• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

New Beta - PiBoSo?

Started by LauZzZn, April 04, 2014, 09:10:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LauZzZn

Any news piboso? Will the next beta be final or are you going to work more on it in the future, as it seems the interest is getting bigger now, quite mich.
I gonna convert a few tracks, and would really like to experiment with the physics.
I really hope you gonna invest more time into wrs, maybe promote it a bit more, just get people to race on your sim, i might got a german company, leading in sims, to use it as new official sim, as rfactor is getting too old for them, and you got already now a lot of things they need.

PiBoSo

Quote from: LauZzZn on April 04, 2014, 09:10:14 PM
Any news piboso? Will the next beta be final or are you going to work more on it in the future, as it seems the interest is getting bigger now, quite mich.
I gonna convert a few tracks, and would really like to experiment with the physics.
I really hope you gonna invest more time into wrs, maybe promote it a bit more, just get people to race on your sim, i might got a german company, leading in sims, to use it as new official sim, as rfactor is getting too old for them, and you got already now a lot of things they need.

The next beta will not be final.
The plan is to continue work on WRS endlessly and add new cars and new features.
If a company is seriously interested in a dedicated sim, please ask them to contact PiBoSo... A collaboration would for sure speed-up work a lot!  :)
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

Hawk

Of course rFactor is getting old, that's why ISI released rFactor2... WRS is not even close to being as good as rFactor2.  :P ;D

PiBoSo

Quote from: Hawk_UK on April 04, 2014, 10:02:56 PM

Of course rFactor is getting old, that's why ISI released rFactor2... WRS is not even close to being as good as rFactor2.  :P ;D

Maybe it's a trolling attempt, or maybe you'd just prefer to have 100% of energies and time focused on GP Bikes...
If you are serious, then it is your opinion. Many drivers think differently, at least on the physics side.

Hawk

Quote from: PiBoSo on April 04, 2014, 10:16:59 PM

Maybe it's a trolling attempt, or maybe you'd just prefer to have 100% of energies and time focused on GP Bikes...
If you are serious, then it is your opinion. Many drivers think differently, at least on the physics side.

I'm certainly no troll, Piboso..... In fact I'm a big fan of yours, but I will not blow sunshine up your arse either.  :P :)

As for whether I'd prefer you to devout 100% of your time and energies to GP Bikes? Of course I would; though of course I know it's not as simple as that, but ideally yes!  ;D

But my original comment was not intended to be disrespectful towards WRS at all, and if you took offence to my comment then I apologise, but I was just reacting to what in effect was a comparison between rFactor and WRS, and like I said, I won't blow sunshine up your arse.  :P 8)

PiBoSo

Quote from: Hawk_UK on April 05, 2014, 02:01:48 PM

I'm certainly no troll, Piboso..... In fact I'm a big fan of yours, but I will not blow sunshine up your arse either.  :P :)

As for whether I'd prefer you to devout 100% of your time and energies to GP Bikes? Of course I would; though of course I know it's not as simple as that, but ideally yes!  ;D

But my original comment was not intended to be disrespectful towards WRS at all, and if you took offence to my comment then I apologise, but I was just reacting to what in effect was a comparison between rFactor and WRS, and like I said, I won't blow sunshine up your arse.  :P 8)

Are you sure that "WRS is not even close to being as good as rFactor2" when it comes to physics ( that is what would matter more for a sim company )?

Arvoss

I don't drive race cars irl but I'm pretty sure the FR3000 reacts as it would in real life. I really enjoy WRS because it's difficult to go fast without losing control in every corner. I don't really care aboit graphics when I play a sim. When you see the real F1 sims it looks like a ps1 game :P

PiBoSo, do you want to sell WRS to a big company or just work together?

PiBoSo

Quote from: Arvoss on April 05, 2014, 02:52:06 PM
PiBoSo, do you want to sell WRS to a big company or just work together?

A simulation company may be interested in a collaboration to use the WRS physics and engine for their products.

Hawk

Quote from: PiBoSo on April 05, 2014, 02:36:27 PM
Quote from: Hawk_UK on April 05, 2014, 02:01:48 PM

Are you sure that "WRS is not even close to being as good as rFactor2" when it comes to physics ( that is what would matter more for a sim company )?

The physics engine in WRS is certainly good enough for another sim company to want to use it for their projects, and if you have a company that wants to use it, then my advice would be to let them use it under a license agreement for their purpose.
When I said that "WRS is not even close to being as good as rFactor2" I was taking into account ISI's whole package for rFactor2, which like your own projects, is being continually upgraded and polished over time and rFactor2 is now a highly polished piece of kit indeed, hence the likes of FSR have now decided to implement rFactor2 into this years Virtual online F1 World Championships.

So yes, physics wise, the WRS physics engine is certainly good enough for a sim company to want to use it in their projects. There is no doubt about that.