• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 01:26:32 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

LiveTiming

Started by ALEale, April 04, 2014, 04:45:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ALEale

How does it works? how we can setup our servers to have livetiming? thanks :D

dibu

April 04, 2014, 05:26:54 PM #1 Last Edit: April 04, 2014, 07:09:39 PM by dibu

Alby46

great idea for the wss 600 champ :)
Still riding a 50cc, but enjoying it :)

ALEale

Quote from: dibu on April 04, 2014, 05:26:54 PM
Look here for a first start: http://forum.kartracing-pro.com/index.php?topic=2134.0

Thanks dibu! But seems that NOP's file must be re-uploaded  :'(

dibu

I only mentioned this thread to give you an idea how it works and about the data format.

I'm not sure if the program of NOP = random (who sadly left this forum) will be of much use for you. It was designed for the Hotlap server but not for general use.
His program reads the live timing ports and writes the results to txt files in a special format.

The results contain:
-date&time
-player name and start number
-bike and category used
-weather conditions and temperatures
-split times
-laptime
-lap valid or not
-speed at speedtrap

The latest version of his software is able to monitor the live timing ports of multiple servers simultanously and write the results to separate text files. It can be used to monitor local servers or over LAN/WAN. I use it as part of the Hotlap servers (currently down). If you want to test it send me PM.

Maybe it's good idea to invite MaX to a big barrel of beer if you need a software like this for displaying results at your web site ;)

HornetMaX

Quote from: dibu on April 05, 2014, 02:13:27 PM
Maybe it's good idea to invite MaX to a big barrel of beer if you need a software like this for displaying results at your web site ;)

As if I were a cheap bitch. Well, OK, for two barrels I may give it a though ... :)

Problem is I know very little of network code and even less of web stuff, so it would take me a while to catch up with all this.

At the moment also I'm very busy with the telemetry stuff I'm trying to do to replace random's software (which was excellent).

Definitely it seems my destiny is to compensate for random's absence. Damn, I wish he was still here: I'd have much more hours playing instead of coding ...

MaX.

dibu

April 05, 2014, 05:28:20 PM #6 Last Edit: April 05, 2014, 05:34:31 PM by dibu
Quote from: HornetMaX on April 05, 2014, 05:09:45 PM
As if I were a cheap bitch. Well, OK, for two barrels I may give it a though ... :)
Sorry MaX this was never what I wanted to express.  ;) I can give you all informations and programs I have but as always I've no source code.
Yes, I also miss random, it was such a fine teamwork. :-X

HornetMaX

Quote from: dibu on April 05, 2014, 05:28:20 PM
Quote from: HornetMaX on April 05, 2014, 05:09:45 PM
Sorry MaX this was never what I wanted to to express.  ;)
I'll never talk to you again dibu. Unless you can get me a sensible reduction on a BMW S1000R, of course :)

Which just proves I'm not a bitch  ;D

MaX.

Alby46

sorry, but... random is the nick of a old user?

dibu

Quote from: Alby46 on April 06, 2014, 07:28:42 AM
sorry, but... random is the nick of a old user?
Yes his nick in the old forum was 'random'. He contributed a lot of genius tools like Telemetrie Analyser, Android Dash, Advanced Hud and he also wrote the software for the Hotlap server.   

Alby46

wow, i bet he was incredible. Why he disappeared now?