• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 04:47:00 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Data mismatch solution?

Started by Arvoss, April 12, 2014, 11:46:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arvoss

PiBoSo, I play KRP since 2 days and this made me think about a solution for the bike data mismatches. The way you choose the Karts is perfect (add or remove a kart). This should be the same with the bikes. Because we don't need a full mod pack to race with only 3 or 4 different bikes. In the future it will be impossible to download ALL the bikes.

Solution? => When a creator makes a bike he has to register it (just like a track). Every bike will have its own ID, this way the server can check which bikes the user needs to join that server. The user can look on the Bike stats page which bikes he needs to download to enter that server.

I'm not sure if this is 100% clear but this could be a 'solution'. I made some screenshots to show you what I mean.

Klax75

It would have to be a third party site. GP Bike's Website can't link to a MOD Bike that is built from another game.

Arvoss

Quote from: Klax75 on April 12, 2014, 12:29:13 PM
It would have to be a third party site. GP Bike's Website can't link to a MOD Bike that is built from another game.

The click here is a link created by the author of the bike. A forum link, mediafire, mega,... ;) It's just a quick solution I came up with ;)

Hawk

Quote from: Arvoss on April 12, 2014, 12:30:54 PM
Quote from: Klax75 on April 12, 2014, 12:29:13 PM

The click here is a link created by the author of the bike. A forum link, mediafire, mega,... ;) It's just a quick solution I came up with ;)

@Arvoss: Great idea, but as Klax pointed out, Piboso cannot link the GP Bikes software to MODS that contain ripped content(even if they are third party links). However this is a great idea, and I think so long as the registered bikes are assured scratch made, then this could work. Nice thinking Arvoss! ;) ;D 8)