• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

Steering look

Started by BerScott, April 09, 2014, 02:05:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BerScott

I know there's already implemented a predictable turning look like look to apex, but I think it could be a good option to have an steering look option like in LFS or SimBin sims. Just adding the option as a slider to select how much degrees you want to turn the view while steering could be nice.

Could this be implemented, please?

PiBoSo

Quote from: BerScott on April 09, 2014, 02:05:48 PM
I know there's already implemented a predictable turning look like look to apex, but I think it could be a good option to have an steering look option like in LFS or SimBin sims. Just adding the option as a slider to select how much degrees you want to turn the view while steering could be nice.

Could this be implemented, please?

Wouldn't this be annoying when counter-steering?
What is wrong with "corner anticipation"?
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

BerScott

Quote from: PiBoSo on April 09, 2014, 03:30:43 PM
Wouldn't this be annoying when counter-steering?
What is wrong with "corner anticipation"?

No it wouldn't, I've use it for years and it works well. You can use it with a low value just to don't feel the cam static and a high value for drift or racing in a twisty circuit. If the car understeer the counter-steering will make the cam look the the right direction, because the nose is looking to the interior and the cam will be looking to the road.

"Corner anticipation" is ok, but it makes me feel that I have not control under the view, despite it takes the right direction.

If the cam is set out ok in the eye of the driver I assure that "steering look" works really well. I manage to set it to 57 degrees because I use 40 vertical FOV in a 19 inch monitor.