• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 08:24:50 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

[BIKE] Honda NSR 500 95

Started by JC#21, April 05, 2014, 11:23:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawk

Quote from: JC#21 on April 05, 2014, 03:59:53 PM

Quote from: _oDi_ on April 05, 2014, 01:17:46 PM

Thanks for the confidence :D but...also working on the physics, I do not think there would be much difference compared to the Cagiva ... perhaps a little 'more power and drivability (better chassis and tires). Is it worth it? What do you think? :)

I do not think it's necessary. Physic of cagiva is good and can be used to an other 500cc.
Moreover, we have no data to modify physics and geom. It will be a very difficult task for just a little more power.

@JC#21: "The physics of the Cagiva is good".... Really? Anyone else think the same? Lol.
Okay.... I'll qualify that by agreeing that all the bikes physics are good, but accurate? Hmm... I doubt that very much.

I just don't understand why you think that each different 500cc bike can make do with using the physics file of the Cagiva? Each 500cc GP racing bike is obviously different to one another(Power/Handling/Balance, etc, etc), same as each 1000cc MotoGP bike is different to one another....
I just think that ideally, if possible, every bike MOD should reflect as real as possible, the real physics and handling of the machine created. Someone somewhere must have the knowledge and details that would be required to do this work for each bike. And I also think that to just make do with a standard physics file for each MOD bike is a terrible injustice to the potential of GP Bikes.

As the old saying goes.... "Were there's a will, there's a way".  ;) ;D

HornetMaX

Quote from: JamoZ on April 05, 2014, 11:49:57 AM
Great work man, one of the most iconic bikes of all time :)

Ditto.

MaX.

JC#21

Quote from: Hawk_UK on April 05, 2014, 04:44:12 PM

@JC#21: "The physics of the Cagiva is good".... Really? Anyone else think the same? Lol.
Okay.... I'll qualify that by agreeing that all the bikes physics are good, but accurate? Hmm... I doubt that very much.

I just don't understand why you think that each different 500cc bike can make do with using the physics file of the Cagiva? Each 500cc GP racing bike is obviously different to one another(Power/Handling/Balance, etc, etc), same as each 1000cc MotoGP bike is different to one another....
I just think that ideally, if possible, every bike MOD should reflect as real as possible, the real physics and handling of the machine created. Someone somewhere must have the knowledge and details that would be required to do this work for each bike. And I also think that to just make do with a standard physics file for each MOD bike is a terrible injustice to the potential of GP Bikes.

As the old saying goes.... "Were there's a will, there's a way".  ;) ;D

Currently, it's my point of view.
I have no point of comparison to judge correctly if the physic of the cagiva is realistic or not. It seems good for me  :P

Also, I'm agree with you when you said each bikes have different specificities. The WSS bikeset is a perfect example and I want this but between to find data of wss and data of old 500cc there is a gap.

KLJ#14

Christmas came early this year!

Love it!

_oDi_

April 05, 2014, 06:48:20 PM #19 Last Edit: April 05, 2014, 06:50:03 PM by _oDi_
For me, the physics of the Cagiva is perfect, it would be hard to do better without a lot of information on NSR ... considering that we do not have the appropriate tools, and in any case, at the level of "feelings", I don't think it differs too from Cagiva . However, Jc  decide, he's made the bike :)

Hawk

Okay guys, no problem, I understand were your coming from, I really do..... I tell you what, I'll do you guys a deal:

If I can get hold of the data required to as accurately as possible create the physics file for the NSR 500:

• JC#21: Will you allow creation of a new physics file for your NSR 500 Model?
  • oDi: Would you be willing to head the task of creating that physics file?

I can't promise anything, but if you both agree to the above I will do all I can to contact the required people and acquire the data needed for you guys to achieve this. ;) ;D

BozoCRO

Greta job JC. Love the model. Dash is so realistic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXXVZQjerxw Hope this helps Hawk. It's a 2 cylinder nsr

JC#21

Quote from: Hawk_UK on April 05, 2014, 07:08:16 PM
JC#21:[/b] Will you allow creation of a new physics file for your NSR 500 Model?[/li][/list]

For me, it's not a priority, but you are free to work on a new physic. If you can find data for all the 500cc it would be perfect and helpful for the bikeset 500cc.

Quote from: BozoCRO on April 05, 2014, 09:38:30 PM
Great job JC. Love the model. Dash is so realistic.

thx  ;)

Hawk

April 06, 2014, 10:02:29 AM #23 Last Edit: April 06, 2014, 10:13:47 AM by Hawk_UK
    Quote from: JC#21 on April 06, 2014, 08:12:56 AM
    Quote from: Hawk_UK on April 05, 2014, 07:08:16 PM
    JC#21:[/b] Will you allow creation of a new physics file for your NSR 500 Model?[/li][/list]

For me, it's not a priority, but you are free to work on a new physic. If you can find data for all the 500cc it would be perfect and helpful for the bikeset 500cc.

Thanks JC.  ;D

I understand it's not your priority, but at least you have been good enough to allow permission to work on a new physics file. Thank you mate. ;) 8)

If I can get hold of the required bike data, not just for the NSR, but for as many classic 500cc GP bikes as I can, I will create a database and upload all the info into it for anyone to download what they need to create the required physics files for these bikes.
    I'm a BIG fan of the 500cc 2 stroke era and so I would like these bikes to be simulated as accurately as possible. Ideally we want Honda/Yamaha/Suzuki/Cagiva and Kawasaki 500cc GP 2 strokes created then we can have a very interesting "Old School" 500cc GP world championships each year to also include manufacturers/team titles as well as the riders titles up for grabs.  It would be GREAT! ;D 8)

PS: When you said, " but you are free to work on a new physic.", I presume that also means your happy for oDi and his team too? I think oDi and his team would really do it justice if they have the time to devout to this.
    Just need to get the bike data for these guys.... It's like getting blood out of a stone. Hehe.
    There's got to be people somewhere who have this data or at least know others who can supply it for us.... I'm working on it!  ;D

Alby46

Still riding a 50cc, but enjoying it :)

SwarleyRuiz

BIG THANKS JC. Great work, downloading.  ;D
    I use the google translator

Youtube: SwarleyRuiz Video of Games Racing.

C21

@JC21: very good work mate, much appriciated. I was thinking for a long time why nobody is doing 500cc models based on the cagiva....change the fairings and seats and shape of fuel tanks,....not much work for a 3d modeller  ;)

@Physics:
    As a few guys are able to do some decent physics for the models it should be possible to get different physic sets for each mod.
    The modder should have the permission by the creator of the bike(s) or bikeset in my opinion if the new physics set will be used online and in online races.

Personally i´m also a hardcore enthusiasts and like the physics as close to "real" as possible.
    For example the WSS-Mod:
    Great mod , great work and much fun to play BUT not 100% accurate. I´ve discussed with ODI and understand his point of view to take the playability and fun as top priority  ;D
    I´m not 100% satisfied because MY (own) expectations were not fulfilled but do i blame the creator of the mod for this? NO, because he has his proirities for developing the mod how he like it!
    But if someone will be developing a "more real" WSS physic set why not? It is no disrespect of the work ODI has done!
    It will be the same with a 500cc mod.
    We can play with different bikes and the same physics on each bike or with a hardcore bikeset developed by someone who is able to do that.
    You can display on the server list which physics are used so no problem to join the server with the physics you like.
    Players can test different physics and can play with the one they prefer.
    You will always have players which prefer only one physic file for every bike class because only the rider will make the difference and you will have players who like the other way (each bike has it´s own physic).

Bike data is not a problem anymore (thanks to the net) but the problem i see is:
    How to develop a bike as real as possible if noone ever has ridden this type of bike? How should we determine "This is real"? It´s not possible to ride a 500cc GP Bike to get the feeling......
    We have some guys on the forum riding 600cc Supersports or Cup track bikes, so we can get a decent feedback on this type of bike but 500cc GP??
    # Member of the CAWS Racing Team #

Hawk

Quote from: C21 on April 07, 2014, 08:07:01 AM
    Bike data is not a problem anymore (thanks to the net) but the problem i see is:
    How to develop a bike as real as possible if noone ever has ridden this type of bike? How should we determine "This is real"? It´s not possible to ride a 500cc GP Bike to get the feeling......
    We have some guys on the forum riding 600cc Supersports or Cup track bikes, so we can get a decent feedback on this type of bike but 500cc GP??

I agree with almost everything you said in your previous post C21..... But I'd qualify the above statement by saying that most modern bike data maybe relatively easy to find on the internet, but have you ever tried finding a dyno chart or frame geometry data for a bike like the 1982 YZR OW60 Yamaha 500cc GP bike? Or any of the other so called classic 500cc GP Bikes? If you know of a good source then please let me know. ;D

As for your paragraph in your previous post about knowing if a bike is accurate to the real thing as possible?..... Well I'm not sure about this, but as I understand it, that if you have all the required data needed, and I do mean all the required data, and you can implement that data in the correct way, in that your physics model/formulas are correct, then so long as the real data is put into that physics model then it should react the same as the real model?
    I think the problems occur when you don't have all the correct required data to accurately model the physics and therefore you start to guess certain factors which can lead to inaccuracies in the end result. Which is where you would need a real rider to come along to give you feedback so that you can tweek those unknown factors till the test rider says, "Yes, it feels good and life-like". Am I correct in this presumption of mine?

Vini

Hawk

Quote from: BozoCRO on April 05, 2014, 09:38:30 PM
    Greta job JC. Love the model. Dash is so realistic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXXVZQjerxw Hope this helps Hawk. It's a 2 cylinder nsr

Thanks for that BozoCRO. I will contact this group and see if I can find any contacts that can provide any useful data we can use.

Thanks again mate! ;) ;D