :P

davidboda46

My ping was around 140 But no major problems (jumping riders and so on...)

Cheers
"THE EDGE... THERE IS NO HONEST WAY TO EXPLAIN IT BECAUSE THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO REALLY KNOW WHERE IT IS ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE GONE OVER"

Warlock

Errmmm..... one more thing .... I won the race  :P ;D

So dynamic surface maybe is something Piboso can debug to see if is there a problem with it, at least is a start point.