• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:05:41 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

GP Bikes demo NEEDS 1 online server!

Started by Arvoss, April 06, 2014, 04:30:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arvoss

April 06, 2014, 04:30:24 PM Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 08:54:44 PM by Arvoss
A friend tried the demo of GP Bikes and he liked it. I decided to buy him a license key because I wanted to play online with him. BUT he keeps getting core exe (I know, again a topic about this bug...).

This is why new players should be able to test the game online before buying it. It's wasted money when you can't play online...

So, PiBoSo, is it possible to add 1 server on Victoria on the demo? So new players like my friend don't have the same problem...

Warlock

He must know its a beta , and can, will, have bugs.

Arvoss

Quote from: Warlock on April 06, 2014, 05:39:19 PM

I told him about core exe but he's very unlucky. When he leaves the pit he gets a core. Same problem as C21 if I remember.

Hawk

Quote from: Arvoss on April 06, 2014, 05:42:47 PM
Quote from: Warlock on April 06, 2014, 05:39:19 PM

I told him about core exe but he's very unlucky. When he leaves the pit he gets a core. Same problem as C21 if I remember.

Yeah same problem..... C21 found a solution to constant core.exe's, didn't he?

Were is C21? Haven't seen him around lately.

C21

April 07, 2014, 06:51:22 AM #4 Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 07:05:17 AM by C21
Hi Hawk  ;D
I´m here , you have to look closely  ;)
No unfortunatly i did not found a permanent solution.
I thought i would get rid of it but......
I don´t have a clue what is the root cause of it.
Use of win 2000 compability mode is a solution which works for me but not everytime.
I joined the French WSS Server about 1 or 2 weeks ago and got 3 core.exe within 5 minutes, could not do 2 conistent laps. No changes done we did a race and i was able to race 5 laps w/o any core.exe and could ride on the next training...
I don´t had a core.exe on the WSS Italia Server riding Monza V1.1 for about 1 hour.
If i use WIN7 w/o comp mode i get persistent core.exe again on any servers i join  :(

In my opinion it should have first priority to fix this issue because a lot of players have this issue and getting away from gpbikes because of this. AND GPB is a Multiplayer game!!!
It´s the only reason why i did not buy a licence for my buddy because we don´t know if he can play or he also will be one of the core.exe victims. ;)
# Member of the CAWS Racing Team #

PiBoSo

Is there a reliable way to replicate the core.exe crash?
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

C21

April 07, 2014, 09:54:08 AM #6 Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 10:10:31 AM by C21
Using win7 mode (w/o compability)  -> probably yes.
Join server , drive out of pits, crash(core.exe) in the 1st or 2nd corner (track victoria). On other tracks maybe after 1 lap (Aragon) or a bit earlier or later.

Using win2000 comp mode -> no.
Can crash but most playing between 5-30min is possible.

The weird thing is, after installing an older graphic card driver i was able to play w/o core.exe in win 7 mode on 2 consistend days (for more than 45min) and thought the complaint was solved.
But after not playing for a few weeks and joining a server again i got the core.exe issue back....
As i played online on the WSS servers other players got the core.exe issues multiple times again and again....really frustrating. (reading the chat on the server).

Arvoss

April 07, 2014, 09:54:25 AM #7 Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 09:56:31 AM by Arvoss
Quote from: PiBoSo on April 07, 2014, 09:05:49 AM

Is there a reliable way to replicate the core.exe crash?

We tried to replicate it but it's not always on the same position. Cutting the pit at Victoria lead to a core crash 3 times. Leaving pit normally and riding 300m lead also to a core crash a couple of times.

We left the pit the wrong way and he could ride 2 laps without a core crash.

I'm pretty sure it has something do do with installed drivers because he's using the same MacBook Pro model as me with Windows 7 bootcamp. I rarely get core crashes.
Is there a way to see which drivers are used by GP Bikes? Maybe it would help to see which version of drivers I have installed and which version my friend has.

C21

April 07, 2014, 09:56:47 AM #8 Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 10:09:09 AM by C21
QuoteCutting the pit at Victoria lead to a core crash 3 times. Leaving pit normally and riding 300m lead also to a core crash a couple of times.
Can confirm partly. I cut regurlally but don´t get a core.exe. thereafter, i get it at the 1st left corner regardless if i cut or left the pits normally. Driving reverse direction leads into core crash also but tested that only once.

It does not depend on bikes or mods.
I did a fresh clean install , used the MSM125 and Murusama and got the same issue....
I never get core.exe playing offline, it´s a 100% online issue.

Hawk

Quote from: Arvoss on April 07, 2014, 09:54:25 AM

I'm pretty sure it has something do do with installed drivers because he's using the same MacBook Pro model as me with Windows 7 bootcamp. I rarely get core crashes.
Is there a way to see which drivers are used by GP Bikes? Maybe it would help to see which version of drivers I have installed and which version my friend has.

I would say that is a very good point, and well worth investigating. :)

C21

I´m not quite sure.
I use a desktop and a laptop.
Both with win7 64bit with different versions (Ultimate and Enterprise), updated regularly. Graphic drivers are different too and i have the issue on both units in the same way.

Arvoss

April 07, 2014, 12:46:04 PM #11 Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 12:58:32 PM by Arvoss
Running as administrator WORKS at the moment. 6 laps without core. He got a couple of cores, but way less than running without admin mode. What's the difference between running as administrator and running an application normally?

Hawk

Quote from: Arvoss on April 07, 2014, 12:46:04 PM
Running as administrator WORKS at the moment. 6 laps without core. He got a couple of cores, but way less than running without admin mode. What's the difference between running as administrator and running an application normally?

As far as I understand it, it allows the computer to install/run an application without any restrictions.

Also. before you install GP Bikes, right click the gpbikes.exe and select properties and make sure you unblock the application. This is what I do when installing GP Bikes and like yourself I hardly get any problems except the usual core.exe from time to time if your on the online servers for any length of time, usually when someone else connects and the programme freezes for a few seconds then core.exe's.
Not quite sure what it unblocks, but if it's blocking then that can't be good for the install. :)

Arvoss

We played for 1 hour and he didn't get 1 core. Running as admin fixed the problem apparently. Weird but it works :P

Hawk

Quote from: Arvoss on April 07, 2014, 08:37:46 PM
We played for 1 hour and he didn't get 1 core. Running as admin fixed the problem apparently. Weird but it works :P

Glad your getting things sorted for your mate there, Arvoss..... Hopefully another member of the team, so long as he's not as fast as you!! Hehe ;D